watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Vs Leeds

Started by MrFFC, December 19, 2019, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFFC

From the website it looks like Bobby Reid & Harrison Reed will return to the squad this week which is a huge boost to us. It's about time we went with some partnerships like Stef & Cairney further forward & Bryan linking with Reid. Odoi should be back from his ban.
Onomah had his best game v Brentford but surely he will drop to the bench with Reed back available?

My team

Rodak

Odoi   Mawson   Ream   Bryan

Reed

Cairney   Johansen

Cavaleiro                            Reid

Mitrovic

Subs - Bettinelli , Christie , McDonald , Onomah , Kamara , Knockeart & Kebano

Tough game against a top Leeds side but hopefully with the return of a few players we see an improved performance. Big game Saturday
Come on you Whites!! :)

Jim©

The balance of that side, with a deeper sitting MF just feels so much better to me.
Over the past few weeks we've really missed Reed, Arter or Kmac in that role and wasted other MFs in trying to fill it. Not entirely sure that Reid is best suited wide though.

Ronnief

I thought a straight red meant a three match ban so that would mean that Odoi is not available until the match against Stoke (giving him a good rest over Christmas).

WhiteJC

Quote from: Ronnief on December 19, 2019, 04:47:45 PM
I thought a straight red meant a three match ban so that would mean that Odoi is not available until the match against Stoke (giving him a good rest over Christmas).

you are correct, Odoi isn't available

SuffolkWhite

Rodak
Christie Mawson Ream Bryan
Cav Cairny Johansen Knock
                   Reid
                    Mitro

Try wingers on the sides they should be maybe, if it don't work bring on Kebano etc etc etc.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Quote from: MrFFC on December 19, 2019, 04:16:22 PM
My team

Rodak

Reed

Cairney   Johansen

Mitrovic

Would love to see that lineup but with christie at RB if Odoi is suspended

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 19, 2019, 05:33:06 PM
                Rodak
                   Reid
                    Mitro

Try wingers on the sides they should be maybe, if it don't work bring on Kebano etc etc etc.

Knockaert has played his career 90% on the right. It is his natural side.

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 19, 2019, 11:50:23 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 19, 2019, 05:33:06 PM
                Rodak
                   Reid
                    Mitro

Knockaert has played his career 90% on the right. It is his natural side.
Because he's played in teams where he's the best attacking player and they're content for HIM to try to score virtuoso wondergoals by cutting inside every time he gets the ball. In our team I'd rather he played like a traditional, non-inverted winger and focused on low crosses to Mitro, Cairney et al. Plus Cavaleiro has also played mostly/better on the right so he should be given primacy in that position IMO.

love4ffc

Quote from: MrFFC on December 19, 2019, 04:16:22 PM
                   Rodak

Reed

Cairney   Johansen

Mitrovic

Subs - Bettinelli , Christie , McDonald , Onomah , Kamara , Knockeart & Kebano

Tough game against a top Leeds side but hopefully with the return of a few players we see an improved performance. Big game Saturday

This would be interesting.  Of course, Odoi is out and Christie is in. 

Do think Kebano deserves more minutes as I think he has been playing well and just like AK brings something different to the team. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

twang

Rodak
Reed - Mawson - Ream - Bryan
Cairney - Johansen
Kamara - Reid - Cavaleiro
Mitrovic

Spirit of 2000

The old 9-0-1 formation - imagine the possession we can rack up passing along that back line!!

Rodak
Christie, Sessegnon, Cairney, Stef Jo, Mawson, MLM, Ream, KMac, Bryan

Mitrovic

filham

A string of poor performances with a lack of goals, except from Mitro, demands a different approach. What about:;

RoaK
                                             Christie       Mawson        Ream      Brian

Reed            Johanson  Cairney      Cav.

Kamara Mitrovic
I want to see a lot of the ball in and around their box instead of being passes across the field in our own half.

Facts Not Fiction

Rodak

Mawson McDonald Ream

Christie Johansen Cairney Reid Bryan

Mitrovic Cavaleiro

Bettinelli, Sessegnon, Onomah, O'Riley, Knockaert, Kebano, Kamara

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 20, 2019, 10:42:25 AM
Rodak

Mawson McDonald Ream

Mitrovic Cavaleiro

I actually really like that.

:plus one:

filham

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 20, 2019, 11:00:44 AM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 20, 2019, 10:42:25 AM
Rodak

Mawson McDonald Ream

Mitrovic Cavaleiro

I actually really like that.

:plus one:
Yes, it is different and if by half time it looks as if Cav. is not bothering the opposition and is not going to score he is replaced with Kamara.

hovewhite

Start AK at the start ,from the off in for knockheart.
A no brainier.

davew

Whichever way we shuffle the defence we still have the same squad of sub standard defenders, why not play 5 at the back, Mitro will hardly notice the difference, he seems to have lost interest and I don´t blame him. He will be gone in January!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Hatch007

Quote from: davew on December 20, 2019, 06:20:54 PM
Whichever way we shuffle the defence we still have the same squad of sub standard defenders, why not play 5 at the back, Mitro will hardly notice the difference, he seems to have lost interest and I don´t blame him. He will be gone in January!

Mitro has just signed a long term contract in the summer. He has repeatedly stated he and his family are settled in the area, he loves playing his football at FFC and he owns a restaurant in Fulham.

And you come up with he'll be gone in January. Genius insight!

I'll bet you £100 right now he'll be here in February. PM if you want to take the bet!

SuffolkWhite

What Restuarant does Mitro own?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Matt10

Going to be incredibly difficult. Leeds set up in a 4-1-4-1, but it's really a 3-3-1-3, I'm half-crazy to match them. The issue is their inverted wingbacks and ridiculously high pressure will stifle our possession based, ground passes.

As a result, we have to set up a formation that is designed to break through high pressure. For me, it will be a 4-1-4-1. We bypass their high pressure with intermediate and long balls. We also will invert our own wingbacks to allow for more chance to win second balls. Mitro is isolated in our basic 4-2-3-1, but this 4-1-4-1 will ensure that Leeds keep players back in their own counter-attacks.

Here's how I'd like to set up:

Rodak

Christie     Mawson     Ream      Bryan

Reed

Cavaleiro    Johansen     Cairney    Reid

Mitro

> We have workhorses in both Christie and Bryan. Both are also used to cutting inside to support the inverted wingback approach.
> Reid and Cavaleiro have played wide before. Cavaleiro has proven he can cut inside, and score, with his left as well.
> Mitro is less isolated by simply keeping the other 4 closer to him. We can opt for long balls to him, without a direct fear that banks are going to be breached instantly, at least not without a fight.
> We played this 4-1-4-1 vs Reading, with inverted wingbacks, and our linear connection (wingback to mid, mid to forward, wingback to forward) was spot on.
> Number one concern will be how much we can get out of Reed, as he will be all over the pitch. Better him than Johansen though. I think Reed is up to the task.