watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bracken White

Not being finicky but believe that Bissouma is from the Ivory Coast - not Mali!
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Bracken White on January 21, 2020, 02:27:23 PM

No he isn't, he's Malian.

Tabby

He was born in the Ivory Coast but raised in Mali and plays for the Malian national team.

Deeping_white

Born there but plays for Mali, has 16 appearances and an AFCON runners up medal for them!

sarnian

Does this swap show we are looking towards lowering the age of the squad. Kongolo is younger than Ream and Odoi etc . Are we already planning for next season.

twang

Would be a really weird move by Brighton if it's a straight swap as they paid £15m for Bissouma a year ago, and like us with Anguissa they could probably recoup that if they were to sell him. Johansen might go for a third of that, max?

That being said I'm not so sure I would take the deal as Stef is proven here and could still be a huge player in our promotion hunt, while Bissouma would be more of a wild card.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: twang on January 21, 2020, 03:38:51 PM
Would be a really weird move by Brighton if it's a straight swap as they paid £15m for Bissouma a year ago, and like us with Anguissa they could probably recoup that if they were to sell him. Johansen might go for a third of that, max?

That being said I'm not so sure I would take the deal as Stef is proven here and could still be a huge player in our promotion hunt, while Bissouma would be more of a wild card.

Agree with both of these points entirely. Would seem a strange move from them with regards to value. The ideal scenario would be to do it at the end of the season so we can keep SJ here for the push! I think he's been great in recent weeks. I'd be reluctant to upset the applecart with too many changes tbh. On the pitch and in the dressing room.

That said, a straight swap is, from a money point of view, potentially a good deal...

@jolslover

Interesting, if true seems a stupid move from Brighton as I would say Bissouma is worth much more than Johansen.

I would say accept but takes time for player to settle etc so im not sure.. thanks for posting
STH H3

St. Andrews White

Would be shocked with the Bissouma deal, are we talking about a loan swap or perm? On a perm it's an absolute no brainer for me, like StefJo but B's ceiling is considerably higher, sell-on value etc.

Loan swap, nah I'd stick with Stef as he's getting into decent form

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

St. Andrews White

Also appreciate the inside info LVBPT, despite the flack you came through!

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: St. Andrews White on January 21, 2020, 10:15:24 PM

+ 1

fulhamben

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 21, 2020, 10:20:47 PM

+2 I got lambasted every time I used to post stuff when rigg was still here. It amazes me why anybody goes through the hassle of posting insider knowledge

+ 1
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LVBPTS

Quote from: fulhamben on January 21, 2020, 11:09:19 PM

+2 I got lambasted every time I used to post stuff when rigg was still here. It amazes me why anybody goes through the hassle of posting insider knowledge

+ 1

thanks guys. ive got thick skin so if people want to have a pop, trust me, theres nothing i havent been called over my football days that would have me bothered by a couple of people that dont take my word. its their perogative as effectively, i am a stranger so there is no real need to believe what i say. same as those that choose to trust me.

all i can say is that i have never made anything up. sometimes, what i post, may not come to fruition but thats the business were in

it all leads to a healthy messageboard and discussion so its all good
Supporter since 2000

Moltobueno

Bissouma swap would be a shocker. As much as I've seen him play this season, he has been really good IMO...

Wasn't included for their last night match either.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: LVBPT on January 21, 2020, 11:28:30 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 21, 2020, 09:51:34 AM
So sky are saying we have had a loan offer for Ben Gibson rejected bu burnley. He's a left sided center back. That would have been him ream, mawson and Kongolo all vying for that one spot. Seems like a little over kill to me

completely fabricated story...never been in for him althought there is a possibility of a straight swap deal on offer from Brighton for a midfielder of ours

If this is Bissouma for Johansen, we'd be mad not to try and get this done.

Deeping_white

Quote from: LVBPT on January 22, 2020, 09:57:45 AM

+ 1

thanks guys. ive got thick skin so if people want to have a pop, trust me, theres nothing i havent been called over my football days that would have me bothered by a couple of people that dont take my word. its their perogative as effectively, i am a stranger so there is no real need to believe what i say. same as those that choose to trust me.

all i can say is that i have never made anything up. sometimes, what i post, may not come to fruition but thats the business were in

Did your source say how likely the StefJo/Bissouma swap was to happen? Cheers for the snippets you provide as well!

LVBPTS

Quote from: Deeping_white on January 22, 2020, 11:37:44 AM

+ 1

Did your source say how likely the StefJo/Bissouma swap was to happen? Cheers for the snippets you provide as well!

not exactly but the wording that was used was interesting. they said "Brighton have offered a swap. Bissouma for Johansen"
reading between the lines, and i could be wrong, it would indicate that its up to us to accept
Supporter since 2000

RP24

Quote from: LVBPT on January 22, 2020, 01:42:18 PM

+ 1

not exactly but the wording that was used was interesting. they said "Brighton have offered a swap. Bissouma for Johansen"
reading between the lines, and i could be wrong, it would indicate that its up to us to accept

Thanks for the inside info, Do you know if it would be a loan swap or a perm swap?

LVBPTS

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on January 22, 2020, 01:56:49 PM
Quote from: LVBPT on January 22, 2020, 01:42:18 PM

+ 1

Thanks for the inside info, Do you know if it would be a loan swap or a perm swap?

i have to be honest, no i dont at the moment
Supporter since 2000

LVBPTS

Cody Drameh likely to be loaned to League 1...possibly STFC
Supporter since 2000