Main Menu

If Onomah

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 07, 2019, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: @jolslover on December 09, 2019, 11:14:40 AM
Quote from: ..FOF.. on December 07, 2019, 11:23:13 PM
Quote from: bigalffc on December 07, 2019, 09:35:05 PM
Onomah has certainly had his chance and not taken it. Surely SP will not start with him again?

Probably not up to Parker.

Fulham have a recent history of management wanting to meddle with who will play to satisfy their AI project.

I presume the opposite and think starting Onomah is just down to Parker

That is of course the only reasonable presumption unless there's evidence pointing elsewhere. It is after all SP's job to name the team.

bahay18

i really wanted Onomah to do well (would have been great for him if he could slammed Cav's return pass against swansea into the net ) but it is a struggle to see the same as Parker does. He is a big lad so should be quite a presence but he was unable to influence the game. To be fair to him i don't think you can fault his effort and to be fair to parker he is clearly 4th choice with Reed ,Reid and Arter all injured .

Fulham 442

Quote from: bigalffc on December 07, 2019, 09:35:05 PM
Onomah has certainly had his chance and not taken it. Surely SP will not start with him again?
I agree, here's hoping but I fear not. Others have said he hasn't had enough game time to prove himself. I disagree, you only have to look at what Kebano did when he came and come to the conclusion that Onomah is simply not good enough. The Fulham first team is not a training ground.  Hope he doesn't feature tonight.

The Rational Fan

Onamah has a big future at this club, and it needs to start with playing a lot more u23s games.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on December 10, 2019, 08:02:36 AM
Onamah has a big future at this club, and it needs to start with playing a lot more u23s games.
dont think 23s will help him, he needs to go out on loan.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

KeenCottager

I don't want to write him off just yet but it's not looking great at the minute.

Maybe he is just a bit rusty but if he can turn into the next Dickson Etuhu (yackle / intercept > pass to Cairney) then I would be happy.

LittleErn

Quote from: bahay18 on December 09, 2019, 07:10:15 PM
i really wanted Onomah to do well (would have been great for him if he could slammed Cav's return pass against swansea into the net ) but it is a struggle to see the same as Parker does. He is a big lad so should be quite a presence but he was unable to influence the game. To be fair to him i don't think you can fault his effort and to be fair to parker he is clearly 4th choice with Reed ,Reid and Arter all injured .

Add to that the fact that this was the first of three games in 8 days again, and the logic for using Onomah is understandable. Why not O'reilly? Probably because Parker wants to wait for a time when we are not chasing the game to introduce him. He is still learning and doesn't need to be put into a pressure situation which has the potential to ruin his confidence and set his development back by months. However, these decisions do illustrate Parker's cautious attitude, which comes through in his tactics and game plan (note plan not plans).

Twig

Like others I'm not writing him off but I've seen nothing whatsoever to suggest he has a big future. You maintained the same about the likes of Fabri and Seri band it didn't happen.  I u derstand you refer to prior stats but I don't understand why you discount the match day evidence?

ffcne

On what basis.Certainly not on appearances this season.
Villa said no,and Sheff Wed said no.
Sorry no big future.