Previous topic - Next topic

Parker out?

Parker Out!
97 (56.7%)
Give him more time
74 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 171

colinwhite

My comment on your post should have read:  "cant argue with nuch of  that Chesh .refreshing to find someone being constructive in this situation and not just bleating "Parker out " as the solution to all our problems. If we do change manager we cant do a Jocanovic to Ranieri type of change,as the latter was always doomed to failure with his footballing philosophy and the group of players which he inherited diametrically unsuited to his tactics and approach.
Couldnt seem to change the text and the repetitive reply bit kept coming in from nowhere.

Southdowns White

My real Problem with Parker is, our system reflects the pace and passing of Parker in his last couple of years as a player.  Can people not remember him making pass after pass and the ball not really moving anywhere, his stats were amazing but what did we get as an end product, Very similar football to what we have this season. That is my personal opinion, I have no dislike of Parker or any of our players but find generally our system and players very weak if they are pressed by the opposition, Maybe that is why he persists with Onomah, he is a big unit. With the exception of Onomah he appears to be going for the safety option through experience when picking the team.
I have no doubt things will change sooner rather than later, in fact I am pretty sure options are being discussed right now in anticipation of more bad results before the Transfer window opens in a few weeks time, of course i'm not talking about new players before the transfer window opens, just the management team.

toshes mate

Quote from: colinwhite on December 16, 2019, 11:06:26 AM
My comment on your post should have read:  "cant argue with nuch of  that Chesh .refreshing to find someone being constructive in this situation and not just bleating "Parker out " as the solution to all our problems. If we do change manager we cant do a Jocanovic to Ranieri type of change,as the latter was always making repetitive replies that aren't funny!  to failure with his footballing philosophy and the group of players which he inherited diametrically unsuited to his tactics and approach.
Couldnt seem to change the text and the repetitive reply bit kept coming in from nowhere.
It has happened to me too.  It seems CR must be an avid reader of this forum ...

Nero

think what Scott needs to remember is "Its not about the long ball or the short ball, its about the right ball."

sumofallparts

My two-pennorth. Never liked Parker. As a coach, as a player; as a person he is monotone and lacks any charisma.
His starting 11 is often hard to fathom, tactically naive, questionable formations, poor substitutions, no fire or passion. He stands there with his hands in his pocket hoping...
He has hawked himself around nearly every London club as a player; Charlton, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and finally, us. Like a farewell tour, we were silly enough to get him at the end of his career, and then, get him back at the start of his managerial one.
He did his primary coaching at Spurs, is that not a big enough hint? The only reason he is with us as Manager (or Head Coach if you like) is because Spurs and none of the other London clubs he has been with offered him the top job!! We did.

He is not a long loyal servant of Fulham. He took his pension with us and then got an apprentiship here too! Double whammy.
He needs to go - ASAP - or I will re-post this in 8 weeks time with my head in my hands. Just to say, these people are available; all of whom would be better. (realistic targets)
Sam Allardyce
Javi Gracia / Quique Sanches Flores (these might be the same person!)
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

Ideally we need an experienced Manager - defence first - then build and attack. Team spirit - fight with every fibre, every week. Someone to fire the troops - scare the hell out of them - but get them organised and bring back some pride playing for the shirt.

Anyway, i'll end with a final thought - of course I'd rather the team was winning - with Parker - I hate change, but I can't see this panning out well. For me its Big Sam or David Moyes. EXPERIENCE ! As ever, if you don't agree with me, keep it polite, we are all fans and even if we disagree, we need to keep it polite. COYW ! (and yes, been a fan a long time, STH, etc!)

hovewhite

Quote from: sumofallparts on December 16, 2019, 02:27:57 PM
My two-pennorth. Never liked Parker. As a coach, as a player; as a person he is monotone and lacks any charisma.
His starting 11 is often hard to fathom, tactically naive, questionable formations, poor substitutions, no fire or passion. He stands there with his hands in his pocket hoping...
He has hawked himself around nearly every London club as a player; Charlton, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and finally, us. Like a farewell tour, we were silly enough to get him at the end of his career, and then, get him back at the start of his managerial one.
He did his primary coaching at Spurs, is that not a big enough hint? The only reason he is with us as Manager (or Head Coach if you like) is because Spurs and none of the other London clubs he has been with offered him the top job!! We did.

