watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dermot Gallagher a Leeds Supporters?

Started by Ronnief, December 23, 2019, 03:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronnief

Reading Gallaghers comments about the penalty he states the push was not enough for a penalty and it should not have been given. Has he read the rules of the game?  I do hope he doesn't train would be refs if that is his opinion. 049:gif

Whitesideup

Quote from: Ronnief on December 23, 2019, 03:24:12 PM
Reading Gallaghers comments about the penalty he states the push was not enough for a penalty and it should not have been given. Has he read the rules of the game?  I do hope he doesn't train would be refs if that is his opinion. 049:gif
I really hate this "not enough of a foul". He either pushed him or he didn't. He did. Gallagher retired some 12 years ago - clearly that was about 20 years too late. His comments are not helpful, his judgement is clearly faulty - I suggest an old people's home and a mug of ovaltine.

bog

I have seen some nonsense decisions given by him....and this one was not! 

Jim©

The one on Bryan 5 mins later, was to my mind, much much more of a penalty, but nothing given.
To be fair (or should we) none of our players appealed for either. You just know that Leeds would have surrounded the ref (as they did all game long).
You can see why away teams come away from Elland Road feeling like they've been unlucky this season.

MikeTheCubed

I think what Dermot means to say is that he would not have given it himself, which he usually didn't with us.

I Ronic

Did he mention the other decisions or lack of them, on Cairney's push and Bryan's slap?
If not it gives the impression Leeds were hard done by and not lucky to finish the game with 11 players on the field.

Facts Not Fiction

It wasn't a penalty really though. We got lucky.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 23, 2019, 08:58:44 PM

Holding is a penalty and therefore using your hands to stop a player running back is also a penalty! He didn't have to drop for the penalty

Bill2

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on December 23, 2019, 09:43:02 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on December 23, 2019, 08:58:44 PM

Holding is a penalty and therefore using your hands to stop a player running back is also a penalty! He didn't have to drop for the penalty
As I said on another thread. I have seen Mitro pulled up for this on numerous occasions so if it is a foul then it was a foul on Saturday.

grandad

Perhaps Gallagher can point out where in the Laws it states how hard a push has to be for it to be given as a foul & how does one calculate the force of the push.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ALG01

it is either a push or it isn't
It was a push, therefore a foul therefore in the box a penalty
dermot was up there as a very poor referee and these comments if true prove how shockingly the officials do not know what they are doing.
What did he think of the lack of sending off of the push on bryan. i know bryan was holding abd that was a foul, mnot yellow in my opinion but the reaction from the leeds thug was a red card in anyother game.

could it be that leeds as the so called bigger team are getting the role of the dice with officials?