watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cavaleiro and Knockaert

Started by One Martin Thomas, December 07, 2019, 03:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

You have to give credit to opposition managers. They know what our players are about and they do what they can to. stop them. Today goes down as bad luck. May be we showed them a little too much respect. The Referee had a shocker. We need VAR

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Andy S on December 07, 2019, 07:01:36 PM
You have to give credit to opposition managers. They know what our players are about and they do what they can to. stop them. Today goes down as bad luck. May be we showed them a little too much respect. The Referee had a shocker. We need VAR

Apologies for banging on about it yet again but, yes quite right Andy, the opposition coaches have sussed out that our inverted wingers are one footed and so their defenders just usher them onto their swinger and the momentum of our break always is lost.
Parker should have realised this is a continuing problem and got them to switch sides at regular periods through games.
Surely this is just common sense when something is clearly not working as it was intended to.

Riversider

They can send Knockaert back to Brighton in January for all I care to free up a loan place , Knockaert offers us nothing.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 07, 2019, 03:51:58 PM
Why don't these two play consistently well for us when I've seen them both destroy us ? We've got possibly the best two attacking wingers in the Championship & they don't rip teams apart for us 🤔

Because they're being told to stand on the sideline and when they receive the ball, they're usually 1 v 2 and have no options other than backpass, try to beat two men off the dribble and/or send a cross into the box where we usually have only one person?

Parker's tactics are abysmal. He's getting so little out of proven top talent at this level.

Facts Not Fiction

Cavaleiro is our best winger. Kamara now 2nd. Kebano 3rd. Reid 4th.

Knockaert has been so poor the last couple months, I'd happily see him return to Brighton if it means we can loan someone else in.

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 07, 2019, 11:52:05 PM

Knockaert has been so poor the last couple months, I'd happily see him return to Brighton if it means we can loan someone else in.

Broadly agree with that although a bit harsh on Bobby Reid who IMO deserves to be in the starting XI when fit, either on LW or AM

But yes, Knockaert at the moment is almost like an empty shirt, as is Onomah much of the time, and Joe Bryan whenever we're not in possession

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Statto on December 07, 2019, 11:57:17 PM

Broadly agree with that although a bit harsh on Bobby Reid who IMO deserves to be in the starting XI when fit, either on LW or AM

But yes, Knockaert at the moment is almost like an empty shirt, as is Onomah much of the time, and Joe Bryan whenever we're not in possession

I put Reid low as he isn't really a winger, just a filler.

He should be our starting attacking midfielder.

Skatzoffc

Sorry Reid below Kebano?

Ru having a laugh?
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

toshes mate

Monsieur Knockaert needs to learn not to have a tantrum every time something doesn't go as he wanted it to and concentrate on the game instead of wasting precious time over his ego.

Whitesideup

Quote from: MikeW on December 07, 2019, 05:45:16 PM
Quote from: Russianrob on December 07, 2019, 04:40:31 PM
Two bang average players.

Managers - with respect, better than ours - have sussed them which is why they are out on loan.  Occasionally brilliance I grant you, but putting in a shift? Forget it.
For me they both put in the effort. It's the formation with two ultra-wide men and a slow build up that normally means the opponents are well placed to deal with them. You nearly always see two men on them, and then we only have one man in the box. We missed Bobby Reid big time to help give them something more to aim at yesterday.

Black, White and Fred

Knockaert offers nothing currently, so ineffective its laughable. Cav is just like having an Ayite who can stay fit
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

@jolslover

Cav is much better than Ayite.

Re Knockaert some of these comments are stupid, he has not reached his full potential in a Fulham shirt yet but we need to get behind him, he was the championship POTS in the year Brighton got promoted and that was the same year he lost his father. The best player in the whole league. He is a very good player at this level (Although not shown it yet!) and I have no doubt he will start performing.
STH H3

RaySmith

Agree Jolslover:
he hasn't  quite hit his stride in a Fulham shirt yet, and  can be a frustrating player, but he has undoubted potential.

Fans should get behind him, and, indeed , all Fulham players.

FFC1987

Quote from: @jolslover on December 08, 2019, 10:36:53 PM

Re Knockaert some of these comments are stupid, he has not reached his full potential in a Fulham shirt yet but we need to get behind him, he was the championship POTS in the year Brighton got promoted and that was the same year he lost his father. The best player in the whole league. He is a very good player at this level (Although not shown it yet!) and I have no doubt he will start performing.

I don't think anyone doesn't think its capable, but that with his current form, hes not worthy of a starting place, so I don't think you can claim other posters comments are stupid when its a fact he isn't performing well or at the level we should expect from a player of the season player.

@jolslover

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 09, 2019, 10:34:59 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on December 08, 2019, 10:36:53 PM

I don't think anyone doesn't think its capable, but that with his current form, hes not worthy of a starting place, so I don't think you can claim other posters comments are stupid when its a fact he isn't performing well or at the level we should expect from a player of the season player.

I agree he is performing poorly at the moment but it is stupid (IMO) to question his ability as a footballer
STH H3

bahay18

The lad just needs a textbook knockhaert goal . Cut in from the right and slamming it in the corner . He clearly wants to be here and do well . Right now , his best bet is to probably come off the bench and win us the game and then he will be off and running. Hopefully on Tuesday or away at Brentford would be nice

Statto

Quote from: bahay18 on December 09, 2019, 07:24:30 PM
The lad just needs a textbook knockhaert goal . Cut in from the right and slamming it in the corner . He clearly wants to be here and do well . Right now , his best bet is to probably come off the bench and win us the game and then he will be off and running. Hopefully on Tuesday or away at Brentford would be nice

Not sure how that ever worked. It doesn't look at all threatening when he does it now. Just leads to a optimistic long range Schurrle-style shot going way over the bar, wasting 5 minutes of build-up play. If he wants to make himself useful he needs to be getting all the way down the line and cutting back a delicate, low pass to the penalty spot.

bahay18

The fact Parker only seems to play him on the right ,suggests  that's exactly what he is hoping he is going to Do  ?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nRQwFflvUxw

Maidstone Lee

Cav and Kamara have to be our wingers moving forward, Knockhaert has been poor. Very underwhelming.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19