watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos

Started by Russianrob, December 17, 2019, 10:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russianrob

Must be the worse signing Fulham ever made even worse than Darren Bent.What makes it so bad is the fact that he kept a class player, Aaron Hughes, out of the team for so long.That overrated clown Jol also takes a lot of blame for Senderos playing for us.

Whitesideup

What about Eddie Johnson? We paid about £3 million for him. He wasn't even of professional standard.

colinwhite

Senderos was poor but there are a good few that were worse ,trust me!!

Oakeshott

Totally disagree. Senderos was far from being the best centre back we have had, but he always gave 100% and was a physical presence. Unfortunately we have made many poorer signings than him. (I suspect one of them may prove to be someone currently in our first team.)

MJG

Wasn't good enough in my book. Defended far too close to players and this allowed them to turn him or to give away fouls. And yes, he was that prime example of an accident waiting to happen.

Whole hearted yes, but needed more than that.
Just the views of a long term fan

HV71

Bless him - and for all his efforts  - but he always had a look of panic on his face - scared the living daylights out of me

Sgt Fulham

Nice guy but an awful defender at Premier League level. At least one horrific mistake per game.

MikeTheCubed

Haha it's been a while since everyone had a dig at Senderos. Perhaps in a few months there should be a thread to have a dig at Amorebietta.

:dead horse:

Spirit of 2000

I'll take your Senderos and raise you a Zesh Rehman!!

MJG

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 17, 2019, 12:19:50 PM
I'll take your Senderos and raise you a Zesh Rehman!!
Jim hicks
Just the views of a long term fan

RaySmith

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on December 17, 2019, 12:17:47 PM
Haha it's been a while since everyone had a dig at Senderos. Perhaps in a few months there should be a thread to have a dig at Amorebietta.

I thought Amorbeitta was OK actually, though a lot didn't rate him. Maybe a bit of an upmarket MLM.

But even I thought Senderos was awful, even though  he always did his best. He definitely seemed  very anxious, and lacking confidence and composure.

jarv

Did Senderos come from Arsenal to us?  If so he must have had something to impress Wenger in his youth.

General

Quote from: colinwhite on December 17, 2019, 10:57:45 AM
Senderos was poor but there are a good few that were worse ,trust me!!

Agreed.... OP is clearly missing a few memories. We've had far worse than senderos. Far worse.

General

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 17, 2019, 11:34:36 AM
Nice guy but an awful defender at Premier League level. At least one horrific mistake per game.

I think you're referring to Tony warner in goal...

ealex40

Artful Dodger

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on December 17, 2019, 12:17:47 PM

Blimey, I was just about to say that Amorebietta made Senderos look like Bobby Moore!!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: RaySmith on December 17, 2019, 02:15:51 PM
I thought Amorbeitta was OK actually, though a lot didn't rate him. Maybe a bit of an upmarket MLM.

But even I thought Senderos was awful, even though  he always did his best. He definitely seemed  very anxious, and lacking confidence and composure.

Quote from: Artful Dodger on December 17, 2019, 05:42:27 PM
Blimey, I was just about to say that Amorebietta made Senderos look like Bobby Moore!!

I didn't mind either of them too much despite their maligned status, as I felt they weren't afraid to stick a foot in whereas the much acclaimed Aaron Hughes tended to stand off more. Stats can certainly be misleading but nonetheless they actually both won more points-per-appearance than Hangeland and Hughes in our 2013/2014 relegation season.

Many seem to forget that Senderos was actually a Hodgson signing. Things could well have turned out differently had Roy stayed and Senderos not got that season long injury upon arrival, albeit he was almost certainly signed as backup rather than to be first choice.

Twig

Why on Earth are we discussing Senderos? Is this some sort of Life on Mars or ashes to Ashes moment?

S.F.Sorrow

He's far from the worst player we've had but can anyone think of a worse player with more appearances (68)?