He is not a long loyal servant of Fulham. He took his pension with us and then got an apprentiship here too! Double whammy.
He needs to go - ASAP - or I will re-post this in 8 weeks time with my head in my hands. Just to say, these people are available; all of whom would be better. (realistic targets)
Sam Allardyce
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

Ideally we need an experienced Manager - defence first - then build and attack. Team spirit - fight with every fibre, every week. Someone to fire the troops - scare the hell out of them - but get them organised and bring back some pride playing for the shirt.

Anyway, i'll end with a final thought - of course I'd rather the team was winning - with Parker - I hate change, but I can't see this panning out well. For me its Big Sam or David Moyes. EXPERIENCE ! As ever, if you don't agree with me, keep it polite, we are all fans and even if we disagree, we need to keep it polite. COYW ! (and yes, been a fan a long time, STH, etc!)

Pardew for me for if we couldn't get Lee Johnson

spikey norman

Quote from: hovewhite on December 16, 2019, 03:02:02 PM

Sam Allardyce
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

Pardew for me for if we couldn't get Lee Johnson
Let's get Ray Llewingron back

RaySmith

Sam Allardyce
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

You say keep it polite, but your post is full of personal abuse of a Fulham ex-player now manager, that goes beyond discussion of whatever  professional failings Parker might have.

This toxic, hysterical  atmosphere, and  obsession with success, with no room for any kind of failure, that has infected football, will drive away decent fans.

Since I've been supporting Fulham, since the early 60s, we haven't actually had that much success, and i suppose that if that is what i craved, i would have gone and watched another London tam.

Though, before anyone jumps down my throat, i do want Fulham to do well, always want to see them win, but they are my team and i support them and  through thick and thin.
Yes, criticise players and manager, of course, we all do that, but thee days it's well over the top, as if nothing and noone is ever good enough.

Matt10

Quote from: toshes mate on December 16, 2019, 08:51:15 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 16, 2019, 04:02:48 AM
I found [the interview with Jamie Read] honest and sincere. He didn't hide behind any common sayings, he gave it how it is and spoke with passion. Noone can deny just how fickle supporters are to players and managers. Those players and managers are just temporary and the question for them is always "What have you done for me lately?". I'm glad Parker stated the obvious. He knows the environment he's in, the players know what environment they are in. It's now about what they're going to do to respond, and no amount of temporary acceptance is going to sway them. As he said, they can choose to hide and play the blame game, or they can choose to fight and show their character. For me, that works, but the question is how will he be able to get it to an actionable, matchday result. Looking forward to it as always.
What has 'knowing the environment' got to do with anything?  No one coerced these people into some awful exposed position and environment - they freely chose it and get well paid by any account.  Why should anyone in entertainment find fault with their paying audience since they offer a product for sale and should expect to be criticised by those who feel they have been sold short?  The only team I have seen Parker field that has shown real flair as compared to anything marginally better than a fairly mediocre football standard was against Millwall.  Even then I felt our opponents had opportunities to change the game and the result before our players put of a fluid and dynamic show which was probably absolutely nothing to do with Parker's training methods.  I have remained patient with Parker but I do not like hearing any manager/coach/owner abusing supporters by dismissing them when the chips are down.  His character, IMO, is highly suspect and I expected better.  Let's just see the response against Leeds, and, in the meantime tarry with the question 'why didn't it happen against Brentford then?' a point high up on Parker's list in his pre-match hyperbole.  I am angry that Parker dared to be so two faced in a shielded interview by someone who doesn't have a reputation for asking awkward questions.   Parker was openly disingenuous.

