more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on January 12, 2020, 01:49:06 PM
Kongolo- from the above posts it sounds risky to me - is he safer than Odoi at left back. Suspect if we sign him he will be on the bench for a good while.

Kongolo cannot even make the bench after Huddersfield conceded 5 goals against Stoke and 2 goals against Barnsley. The coaches task is to avoid going to League One, I assume he knows more about Kongolo than we do and wants to sell him to us to free some money up for the relegation struggle. Any money he gets will probably go buy a new left back (as that position has the worst statistics) to replace the one ahead of Kongolo. RISKY sounds like an understatement either their coach is an idiot or we are for considering him.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 13, 2020, 08:30:24 AM
Quote from: filham on January 12, 2020, 01:49:06 PM
Kongolo- from the above posts it sounds risky to me - is he safer than Odoi at left back. Suspect if we sign him he will be on the bench for a good while.

Kongolo cannot even make the bench after Huddersfield conceded 5 goals against Stoke and 2 goals against Barnsley. The coaches task is to avoid going to League One, I assume he knows more about Kongolo than we do and wants to sell him to us to free some money up for the relegation struggle. Any money he gets will probably go buy a new left back (as that position has the worst statistics) to replace the one ahead of Kongolo. RISKY sounds like an understatement either their coach is an idiot or we are for considering him.

He's basically given up on playing for Huddersfield. He was one of their better players last season, but I can't blame him for not wanting to stick around in a struggling Huddersfield side.

Jimsbeerbelly

Someone on the Fulham Independent Forum, reckons Che Adams will be joining us on loan from Southampton until the summer. I'll take this with a pinch of salt, as most stuff on there is 99.9% bull, but, if this is true, then there'll be a load of really pee'd off Leeds fans, as they're 100% certain he's going to them!

Looking into it further, Southampton want him back in the summer, whereas Leeds want an option to buy along with the loan, so could this sway it for us, if we're just looking for the loan?

Interesting...

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 13, 2020, 09:01:20 AM

He's basically given up on playing for Huddersfield. He was one of their better players last season, but I can't blame him for not wanting to stick around in a struggling Huddersfield side.

Great let's sign this guy on a five-year deal, plus we know when he wants to leave he'll make sure his values fails so the other team can pick him up cheap, exactly the kind of attitude we should be bringing into our dressing room and make sure we never sell a player at a profit again.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 13, 2020, 10:38:54 AM

Great, let's sign this guy on a five-year deal, exactly the kind of attitude we should be bringing into our dressing room.

Have to agree with you. We'd be critical of a player who gave up on us so how is Huddersfield any different.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on January 13, 2020, 10:41:00 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 13, 2020, 10:38:54 AM

Great, let's sign this guy on a five-year deal, exactly the kind of attitude we should be bringing into our dressing room.

Have to agree with you. We'd be critical of a player who gave up on us so how is Huddersfield any different.

We're critical of some Ligue 1 players whose performance dropped when stepping up to the premier league and some unfairly accused those players of not trying (which evidence can neither confirm or deny). This guy's performance crashed stepping down to an easier league, a guy that completes 78% of passes in the premier league should be able to match that in the league below or at least its pretty good evidence that he might not be trying.

twang

Danny Cowley on Kongolo back in November:
"Terence played left-back in the Sheffield Wednesday game and did ok, then he found it more difficult in the West Brom game and, again, more difficult against Preston" in his honest post-match comments, as reported by ​Examiner Live.

He added: "To be fair to Terence, he is playing out of position and he is just coming back from injury as well in the Preston game. He didn't look right or feel right. He is a defender and left footed, but he is not a left-back."

Statto

Bit of an oversimplification just to assume Kongolo can't be bothered with the Championship IMO.

I should imagine he (a bit like Seri) came here expecting to be playing relatively successful, expansive football against Man City, Liverpool et al, but ended up in one of the worst ever PL teams, losing 3 out of every 4 games and getting humiliated regularly. It hasn't improved much for them despite dropping down, so I should imagine the atmosphere there is pretty toxic. Now the fans are on his back, and he's playing in a division where rough, negative tactics are often allowed to neutralise the most talented players because of the crap refereeing. All this coupled with moving from Monaco to Huddersfield.

Maybe it has all just caught up with lad and he's depressed.

A fresh start in London, a more positive dressing room and a clean slate with new fans could be just what he needs.   

jayffc

Quote from: Statto on January 13, 2020, 01:53:46 PM
Bit of an oversimplification just to assume Kongolo can't be bothered with the Championship IMO.

