Parker out?

Parker Out!
97 (56.7%)
Give him more time
74 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 171

Jim©

Quote from: RaySmith on December 16, 2019, 03:20:59 PM

You say keep it polite, but your post is full of personal abuse of a Fulham ex-player now manager, that goes beyond discussion of whatever  professional failings Parker might have.

This toxic, hysterical  atmosphere, and  obsession with success, with no room for any kind of failure, that has infected football, will drive away decent fans.

Since I've been supporting Fulham, since the early 60s, we haven't actually had that much success, and i suppose that if that is what i craved, i would have gone and watched another London tam.

Though, before anyone jumps down my throat, i do want Fulham to do well, always want to see them win, but they are my team and i support them and  through thick and thin.
Yes, criticise players and manager, of course, we all do that, but thee days it's well over the top, as if nothing and noone is ever good enough.

100% agree with all you have to say.

Statto

Quote from: toshes mate on December 18, 2019, 09:43:16 AM
Parker may be a poor coach but only time can prove that, and would you really trust TK to find us a halfway decent replacement given his track record?  Now if FFC were to sign a top class DoF, could that start a proper building job by really having a finger on the pulses that matter? 

The thing is that TK, unlike Parker, has learned from his mistakes and seems to be improving. Bringing in Hector in August would probably have made us better and I'm sceptical about TK's explanation of why that wasn't possible, but that aside, he did a 9 out of 10 job this summer IMO. And by getting proven Championship quality, and options to buy in the loan deals, he avoided specific mistakes he'd made in the past. 

He clearly made a mistake hiring Parker, but having already tried both foreign (Magath) and domestic (all the others) hires, both new (Mulensteen, Symons) and experienced (Magath, Jokanovic and Ranieri) managers, giving the existing manager a chance in the new season (Jol, Symons and Magath) vs weilding the axe, and so on, I can well understand why he might now be at a loss as to which is the best approach. Promoting a young, English coach already at the club, ostensibly (albeit not in reality) in the mould of Eddie Howe, was a perfectly reasonable idea. Even now, very few on this forum seem to agree where our next appointment should come from or what type of manager they should be. 

HectorWeso

ByTheRiver

Quote from: HectorWeso on December 18, 2019, 02:13:46 PM
Phil Brown. GEDDIMIN

Despite our owners vast riches, we still couldn't afford to keep him in fake tan!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: RaySmith on December 16, 2019, 03:20:59 PM
Quote from: sumofallparts on December 16, 2019, 02:27:57 PM
My two-pennorth. Never liked Parker. As a coach, as a player; as a person he is monotone and lacks any charisma.
His starting 11 is often hard to fathom, tactically naive, questionable formations, poor substitutions, no fire or passion. He stands there with his hands in his pocket hoping...
He has hawked himself around nearly every London club as a player; Charlton, Chelsea, West Ham, Spurs and finally, us. Like a farewell tour, we were silly enough to get him at the end of his career, and then, get him back at the start of his managerial one.
He did his primary coaching at Spurs, is that not a big enough hint? The only reason he is with us as Manager (or Head Coach if you like) is because Spurs and none of the other London clubs he has been with offered him the top job!! We did.

He is not a long loyal servant of Fulham. He took his pension with us and then got an apprentiship here too! Double whammy.
He needs to go - ASAP - or I will re-post this in 8 weeks time with my head in my hands. Just to say, these people are available; all of whom would be better. (realistic targets)
Sam Allardyce
Javi Gracia / Quique Sanches Flores (these might be the same person!)
David Moyes
Chris Hughton
Alan Pardew
Alex McLeish
Martin O'Neill
Tony Pulis

Ideally we need an experienced Manager - defence first - then build and attack. Team spirit - fight with every fibre, every week. Someone to fire the troops - scare the hell out of them - but get them organised and bring back some pride playing for the shirt.

Anyway, i'll end with a final thought - of course I'd rather the team was winning - with Parker - I hate change, but I can't see this panning out well. For me its Big Sam or David Moyes. EXPERIENCE ! As ever, if you don't agree with me, keep it polite, we are all fans and even if we disagree, we need to keep it polite. COYW ! (and yes, been a fan a long time, STH, etc!)

You say keep it polite, but your post is full of personal abuse of a Fulham ex-player now manager, that goes beyond discussion of whatever  professional failings Parker might have.

This toxic, hysterical  atmosphere, and  obsession with success, with no room for any kind of failure, that has infected football, will drive away decent fans.

Since I've been supporting Fulham, since the early 60s, we haven't actually had that much success, and i suppose that if that is what i craved, i would have gone and watched another London tam.

Though, before anyone jumps down my throat, i do want Fulham to do well, always want to see them win, but they are my team and i support them and  through thick and thin.
Yes, criticise players and manager, of course, we all do that, but thee days it's well over the top, as if nothing and noone is ever good enough.

Ray Smith,
I shall not be jumping down your throat, in fact well said and I agree with you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Facts Not Fiction

Worcesterwhite

It certainly does, the bloke is useless

snarks

No it doesn't and never has

Logicalman

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Mince n Tatties

Its not Parkers fault that Bryan and Mawson are half asleep most of the time,and he doesn't at moment have anyone better to put in.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 26, 2019, 06:26:28 PM
Its not Parkers fault that Bryan and Mawson are half asleep most of the time,and he doesn't at moment have anyone better to put in.

The fact it happens most games makes it his fault.

sarnian

I imagine it Parkers fault that the ref didn't spot the handball for their second goal

colinwhite

or the push in the back for their third.

Arthur

Quote from: sarnian on December 26, 2019, 06:32:32 PM
I imagine it Parkers fault that the ref didn't spot the handball for their second goal

No, but the player was unmarked 8 yards from goal; this needn't - shouldn't, even - have been the case.

Robbie

sarnian

Quote from: Robbie on December 26, 2019, 06:50:49 PM
Not Hughton !

It will not be anybody. We have a manager in place who will be here at the end of the season. Get used to it.

Moltobueno

Some people should wait a couple hours or days before posting after an unsatisfied result. Writing all stuff that comes to your mind based on just emotions isn't taken seriously.

Woolly Mammoth

Replacing Scott Parker will not increase our chances of staying in top 6, it may even be detrimental. I am just pleased we are currently in joint fourth.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 27, 2019, 12:11:19 AM
Replacing Scott Parker will not increase our chances of staying in top 6, it may even be detrimental. I am just pleased we are currently in joint fourth.

Will not is a strong statement.

Parker is drastically underperforming with the squad at his disposal.