Knowing the environment has everything to do with it. It's basically saying what doesn't really need to be said.

Booing Parker and the players? Great, no surprise there > Environment.
Saying Parker Out? Imagine that, couldn't have thought of anything else to wipe away all our problems > Environment.
Having to deal with failure and adversity > Environment.

The environment he's addressing isn't for us as the fans. It's about the players. Sorry to say, but fans are not a priority when it comes to figuring out these issues. His comments were very much in-line with prioritizing his players, and not just trying to make the fans happy. Ever work in customer service? The customer is always right, and in this environment it's not different, the customer (the fans) are always right in their own way, and there is no need for Parker, or the players, to provide answers that we already don't want to hear in the first place. What's the point?

His comments were direct, passionate and logical. If you've seen his previous interviews, this one was far from that level of calmness and matter-of-fact approach. I appreciated it, and I'm sure his players did too. At the end of the day, his players are all that matters - and our satisfaction to how he handles himself in interviews has little impact to how they are going to perform the rest of the season.

Whitesideup

Sam Allardyce
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

Not many on that list I would be interested in. And some I would absolutely hate, Pulis and his dinosaur football especially. Pardew? nice guy but like many of the others, past his sell-by date.

Twig

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about the suitability of; our Manager, each player, our DoF, CEO and everyone else involved in the club. We are supporters and are bound to have views, often passionately held. That's fine.

However, in my opinion, it's definitely not fine to personalise things and be critical, disparaging, rude and even abusive about the person as an individual.  We don't know them and are not in a position to leap to judgement about their character, motives, values etc. We should keep it objective, anything else is cheap.

Twig

Sam Allardyce
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

Frankly when I saw your list you lost me. Sorry but I just couldn't ascribe any credibility to a list that had no consistency (of style or philosophy), included dinosaurs and failed to look beyond the hackneyed obvious.  I sound harsh and don't mean to be but I would very sincerely hope that if, and it's a big if, the Board are looking to replace Parker, then they would be looking more creatively casting their net a bit wider.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on December 16, 2019, 04:10:27 PM
Quote from: toshes mate on December 16, 2019, 08:51:15 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 16, 2019, 04:02:48 AM
I found [the interview with Jamie Read] honest and sincere. He didn't hide behind any common sayings, he gave it how it is and spoke with passion. Noone can deny just how fickle supporters are to players and managers. Those players and managers are just temporary and the question for them is always "What have you done for me lately?". I'm glad Parker stated the obvious. He knows the environment he's in, the players know what environment they are in. It's now about what they're going to do to respond, and no amount of temporary acceptance is going to sway them. As he said, they can choose to hide and play the blame game, or they can choose to fight and show their character. For me, that works, but the question is how will he be able to get it to an actionable, matchday result. Looking forward to it as always.
What has 'knowing the environment' got to do with anything?  No one coerced these people into some awful exposed position and environment - they freely chose it and get well paid by any account.  Why should anyone in entertainment find fault with their paying audience since they offer a product for sale and should expect to be criticised by those who feel they have been sold short?  The only team I have seen Parker field that has shown real flair as compared to anything marginally better than a fairly mediocre football standard was against Millwall.  Even then I felt our opponents had opportunities to change the game and the result before our players put of a fluid and dynamic show which was probably absolutely nothing to do with Parker's training methods.  I have remained patient with Parker but I do not like hearing any manager/coach/owner abusing supporters by dismissing them when the chips are down.  His character, IMO, is highly suspect and I expected better.  Let's just see the response against Leeds, and, in the meantime tarry with the question 'why didn't it happen against Brentford then?' a point high up on Parker's list in his pre-match hyperbole.  I am angry that Parker dared to be so two faced in a shielded interview by someone who doesn't have a reputation for asking awkward questions.   Parker was openly disingenuous.

