more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Josh Onomah

Started by Mince n Tatties, December 21, 2019, 05:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Few on here with egg on faces tonight. :dft012:
Coyw....A happy train ride home for a change.

davew

Only a few, I would suggest that nearly everybody now having 2nd thoughts! Have a good Christmas m8!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jamie88

His performances up until a few weeks ago had been poor at best, and therefore the comments were justified. He has been playing better since then and the comments on here have also reflected that.

Fantastic for him to get not only his first goal under his belt but a match winner in such a big game, I think this will be a huge confidence booster for him

Heres the goal for those who want to see it:
https://www.trollfootball.me/others/view/fulham-2-1-leeds-united-onomah

Rj Fulham

Glad to see him get on the score sheet and from all accounts play well, hope he can build on it, still a young player with good size and a lot of potential!  049:gif 049:gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 21, 2019, 05:05:24 PM
Few on here with egg on faces tonight. :dft012:
Coyw....A happy train ride home for a change.

More an omelet on their faces.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Jamie88 on December 21, 2019, 05:08:53 PM
His performances up until a few weeks ago had been poor at best, and therefore the comments were justified. He has been playing better since then and the comments on here have also reflected that.

Fantastic for him to get not only his first goal under his belt but a match winner in such a big game, I think this will be a huge confidence booster for him
Agreed but now credit where credit is due, could be an automatic choice for the next few games and I think he deserves it!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Worcesterwhite

Fishing comes to mind  :hook:

Matt10

He has shown marked improvement since his first couple minutes, to starting. It's a gradual improvement. The problem is a lot here believe it should be an instant result. That's not how any of this works. He's young, experienced, but young. He was practically the motm vs Brentford, and before that he was involved in both goals for Swansea. Those are the facts. Today, he didn't put one foot wrong. Didn't make a bad pass, didn't make a bad challenge, didn't get caught on the ball like he had a month ago.

Credit has to be given to him, the coaches, and the players surrounding him. No credit given to those who dismiss a player because they don't get instant results. He puts on a Fulham shirt, he should deserve the support. Support each of our players in their best and worst times.

RaySmith

Quote from: Matt10 on December 21, 2019, 05:13:14 PM
He has shown marked improvement since his first couple minutes, to starting. It's a gradual improvement. The problem is a lot here believe it should be an instant result. That's not how any of this works. He's young, experienced, but young. He was practically the motm vs Brentford, and before that he was involved in both goals for Swansea. Those are the facts. Today, he didn't put one foot wrong. Didn't make a bad pass, didn't make a bad challenge, didn't get caught on the ball like he had a month ago.

Credit has to be given to him, the coaches, and the players surrounding him. No credit given to those who dismiss a player because they don't get instant results. He puts on a Fulham shirt, he should deserve the support. Support each of our players in their best and worst times.

0001.jpeg

bog

Has shut my mouth up, and that takes a lot of shutting up!

092.gif

MikeW

One swallow doesn't make a summer.  I await to be convinced and will happily admit I'm wrong if indeed I am.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

bahay18

Today could be a massive day for him . Not just the goal , work rate was  wet good and they way he saw that ball out at the end under extreme pressure was excellent .

Burt

Spot on.

Nice finish, no more than he has deserved.

Bill2

I have been critical of Josh and I have to say he has improved, but he still seems clumsy. However, he breaks up play. His goal today was a cracking shot keeper never even saw it until it hit the back of the net.

General

+ he's a fully fledged and contracted Fulham player.. so more beneficial to get his confidence up.

Whilst I'm still not convinced by parker and think he's what's letting us down the most (injuries aside), I do believe he was a good enough pro to be able to judge the potential and ability of a player.. he's played with enough top players and seen them come through to know what he's talking about i think.

joef

I sit in that corner of Johnny Haynes and I thought it really showed in his and the team's celebration how much it meant to him. Great for his confidence.

Lighthouse

Having a run of games must make a difference to confidence and transfer to his play on the pitch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

millsy

Put himself about a bit more, made a couple of successful runs and scored a cracker. What's not to like.

He's a ball watcher though and I still have a problem with him bowling around, not picking up his man, nor looking to create space for others to find him. Hopefully they're working on this.

Overall though, whilst I'd still prefer Arter alongside Tom and Harrison, I'm pleased that Josh is showing real improvement and he no longer looks to be a clear passenger.

Let's hope his progress continues apace.

SP

Very harsh treatment was dished out to a 22 year old.

They keep doubting but I never give up 🦁🦍 www.instagram.com/p/...
Twitter · 1 hour ago

ScalleysDad

Quote from: General on December 21, 2019, 06:04:16 PM

+ he's a fully fledged and contracted Fulham player.. so more beneficial to get his confidence up.

Whilst I'm still not convinced by parker and think he's what's letting us down the most (injuries aside), I do believe he was a good enough pro to be able to judge the potential and ability of a player.. he's played with enough top players and seen them come through to know what he's talking about i think.

Surely though the injuries have played a role in the most recent performances and stats. Had Reed and Reid been available a couple of games back who on here would not have picked them straight away in the roles they had today and doesn't the persistence, and a little patience, with Onamah suggest Parker may yet have a future?

Its just a question not an opinion.