Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: LVBPT on January 29, 2020, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: sarnian on January 29, 2020, 04:43:40 PM
LVBPT any update on rumours. Seems very quiet at the moment

i do have a few bits of information around the current squad and incoming deals but i cant say names at the moment. i know that sounds like BS but i have been asked not to mention a couple of bits.
there was one deal that is now dead for someone from Holland yesterday. flight from NL to Farnborough was booked by FFC but there was a change in circumstance so its on the backburner for now.
there is also a real strange one were looking at, a forward, that when i heard, i instantly didnt want. it will be a strange one if it happens.

the only name i will confirm is the Christie rumour has a lot of substance to it...its not a made up story. they legitimately have enquired for him but there are 2 transfers that need to happen before for it to come off....another strange one to say the least

like i said before in other posts, i cant reveal all i know for obvious reasons so dont all jump on me for being vague....and feel free not to take my word on any of it

Thanks for the info just on that player from holland can you give his postion is he full back or striker

filham

Too late now to sign the striker we need for the Huddersfield match and hopefully in ten days time either Kamara or Mitro will be ready for an appearance against Blackburn.

No point therefore in wasting time and money in one of our deadline bargain basement signings.

sarnian

Quote from: filham on January 29, 2020, 05:46:30 PM
Too late now to sign the striker we need for the Huddersfield match and hopefully in ten days time either Kamara or Mitro will be ready for an appearance against Blackburn.

No point therefore in wasting time and money in one of our deadline bargain basement signings.

Your assuming that they both stay fit.  Jota being linked by the Mail seems strange. Don't know if that is the forward LVBPT was referring to

filham

Quote from: sarnian on January 29, 2020, 06:04:35 PM

Your assuming that they both stay fit.  Jota being linked by the Mail seems strange. Don't know if that is the forward LVBPT was referring to

16 Championship games left after Huddersfield, we will be very unfortunate for both Kamara and Mitro to get injured again at the same time . More likely that any new player will be injury prone and will be out for a month or two soon after signing.

Bracken White

LVBPT - This is what this thread is all about & appreciate your candour. Pleased to hear that the wheels are in motion - should be an interesting couple of days.
I, too, like the sound of Jota - real quality.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

@jolslover

Would love Jota - must have the best attack the Champs ever seen now surely (on paper with everyone fit)
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: Bracken White on January 29, 2020, 06:19:08 PM
LVBPT - This is what this thread is all about & appreciate your candour. Pleased to hear that the wheels are in motion - should be an interesting couple of days.
I, too, like the sound of Jota - real quality.
where is the jota rumour coming from, he said it was a striker he didn't want so doubt it's jota
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jims Dentist

Have heard various sums mentioned for the Cav permanent transfer.
Some could be the initial fee others  could include future add ons.
Although, very alarmingly on Sky they have listed the fee as £15m.
Surely even we could not be so crazy as to agree that.

fulhamben

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 29, 2020, 07:44:28 PM
and yet we would all demand 40 mil plus for a 10 goal a season (in prem) mitro. He's a decent player who is young enough for a resale value so even if it were 15, it would still be a good signing imo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

Quote from: fulhamben on January 29, 2020, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 29, 2020, 07:44:28 PM
and yet we would all demand 40 mil plus for a 10 goal a season (in prem) mitro. He's a decent player who is young enough for a resale value so even if it were 15, it would still be a good signing imo

Agree
STH H3

Statto

£15m is about right for Cavaleiro IMO

He's at that level where he can either be an outstanding Championship players or step up and do a decent job for a bottom half PL team

No, it's not a bargain but certainly not a rip off either

Jims Dentist

Would likely be a loan (Villa now have a big squad).
Not sure how much he would add.
If played like Knocky as a right inverted winger the opposition would likely close down his left foot the same.

colinwhite

Would be great . Not just a wide man can play centrally too and compete with TC

Porthogs FC

Don't know if that's to compete with TC, or get rid of TC... it is a rumors thread after all, can't I make one up?

Woolly Mammoth

If TC is carrying an injury that needs surgery. Then maybe Jota is needed for cover.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

TXWhite

LVBPT - is one of the names Rudy Gestede? Saw it knocking about elsewhere. Understand if you cannot divulge more. Appreciate your info!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Jims Dentist on January 29, 2020, 07:58:59 PM

Would likely be a loan (Villa now have a big squad).
Not sure how much he would add.
If played like Knocky as a right inverted winger the opposition would likely close down his left foot the same.

Knockaert has good statistics for about 65 mins and then starts to dip, so we need a right winger coming off the bench. Kamara can do that job, but he needs to focus 100% on being our backup centre forward and resting Mitrovic as early in each match as possible. Kebano can do that job but is carrying injuries, Bobby Reid can also do that job but is needed in midfield with injuries there too.

Jota as backup RW will directly strengthen the availability of backups for RW and indirectly strengthen the availability of backups for CF, LW and AM, which may indirectly indirectly improve backups for LB, DM and CM too. A better right-winger than Torres like Jota would strengthen the squad considerably. Adding Jota means we would have two players in each position and with 21 players worth more than Harrison Reed no other club has such depth.

Mince n Tatties

LVBPTS

Quote from: TXWhite on January 30, 2020, 02:31:24 AM
LVBPT - is one of the names Rudy Gestede? Saw it knocking about elsewhere. Understand if you cannot divulge more. Appreciate your info!

no
Supporter since 2000

LVBPTS

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on January 29, 2020, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: LVBPT on January 29, 2020, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: sarnian on January 29, 2020, 04:43:40 PM
LVBPT any update on rumours. Seems very quiet at the moment

i do have a few bits of information around the current squad and incoming deals but i cant say names at the moment. i know that sounds like BS but i have been asked not to mention a couple of bits.
there was one deal that is now dead for someone from Holland yesterday. flight from NL to Farnborough was booked by FFC but there was a change in circumstance so its on the backburner for now.
there is also a real strange one were looking at, a forward, that when i heard, i instantly didnt want. it will be a strange one if it happens.

the only name i will confirm is the Christie rumour has a lot of substance to it...its not a made up story. they legitimately have enquired for him but there are 2 transfers that need to happen before for it to come off....another strange one to say the least

like i said before in other posts, i cant reveal all i know for obvious reasons so dont all jump on me for being vague....and feel free not to take my word on any of it

Thanks for the info just on that player from holland can you give his postion is he full back or striker

Attacking central midfielder
Supporter since 2000