Knowing the environment has everything to do with it. It's basically saying what doesn't really need to be said.

Booing Parker and the players? Great, no surprise there > Environment.
Saying Parker Out? Imagine that, couldn't have thought of anything else to wipe away all our problems > Environment.
Having to deal with failure and adversity > Environment.

The environment he's addressing isn't for us as the fans. It's about the players. Sorry to say, but fans are not a priority when it comes to figuring out these issues. His comments were very much in-line with prioritizing his players, and not just trying to make the fans happy. Ever work in customer service? The customer is always right, and in this environment it's not different, the customer (the fans) are always right in their own way, and there is no need for Parker, or the players, to provide answers that we already don't want to hear in the first place. What's the point?

His comments were direct, passionate and logical. If you've seen his previous interviews, this one was far from that level of calmness and matter-of-fact approach. I appreciated it, and I'm sure his players did too. At the end of the day, his players are all that matters - and our satisfaction to how he handles himself in interviews has little impact to how they are going to perform the rest of the season.
He's recording an interview for FFCtv, FFS, not an inquisition, and FFCtv is fan based is it not?  He doesn't have to do the interview but he has chosen to because it is a chance to 'bluff' his way out of a precarious situation via a friendly face with no chance of comeback.  He may fool you, Matt10, but he doesn't fool me.   

Matt10

Sam Allardyce
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

Is "long loyal servant of Fulham" important in this list? If so, you've missed Cookie. Who is without a job.

Just saying, since we're judging Parker as a player, a supporter and a manager...

grandad

Wouldn´t touch a single one on this list. It has to be a wind up. Hilda would come before any of these.
Where there's a will there's a wife

HV71

Agree with Twig - once I saw he list - the post lost any of its credibility. The list scared me - the only missing nightmare was Colin.

Statto

Never liked Parker. As a coach, as a player; as a person he is monotone and lacks any charisma.

He needs to go - ASAP - or I will re-post this in 8 weeks time with my head in my hands.

A number of people have criticised this part of your post but I don't think anyone can reasonably disagree with any of it

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Statto on December 16, 2019, 08:12:28 PM
Never liked Parker. As a coach, as a player; as a person he is monotone and lacks any charisma.

He needs to go - ASAP - or I will re-post this in 8 weeks time with my head in my hands.

A number of people have criticised this part of your post but I don't think anyone can reasonably disagree with any of it

It's the truth. I hate that some people think that Scott Parker is Mr Fulham. He epitomised the awful mercenaries that took us down and started the decline from which we are a long way from recovering. If I never saw him associated with Fulham again it would be too soon.

The Swan

I did  not rate Parker when he took temporary charge last season in the Premier League.
Despite our recent four wins in a row these last three defeats proves that Parker has not got the knowhow to change systems when things go wrong.
The Swan

ScalleysDad

It might be quicker and possibly more accurate if you just said you didn't like Parker. Yes he did finish off his 'badges', with many plaudits, at Spurs but we offered him a job with us as a number two, ( let us wait a whole minute for the obvious comparison), which was quite sensible given the mess the back room was in at the time. Throughout the end of the Slav era and the disaster that was the Ranieri era he was the constant link with the players. We then get ourselves into as big a mess as when Kit Symons was appointed and The Club was once again broken. Khan Snr wanted stability and went for Parker stating, and I can't quote it directly, the Club felt better for the appointment. At that time and during his time at Spurs there were no jobs going at Chelski, Charlton or West Ham so its a daft argument. He was promoted from within which is what many Clubs aspire to. The list of available options is shocking and another overhaul is not going to fix things. Unless they have changed their minds didn't Cairney and Mitro support his appointment. Whats to say a new man coming in will only galvanise their respective agents throughout January. There is more wrong with this squad than just Parker as some open and frank hostilities at Brentford showed.

Sam Allardyce
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis