more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Onomah to start against Leeds ?

Started by Whitesideup, December 15, 2019, 01:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

Quote from: mlangstrom on December 16, 2019, 01:57:38 PM
Slightly off topic but could Seri play in front of Cairney and Johansen in he returns in January...
Not sure if Seri would offer any support for Mitro. Would still prefer Bobby. Much more dynamic with a real goal threat.

Seano

Quote from: Matt10 on December 15, 2019, 08:53:49 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on December 15, 2019, 06:37:47 PM
For those of you who see such improvement in him, please just look at the build up to the first goal. You have to forget about Mawson playing like my 90 year old mum. Josh was there kind of ambling around not knowing what to do watching things going on all around him. I don't think he was the worst yesterday but I saw little improvement in him, he just looked better because everyone else were diabolically bad.

All a matter of opinions I guess.

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with those who want to judge players. You judge the 1%, i.e. the goals we concede or score, occurrences instead of judging the other 99% of the match the player takes part in.

If we were to judge every player based on what they're doing when we concede or score goals, we'd be a fickle bunch.

Just give credit where it's due. He improved based on how he was originally. The 90 minutes of all the matches are on the site, and it doesn't take long to see where he's improved and what he still needs to improve upon.

Thats a major bugbear of mine too. A fault for a goal is always spoken about and regurgitated over and over again, when it is irrelevent (unless it's a very common thing of course) You have to look at the whole performance, not just what randomly preceded a goal.     

bobby01

For those of you who see such improvement in him, please just look at the build up to the first goal. You have to forget about Mawson playing like my 90 year old mum. Josh was there kind of ambling around not knowing what to do watching things going on all around him. I don't think he was the worst yesterday but I saw little improvement in him, he just looked better because everyone else were diabolically bad.

This is a perfect example of what is wrong with those who want to judge players. You judge the 1%, i.e. the goals we concede or score, occurrences instead of judging the other 99% of the match the player takes part in.

If we were to judge every player based on what they're doing when we concede or score goals, we'd be a fickle bunch.

Just give credit where it's due. He improved based on how he was originally. The 90 minutes of all the matches are on the site, and it doesn't take long to see where he's improved and what he still needs to improve upon.

No, this is a perfect example of the I am always right matt10. I was making a point in a particular situation, the topic was Onomah and his improvement.  There were so many players that should be criticised for Saturday, I have spoken many times on my perceived weakness of Mawson.
I have pointed out one situation that I thought highlights the player, if I went through all the 90 minutes it would be pointless and boring, I preferred to use a situation to highlight a point.
He may have improved from what he was, but he is way short of what we need in a midfielder, I think de la Torre, and oreilly would bring more to the table.
But as I said it is a matter of opinion, like many I post. I don't say I am infallible and am always right by I always give an honest opinion from what I see.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bobby01

Quote from: Seano on December 16, 2019, 02:03:06 PM

Thats a major bugbear of mine too. A fault for a goal is always spoken about and regurgitated over and over again, when it is irrelevent (unless it's a very common thing of course) You have to look at the whole performance, not just what randomly preceded a goal.   

The fault for the goal was Mawson primarily, and then the rest of the back line being all over the place. I perhaps not clearly enough was saying he was around the situation, dithering watching not knowing what to do. That situation in my opinion is evident from him all over the pitch.
But hey ho.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Whitesideup

Matt - "otherwise we'd be a fickle bunch"   :005: :005: :005: 

Matt10

Quote from: bobby01 on December 16, 2019, 07:38:39 PM

No, this is a perfect example of the I am always right matt10. I was making a point in a particular situation, the topic was Onomah and his improvement.  There were so many players that should be criticised for Saturday, I have spoken many times on my perceived weakness of Mawson.
I have pointed out one situation that I thought highlights the player, if I went through all the 90 minutes it would be pointless and boring, I preferred to use a situation to highlight a point.
He may have improved from what he was, but he is way short of what we need in a midfielder, I think de la Torre, and oreilly would bring more to the table.
But as I said it is a matter of opinion, like many I post. I don't say I am infallible and am always right by I always give an honest opinion from what I see.

There's no need for insults, it's not about being right or wrong - it's just identifying what is happening on the pitch. I like to watch the matches several times, it's a hobby and helps me develop as a coach at the same time.

You highlight one point and thus it becomes an entire perception of the player which removes anything positive from getting into that assessment. That approach, to me, makes no sense. It removes the element of consistency because it's a one-off and reduces the chance to properly assess a player.

I agree, he's not what we need in a midfielder compared to Arter, Reed and even McDonald. However, that's not the reality we are facing. The reality is Parker has played him, and he's went from not looking a good fit, to holding his own, but needs improvement to be deemed a consistent starter.

FWIW, since you brought it up, I would also like to see O'Reilly and DLT. Being American, I root for USMNT players to excel more, so I can't help but hope DLT edges out. However, I am not going write them off if they fall on their faces should we concede a goal while they're on the pitch. If they do it consistently, then maybe some judgement may start to form.

Black, White and Fred

I think this is similar to dembele, he just isnt an attacking midfielder. He shined breaking up play. Id say you have to play him in a deeper role to get the best from him.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on December 16, 2019, 10:52:23 PM
I think this is similar to dembele, he just isnt an attacking midfielder. He shined breaking up play. Id say you have to play him in a deeper role to get the best from him.

Once everyone is fit, Onamah needs to go back to PL2 and find his best position.

FFCthe

Quote from: SP on December 15, 2019, 03:41:52 PM
I think so, lets hope he continues to progress as he gets more game time.  Just watched the highlights of Leeds v Cardiff - I think we'll be seeing a few goals at both ends on Saturday.

I think that was a fluke though? Leeds had had conceded something like 2 in their last 7 before that and had the best defence in the league?

Leeds are like brentford in a way, only better (from what I've seen this year). Looking down their teamsheet, they don't have amazing players, but they are exceptionally well coached. Meanwhile we can't defend and god forbid what happens if Mitro gets injured. Fearful of this one.