watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Give us your memories of Luton Town

Started by love4ffc, December 23, 2019, 12:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

I don't have any real memories of Fulham v Luton Town though I do recall the last time Fulham meet Luton this season.  While it was a win for Fulham with Mitro getting a hat trick, it wasn't a walk through the park for them as they only won 3 to 2 and allowed a last-minute goal in extra time. 

So, do any of you have any funny, not so funny or just plain memories that you would like to share? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Roberty

Eric Morecambe was their most famous fan
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Woolly Mammoth

I have been to Kenilworth Road twice, and both times we lost 1 0 if my memory serves me correctly. I think one of them was in 1975/76, or was it ?
If I remember correctly we had to go through somebody's house via the Turnstile to get into the ground.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HillingdonFFC

Been four times & never seen us lose. First time I went was shocked at how hemmed in the ground was. Its surrounded by streets on three sides & perched up above a busy A road on the other. You have to go through a gap in housing to get to the away end & you're pretty much in people's back gardens.
Saw Kevin Moore head a late equaliser on my first trip. Also remember Paul Moody hatrick & another night when Geoff Horsefield was unplayable.
Kenilworth Road is right in the middle of one the largest Pakistani communities outside London, Birmingham or Bradford so no pubs whatsover anywhere near the ground

One Martin Thomas

Cup match v Luton ! We were in the third tier and them in the second (Perhaps 1996) ! We beat them on penalties at CC.... all I remember is chanting "Jim Jim Jim Jim Jim Jim Jim" at every Luton penalty ! It was a great night !

One Martin Thomas

Trumpytrousers

When its Spring again, we'll sing again......

Sir Alec of good Stock

I've been there quite a few times, most regularly in the 70s.
The game I remember most is a 2-0 win in 76/77 (I think) when Best and Marsh were playing for us when Tyrone James made his debut.
At that time the away supporters were put on the open terrace which is now covered and for home fans, Luton were in the Old Oak Road End which is where away fans are now put.
Fantastic number of Fulham there and a massive punch up outside the ground as Luton attacked us from both sides.
The home game I remember is a 2-1 win with Barry Lloyd (the white Pele as he was rather sarcastically called) scoring both.

Holders

A home game against them back in the 70s was the first (only) time I've been chucked out.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Holders

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

brightster

Quote from: Sir Alec of good Stock on December 23, 2019, 08:56:18 AM
I've been there quite a few times, most regularly in the 70s.
The game I remember most is a 2-0 win in 76/77 (I think) when Best and Marsh were playing for us when Tyrone James made his debut.
At that time the away supporters were put on the open terrace which is now covered and for home fans, Luton were in the Old Oak Road End which is where away fans are now put.
Fantastic number of Fulham there and a massive punch up outside the ground as Luton attacked us from both sides.
The home game I remember is a 2-1 win with Barry Lloyd (the white Pele as he was rather sarcastically called) scoring both.

That's the game I remember the 2-0 away win, with Best and Marsh and think Gerry Peyton made his debut around then (might have been later), the home we lost 2-1 that season, Luton were a good team around that time.

f321ffc

1970 season I think night game went in pub a couple of hours before ko came out of pub to a couple of inches of snow game in doubt think we ended up losing 1-0
Also away game a few years later in their social club before game all very friendly then something happened and it ended up in a massive punch up, oh those were the days.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

gang

My first memory of Luton was the 1958 cup final against Nottingham Forest. Ex Fulham winger Roy Dwight scored and then broke his leg. The Wembley voodoo had struck again.

gang

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on December 23, 2019, 06:15:54 AM
Been four times & never seen us lose. First time I went was shocked at how hemmed in the ground was. Its surrounded by streets on three sides & perched up above a busy A road on the other. You have to go through a gap in housing to get to the away end & you're pretty much in people's back gardens.
Saw Kevin Moore head a late equaliser on my first trip. Also remember Paul Moody hatrick & another night when Geoff Horsefield was unplayable.
Kenilworth Road is right in the middle of one the largest Pakistani communities outside London, Birmingham or Bradford so no pubs whatsover anywhere near the ground

I hope you're going to this game.

Ronnief

I remember coming out of the ground in the early 70's when there was a lot of trouble leaving the ground. I walked down Donneraile Street to avoid the trouble only to witness one of our supporters get seriously assaulted by a Luton lad. It was right outside a house where a wedding party was taking place and the Bride and Groom assisted the injured boy. A mounted branch officer arrested the assailant and I spent some hours at Fulham nick making a Statement.

bog

My first away game without going with me dad was 23rd January 1960. Lost 4-1 and Jimmy Hill scored. I recall walking in through houses that had turn styles in the front doors!

092.gif

bog

Quote from: gang on December 23, 2019, 10:43:11 AM
My first memory of Luton was the 1958 cup final against Nottingham Forest. Ex Fulham winger Roy Dwight scored and then broke his leg. The Wembley voodoo had struck again.

+1 great player was Roy, cousin of Reg who has done quite well for himself also.

love4ffc

Quote from: Holders on December 23, 2019, 09:07:29 AM
A home game against them back in the 70s was the first (only) time I've been chucked out.

Haha, why aren't we hearing that story  :003:
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Holders

Quote from: love4ffc on December 23, 2019, 02:56:30 PM
Quote from: Holders on December 23, 2019, 09:07:29 AM

Haha, why aren't we hearing that story  :003:

I suggested that the parents of a big fat police sergeant, who'd come to sort out a scuffle, weren't married. He took exception to that, grabbed me by the collar and frogmarched me to the booking room under the Stevenage Road stand. Managed to sneak back in about 10 minutes before FT when they opened the Hammy End gates up. Happy days!