more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Easy To Blame It On Parker.....But

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 14, 2019, 05:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I've seen certain players in the last few games,that
are just going through the motions knowing they are picking up a good wage.
Them certain players don't have too much passion for the shirt,and to give blood for the cause.
Dreadful performance by some today,and if it wasn't for our keeper and the woodwork 5-0 could have been score......Gutless performance, especially it being a local derby.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 14, 2019, 05:30:42 PM
Them certain players don't have too much passion for the shirt,and to give blood for the cause.
Dreadful performance by some today,and if it wasn't for our keeper and the woodwork 5-0 could have been score......Gutless performance, especially it being a local derby.
How many can you lock up in your shed and throw away the key? If less than 5, please message me your bank details and I will do a transfer so that you can buy a bigger shed!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

@jolslover

It is up to the manager to get the players motivated though
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on December 14, 2019, 05:38:13 PM

Really....If they really cared about the club,they don't need to be motivated by anyone else.

Penfold

Either the players aren't good enough or the coach is not up to it.

Looking forward to Christmas and having some food etc.

john dempsey

davew

Quote from: Penfold on December 14, 2019, 05:42:56 PM
Either the players aren't good enough or the coach is not up to it.

Looking forward to Christmas and having some food etc.
Or maybe even both, which would be my assessment.

ScalleysDad

I still like the 'all fur coats, no knickers' line for the prima donna Championship players. I mentioned on the matchday thread that the first mention of Cairney was on fifty minutes which is brilliant when compared to Cav who I assumed was'nt playing. You are right of course but the board will, even now, be split over the expensively assembled squad being poorly led to a potential leader having to make do with legends in their own bath time who could quite easily up sticks and go in January. I repeat what I said earlier..... what a mess we are in.

@jolslover

Quote from: ScalleysDad on December 14, 2019, 05:44:26 PM

I still like the 'all fur coats, no knickers' line for the prima donna Championship players. I mentioned on the matchday thread that the first mention of Cairney was on fifty minutes which is brilliant when compared to Cav who I assumed was'nt playing. You are right of course but the board will, even now, be split over the expensively assembled squad being poorly led to a potential leader having to make do with legends in their own bath time who could quite easily up sticks and go in January. I repeat what I said earlier..... what a mess we are in.

I don't understand - would you rather us be in the same position with players that couldn't leave in January? With players that nobody wants?
No - we are not in a terrible position and I still suspect we will finish in the play offs. If you consider that to be a terrible position then fair enough.
STH H3

ScalleysDad

Quote from: @jolslover on December 14, 2019, 05:38:13 PM

In part but motivation, application and attitude is not on the UEFA licence. It cannot be poured, sliced or rubbed in and has to come from the players. Tactics might be called into question but a 'can't be ar#ed attitude is not worked on at MP. As Mince says some of this squad need to go elsewhere.

Milo

I thought Parker was THE man to motivate. Or is it.. he's one of the lads and doesn't want to crack the whip.

RaySmith

Presumably he is very motivated to be successful as a manager with Fulham - how many chances do you get when starting out? He must know he has to prove himself, and that , as a recent ex-player, people might accuse him of being too matey.

I'm not saying he doesn't have faults, or possess the right attributes for a manager  at tis level, but  has he had enough of a chance to tell?
Well, he'll be out of  he isn't successful,  that's for sure.

filham

Once again our summer signings have proved not to be as good as we all believed they would be.
In particular Knock and Cavy arrived with a good reputations but have done little to bother opposing defences.
A few more defeats and a top six finish will be out of sight and mid table mediocrity will be our goal for this season. At that point Parker should abandon his expensive underperforming players and introduce some of our youngsters.

Matt10

It was nice to see that we can do pretty well with the same tactics used against us, which is hoof the ball down the sides or through the center, and let the possession start in more advanced positions. I'm not frustrated with Parker, but the simple defensive errors that make hoof-ball look like a tactic. It's not getting us anywhere positive, but at least we play a different game than 80% of the teams in the league. Sadly though, I feel it's time that Parker give into that style of play just a bit more to free up the players.

davew

Quote from: Matt10 on December 14, 2019, 06:58:36 PM
It was nice to see that we can do pretty well with the same tactics used against us, which is hoof the ball down the sides or through the center, and let the possession start in more advanced positions. I'm not frustrated with Parker, but the simple defensive errors that make hoof-ball look like a tactic. It's not getting us anywhere positive, but at least we play a different game than 80% of the teams in the league. Sadly though, I feel it's time that Parker give into that style of play just a bit more to free up the players.
And soon maybe Matt, 80% of the teams might be above us if we don´t start performing!

Luka

If the players really don't believe in his system and style he will loose the dressing room. Maybe the rot has already set in and some no longer play for him.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Luka on December 14, 2019, 07:04:49 PM
If the players really don't believe in his system and style he will loose the dressing room. Maybe the rot has already set in and some no longer play for him.

It would be a huge U turn and quite a quick turnaround as last season he was seen as the small chink of sanity amongst all the carnage. He talked to the players on the pitch, consoled and congratulated in equal measure and on his appointment the word from the dressing room was very positive.

I wonder if there is a similar issue to last season when a couple of groups developed within the squad. When AK scored his brace it did not seem like it but something is missing at the moment.

Skatzoffc

I agree with your points MJG.

But I believe this is because he has lost the dressing room.

If he can't motivate this group of players when chasing promotion there is something seriously wrong.

Imo, it's wrong with him.
Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

spikey norman

Quote from: filham on December 14, 2019, 06:50:24 PM
Once again our summer signings have proved not to be as good as we all believed they would be.
In particular Knock and Cavy arrived with a good reputations but have done little to bother opposing defences.
A few more defeats and a top six finish will be out of sight and mid table mediocrity will be our goal for this season. At that point Parker should abandon his expensive underperforming players and introduce some of our youngsters.
Under Hughton Knockhaert and Cav under Nuno Espirito Santo performed to a very good level.
Many Brighton and Wolves fans were disappointed that their player went to us on loan.
Is it a coincidence that both players are as a number of others underperforming with Parker as their coach?

bobbo

Quote from: spikey norman on December 14, 2019, 08:06:09 PM
Quote from: filham on December 14, 2019, 06:50:24 PM
Under Hughton Knockhaert and Cav under Nuno Espirito Santo performed to a very good level.
Many Brighton and Wolves fans were disappointed that their player went to us on loan.
Is it a coincidence that both players are as a number of others underperforming with Parker as their coach?
i actually thought knockheart di well when he came on, ok he didn't achieved too much but he running at and terrorising their defence a fair bit.
1975 just leaving home full of hope