watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If Onomah

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 07, 2019, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Plays one more game for us out of Parker's choice and not necessity, he shows he hasn't learned or refuses to learn. AK47 and Kebano showed in less time how much more valuable they are. We win if Onomah doesn't play me thinks... oh and if the ref wasn't a cheat.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

Was impressed with Kebano when he came on. Onomah just a passenger again.

MikeW

Quote from: OhConnah on December 07, 2019, 05:08:43 PM
Plays one more game for us out of Parker's choice and not necessity, he shows he hasn't learned or refuses to learn. AK47 and Kebano showed in less time how much more valuable they are. We win if Onomah doesn't play me thinks... oh and if the ref wasn't a cheat.

From what I heard (not saw) have to agree totally.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Sting of the North

Harsh to blame this on Onomah. Where were the rest of the team then for the first 45?

Bill2

Never rated him. He looked like a lost sheep wandering around the porch not sure where he should be. Often wandering close to a Fulham player making it easy for Bristol to mark both of them with a single player. Put him in the U 23s until he understands the game better.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 05:38:02 PM
Harsh to blame this on Onomah. Where were the rest of the team then for the first 45?

Aye it's tough, and overall except for Johansson we weren't up for it, but I don't think it's a coincidence we score when AK replaces Onomah and when Kebano starts driving as defenses. We needed to take it to BC, and Onomah does not do that, whether it is lack of pace, ingenuity, or skill.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Tabby

Quote from: Sting of the North on December 07, 2019, 05:38:02 PM

The rest of the team have shown that they can play well. Onomah has been mediocre at best.

Baszab

Considering  we only had 10 men till Onomah went off we did ok

What can SP be thinking to start Onomah

Watched him carefully today and he is really really poor - way off the pace unable to defend

Mad selection today - need Reed and Reid back urgently

Twig

Onomah was incredibly poor today. He just drifted around always arriving too late to be effective. A complete passenger. Parker must never start with Him again. In fact he shouldn't even be on the bench.

It was good to see Kebano back, albeit far too late and obviously AK made a big difference.

As to the referee and the linesman who also had a good view, pathetic cowards both of them. Bottled the penalty decision, made so many mistakes and dreadfully inconsistent. Shocking.

HV71

Onomah was incredibly poor today. He just drifted around always arriving too late to be effective. A complete passenger. Parker must never start with Him again. In fact he shouldn't even be on the bench.

It was good to see Kebano back, albeit far too late and obviously AK made a big difference.

As to the referee and the linesman who also had a good view, pathetic cowards both of them. Bottled the penalty decision, made so many mistakes and dreadfully inconsistent. Shocking.

Couldn't agree more- but to add to the criticism of the officials - how on earth did they only get 5 minutes overtime? What with the goals , substitutions and 'injuries' (fake or real )  it easily added up to that - and yet no account was taken of the goalkeeper's antics and wasting time ! I had the stopwatch on him and he was taking between 25 seconds and half a minute on every goal kick - shocking indeed !!

snarks

Disagree completely but he is the new scapegoat. He was ok not good, not bad, knockhart missed two he should have scored, Mitro had a slightly off day for him this season. TC wasn't as effective as the last 3 games. Bristol had 3 chances and scored two. We were unlucky and how the ref didn't give a penalty is just appalling.

However this it how it's become on here, lose and the manager or a player (currently Onomah previously Christie) is to blame.

Carborundum

Doesn't matter what I or any of us think of Josh Onomah.  It's just perfectly clear that his teammates don't want to pass him the ball in situations where something positive might happen.  For a No.10 that's a major problem. 

If TC had played that role, with KMaC holding with Steffjo we would have torn them to shreds. 

Baszab

Onomah is not the new "scapegoat"

Thats just ridiculous - he was by far the weakest player - the rest of the team do not pass to him - he made a couple of good runs and held the ball up once or twice ....er that's it

He was woefully off the pace - so playing with such a weak link as a no10 behind Mitro and pushing the 2 wingers wide - yes it makes a huge difference to the team if he's bloody useless - not a "scapegoat" but fact that he was poor - I would rather have Zambo or Seri tbh

We need midfielders to drive forward with the ball to make space for Mitro - like SJ did - but need more of that

btw - If we defend like that at Brentford we will get hammered - I went to the 7-0 game last week and they have some serious forwards...Benrama and Watkins can be lethal

Robbie

The whole team were weak in the first 45.
BC read us well and fought for every ball.

As usual with BC, we performed like they were a small town team that could not possibly beat us.

bobby01

This scapegoat theory is just not correct. As a supporter I do my best to give encouragement to our players, it does not however mean they cannot be open to criticism. I was one of the few who wholeheartedly supported Odoi, when he was criticised on here, and Betts whilst at the same time recognising their weaknesses. In Onomah I have seen nothing that suggests he should be on the bench let alone starting, I still cannot work out what his position is as he has played as a No10 and a DM. He is definitely not a 10 in my opinion.
I am not making him a scapegoat I have just seen absolutely nothing from him that suggests he should be anywhere near the first team. This is an opinion formed on what I have seen irrespective of results.
And as others have said it was noticeable today that his teammates would rather not pass to him, that is a major concern in my opinion.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Southcoastffc

We did not lose because of Josh Onomah, but he was not worth his place today. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

millsy

As I said on a post last week, we badly need Reed or Arter back. As soon as I saw Onomah on the sheet today, I sensed we would struggle, as BC always compete and push hard all around the pitch and sadly we would effectively be a man short.

If you watch him, he ambles around, never finding space or making an angle for the man in possession. He is slow and looks lazy. Offers nothing going forward and little in the challenges for 50:50s

For Scott and his team not to recognise this and leave the change up until too late, is unforgivable in my book.stubborness is not a good trait when you're wrong.

bigalffc

Onomah has certainly had his chance and not taken it. Surely SP will not start with him again?
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

snarks

For those saying he is not the new scapegoat, he clearly is you only have to look at the number of threads directed against him personally to see it.

That's not to say I'm a fan of his but the level of stick he gets is entirely disproportionate.

SP