News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goal of the decade on the offal, what's yours?

Started by South Coast White, December 13, 2019, 09:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

South Coast White

Facts Not Fiction

Gera vs. Hamburg, Dempsey vs. Juve, Odoi vs. Derby, Murphy vs. Portsmouth

Milo

JEEVES

Best fulham goal I've ever seen is Kasami vs crystal palace and it will take some beating

Fernhurst

There is only one contender IMHO. Dempsey v Juve
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

F(f)CUK

Kasami was clearly the best for quality, others may be better for importance.

YankeeJim

Kamara vs Citi in the great escape. That thru ball from Danny was sublime. Yea I know it was 11 years but without it there wouldn't have been:

Dempsey vs Juve. Just the sheer audacity of it.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

JEEVES

As amazing as that goal was and how powerful the stadium was when it erupted I'm 50/50 as to whether it was a cross or a shot.

If we're to put the event, the timing, the tournament, the meaning and everything else behind the goal aside and just judge the best goal you've ever seen a fulham player score I don't think anything compares to that Kasami goal. The craziest thing is it didn't even win goal of the month because of that Jack wilshere goal for arsenal, oh and the fact that we're Fulham.

Twig

Dempsey v Juve has to be up there.  Davies' equaliser Vs Atletico was one of the most emotional goals ever for me (and a sweet strike). Gera v Hamburg absolutely. Kamara's brace against Man City for the drama.

Dr Know

Quote from: JEEVES on December 14, 2019, 01:59:17 AM
As amazing as that goal was and how powerful the stadium was when it erupted I'm 50/50 as to whether it was a cross or a shot.

If we're to put the event, the timing, the tournament, the meaning and everything else behind the goal aside and just judge the best goal you've ever seen a fulham player score I don't think anything compares to that Kasami goal. The craziest thing is it didn't even win goal of the month because of that Jack wilshere goal for arsenal, oh and the fact that we're Fulham.
Agree with you Jeeves , I also thought Dempseys "goal" was a mis hit cross .

toshes mate

Has the decade finished already then or don't the next few games count? 

RaySmith

Kamara v City  as the start of Great Escape for me, even it it's not strictly this decade, so important and such  an astonishing turn around in that game, when we were relegated at half-time, and i was there.

Cairney at Wembley - another pricelessly important, and brilliant, goal, and i was there too.

The others goals mentioned were all very important, and fantastic goals, too.

Southcoastffc

For technique and spectacle, has to be Kasami v Palace.  For emotion, Murphy v Portsmouth.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

SuffolkWhite

I cant remember who it was against in the Europa but Zamora smashed a cracker. Wasn't Shakta was it  :023:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Milo

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 14, 2019, 10:01:47 AM
I cant remember who it was against in the Europa but Zamora smashed a cracker. Wasn't Shakta was it  :023:

Yup - was at the Hammersmith End - remember it well.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: F(f)CUK on December 13, 2019, 11:33:30 PM
Kasami was clearly the best for quality, others may be better for importance.

This one followed by Dembele v Spurs in cup

I Ronic

All the goals mentioned are worthy winners. I did think of the Kasami goal As soon as I read the title but as mentioned those listed are all special for different reasons. Never felt or seen the reaction at the Cottage the Dempsey goal received.
All memorable :)

The Rock

I guess it's over a decade ago, but the 40 yard screamer from Papa bouba Diop against Utd could be goal of the century.

For your viewing pleasure:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcf3dENpVBw

filham

Dempsey V Juventus. The goal and the match was the best since the 4-5 cup defeat against Newcastle and Tosh's hat trick all those years ago.

Jamie88

Quote from: The Rock on December 14, 2019, 11:54:00 AM
I guess it's over a decade ago, but the 40 yard screamer from Papa bouba Diop against Utd could be goal of the century.

For your viewing pleasure:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hcf3dENpVBw

It was an absolute belter - though I think calling it a 40-yarder is pushing it a bit!