more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos

Started by Russianrob, December 17, 2019, 10:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Twig on December 17, 2019, 06:51:58 PM
Why on Earth are we discussing Senderos? Is this some sort of Life on Mars or ashes to Ashes moment?

Club stooges diverting negative attention away from the current crop of players.  086.gif

St Eve

It was his fault that we lost the last 3 games

love4ffc

As an American I would say Eddie Johnson and Senderos are a tie. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Tabby

Why on Earth are we discussing Senderos? Is this some sort of Life on Mars or ashes to Ashes moment?

He was in the news as he is retiring at the end of the season. Probably what brought this on.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: St Eve on December 17, 2019, 07:24:06 PM

Agreed. If he wasnt such a poor defender we would not have got relegated and therefore would not have played the past 3 games. We cannot lose games we do not play and so I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

086.gif

sunburywhite

Quote from: love4ffc on December 17, 2019, 07:55:07 PM
As an American I would say Eddie Johnson and Senderos are a tie. 

Senderos wasnt that bad
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Forever Fulham

There were far worse than Senderos.   Man, that's really a trip down memory lane.  I remember The Divide amongst the fans over Senderos.  Some thought he was just awful.  Others thought his teammates' lack of support made him look a lot worse than he was, often leaving him stranded.  Had a great attitude.   I'd much rather get made at Berbatov.  Remember his increased laziness and lack of effort?  Inexcusable for a player with that much remaining skill at the time.  I remember how I practically pinched myself at the sight of the man in a Fulham shirt.  What a waste.

Whitesideup

ByTheRiver

MLM makes Senderos look like prime Maldini...

But yes, he was rubbish. Well, not rubbish, that's perhaps a little unfair. He always ALWAYS had a mistake in him. Usually a big one. That said, I think he'd walk into the current defence...

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: ByTheRiver on December 18, 2019, 09:49:45 AM

But yes, he was rubbish. Well, not rubbish, that's perhaps a little unfair. He always ALWAYS had a mistake in him. Usually a big one. That said, I think he'd walk into the current defence...

Senderos wasn't rubbish - he had great ability in fact as a defender, however he had a minimum of 1 mistake in him per game and at Premier level that was often punished with a goal. I remember him playing for Switzerland against England and he looked an absolute world beater on the day & in fact didn't put a foot wrong. Agree that compared to MLM, Senderos was world class and would walk into and upgrade our current central defence no problem. Due to his too frequent mistakes he was deemed a liability & I suppose in the premier he could be & certainly wasn't ever in class of a Goma, Coleman, Hangeland etc

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 18, 2019, 10:10:29 AM

Senderos wasn't rubbish - he had great ability in fact as a defender, however he had a minimum of 1 mistake in him per game and at Premier level that was often punished with a goal. I remember him playing for Switzerland against England and he looked an absolute world beater on the day & in fact didn't put a foot wrong. Agree that compared to MLM, Senderos was world class and would walk into and upgrade our current central defence no problem. Due to his too frequent mistakes he was deemed a liability & I suppose in the premier he could be & certainly wasn't ever in class of a Goma, Coleman, Hangeland etc

That's literally what I said above.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: ByTheRiver on December 18, 2019, 10:20:22 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 18, 2019, 10:10:29 AM

That's literally what I said above.

Was agreeing & expanding on what you said :003:

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 18, 2019, 10:22:07 AM

Apologies.

You can tell we've lost three on the bounce with the general mood (myself included!) round here, eh? Bring on a win against Leeds and a boozy Christmas Day x

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: ByTheRiver on December 18, 2019, 10:27:34 AM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 18, 2019, 10:22:07 AM

Apologies.

You can tell we've lost three on the bounce with the general mood (myself included!) round here, eh? Bring on a win against Leeds and a boozy Christmas Day x

082.gif :wine:

bill taylors apprentice

Ridiculous statement from the OP!
So many more contenders worthy of the title.

Must be a slow news day and just trying to provoke a reply?

General

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on December 17, 2019, 09:09:10 PM
Quote from: St Eve on December 17, 2019, 07:24:06 PM

Agreed. If he wasnt such a poor defender we would not have got relegated and therefore would not have played the past 3 games. We cannot lose games we do not play and so I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment.

086.gif

Nothing to do with the change of manager three times within a season or the squad being poor throughout... The third picture down says alot..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27168529

Jurassic Parker

Well this is a strange thread, like stepping into the past, am I dreaming?

For those wondering why Senderos is being discussed, I sssume it is because he has just announced retirement. Verybstrange that the poster of the thread did not mention this, perhaps revelling in our collective confusion of having stepped into the past!

bobbo

agree agree agree, leave the fella alone, it's all in the past.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jims Dentist

Phil Barber uugghh!!