I should imagine he (a bit like Seri) came here expecting to be playing relatively successful, expansive football against Man City, Liverpool et al, but ended up in one of the worst ever PL teams, losing 3 out of every 4 games and getting humiliated regularly. It hasn't improved much for them despite dropping down, so I should imagine the atmosphere there is pretty toxic. Now the fans are on his back, and he's playing in a division where rough, negative tactics are often allowed to neutralise the most talented players because of the crap refereeing. All this coupled with moving from Monaco to Huddersfield.

A fresh start in London, a more positive dressing room and a clean slate with new fans could be just what he needs.   

This,
Couldn't agree more, it's rarely as simple as a blanket statement like - he don't wanna be in the champ. His current state is likely to be an accumulation of events and situations, like many players before him, a move might help he rediscover his form and state of mind. We all know a fresh start can make a big difference in our own lives so why not him too.

I'm not desperate for his signature, but my dutch buddy seems to think he was very well liked at Feyenoord too so he must have some quality in the locker and perhaps we're the team to help him find it again - ala Johanson and Mitro.

toshes mate

Quote from: jayffc on January 13, 2020, 03:14:03 PM

This,
Couldn't agree more, it's rarely as simple as a blanket statement like - he don't wanna be in the champ. His current state is likely to be an accumulation of events and sounds, like many players before him, like a move might help he rediscover his form and state of mind. We all know a fresh start can make a big difference in our own lives so why not him too.

I'm not desperate for his signature, but my dutch buddy seems to think he was very well liked at Feyenoord too so he must have some quality in the locker and perhaps we're the team to help him find it again - ala Johanson and Mitro.
An upvote from me, too.

Carborundum

Like the sound of Kongolo.   Rather than drawing a parallel with players disgruntled with the Championship or seeking a less physical league, I'd reflect back on Sascha Reither, a defender we signed who had been good enough to play for a great national team and who took to the Cottage like a duck to water.  This fellow is younger and if he's up for playing over here, could be a considerable asset.

Not my money though.

FFC1987

Regarding Che Adams rumour, I can't see him leaving Saints, he's started in some games and done well recently, Chelsea I think it was and has been a sub in almost every game since. I'd be surprised to see him leave unless two bodies come in for them.

love4ffc

Have not gone back through to see if this had been mentioned.  If so sorry. 

FootMercato report Lyon have made two formal offers for Seri. The first one was worth €11m, and the second came in a little higher at €12m. Both those approaches have been rejected by Fulham.

The Championship side are looking for €18m, which is said to be the clause Gala hold to make the move permanent. Should Lyon and Fulham reach a deal, and presumably Gala fail to match it, then the loan will be cut short.
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

YankeeJim

Perhaps I'm a bit over expectant. If, in fact, he has opted out of playing his best because his teams sucks, than I'd say he's a quitter and I don't want any such person near our side. He is a professional and at this point his goal should be to make people say that Huddersfield sucks, except for their keeper.
The best players are self driven.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Sting of the North

Quote from: toshes mate on January 13, 2020, 03:36:03 PM
Quote from: jayffc on January 13, 2020, 03:14:03 PM

This,
Couldn't agree more, it's rarely as simple as a blanket statement like - he don't wanna be in the champ. His current state is likely to be an accumulation of events and sounds, like many players before him, like a move might help he rediscover his form and state of mind. We all know a fresh start can make a big difference in our own lives so why not him too.

An upvote from me, too.

:plus one:

Mince n Tatties

Andyb

Mince n Tatties

Dwight Gayle being touted again,Newcastle offering free loan to Championship sides WBA,Forest,Fulham,on the deal that 20 million paid if promoted.
Didn't he do his hamstring in on Saturday?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 14, 2020, 06:46:27 AM
Dwight Gayle being touted again,Newcastle offering free loan to Championship sides WBA,Forest,Fulham,on the deal that 20 million paid if promoted.

I think Wigan should offer to take Dwight Gayle for free wages and agree to £100m transfer fee if promoted to the premier league this season, which five times what Newcastle is asking.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 14, 2020, 07:51:08 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on January 14, 2020, 06:46:27 AM

I think Wigan should offer to take Dwight Gayle for free wages and agree to £100m transfer fee if promoted to the premier league this season, which five times what Newcastle is asking.

Or Leeds, everyone knows that they somehow will mess up their promotion AGAIN... cant stand the pressure  064.gif