watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not sure I'm a fan of ..............

Started by Fernhurst, December 29, 2019, 06:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Scoring one goal and hanging on for the remainder of the game. Is this our elusive  plan B ?

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

fulhamben

Well it worked today, but on a few occasions it hasn't. And I'm not sure we would have bought home the points of mawson had of still been on the pitch. Odoi made some great blocks and headers at the end.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

How did we get on today, and what was the score, and where are we positioned in the table, I am anxious to know ? As it sounds as though we must have lost going by some of the reports so far. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 29, 2019, 06:13:49 PM
How did we get on today, and what was the score, and where are we positioned in the table, I am anxious to know ? As it sounds as though we must have lost going by some of the reports so far. 
LOL
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

I refer you back to Brighton. They kept winning 1-0 playing ugly & gained promotion. Not nice to watch but it is a results game.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deeping_white

Quote from: fulhamben on December 29, 2019, 06:06:37 PM
Well it worked today, but on a few occasions it hasn't. And I'm not sure we would have bought home the points of mawson had of still been on the pitch. Odoi made some great blocks and headers at the end.

We literally didn't win a single header from their route 1 football until the 95th minute once Mawson went off the pitch, Odoi's cameo was summed up by backing off their striker and allowing him to chest a ball under no pressure and then 10 seconds later letting someone turn and shoot

Jamie88

I don't care how we win most of the time as long as we get the three points. Sometimes its just as enjoyable grinding out a win as it is playing a team off the park.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Fernhurst on December 29, 2019, 06:03:35 PM
Scoring one goal and hanging on for the remainder of the game. Is this our elusive  plan B ?

We should have gone in at half time 3-0 up. They came out for 2nd half with orders to get to us quicker and not give us time to dwell on the ball and it worked but not for them to score a goal but it stopped us getting a 2nd. It was not a case of sitting on a 1-0 lead but them restricting our attacking moves and we definitely missed Onomah in the 2nd half. Hope he's fit for Wednesday.

filham

A terrible second half performance, never seen a Fulham team so negative. Sitting on a one goal lead is full of risk and we were lucky none of those risks bit us today.
Couldn't believe the late substitution which resulted in our back four becoming a back five and inviting Stoke to keep dropping balls into our box whenever they felt like it.
We will not get away with those sort of tactics very often.
I was never going to join the Parker out club but today I lost a lot of confidence in him.

Andy S

All I know is if that had been my first game today I'm not sure that I would have come back. But I'm glad we got the three points

bobbo

Oh dear not enjoying this reading at all. I'm glad I'm out of the country right now.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

70sPimlico

Quote from: Andy S on December 29, 2019, 07:04:24 PM
All I know is if that had been my first game today I'm not sure that I would have come back. But I'm glad we got the three points
From the JH this afternoon, the old girl was beautiful. Even with a stand missing and cranes and construction going on, there still cannot be a nicer place to watch football.
Some of the football in the 1st half was sublime, just missing a couple of extra goals. OK, the 2nd wasn't pretty but there was beauty in the way we held on.

If you didn't fall in love today with the old girl, we dont want you back.

filham

Quote from: 70sPimlico on December 29, 2019, 07:49:36 PM
Quote from: Andy S on December 29, 2019, 07:04:24 PM
From the JH this afternoon, the old girl was beautiful. Even with a stand missing and cranes and construction going on, there still cannot be a nicer place to watch football.
Some of the football in the 1st half was sublime, just missing a couple of extra goals. OK, the 2nd wasn't pretty but there was beauty in the way we held on.

If you didn't fall in love today with the old girl, we dont want you back.

filham

The enjoyable aspect of sitting in the JH stand this afternoon was the setting sun at half time and then the slowly changing dramatic red sky throughout the second half.
The football from Fulham was ,hopefully, as bad as it is going to get.

Asotosyios

A few random thoughts, not in any particular order.

The first half was great, but the second was really bad - like two different teams. I don't think we just tried to hang on to the win, but had Stoke been any good at all they could have got a point easily.

No problem with people "complaining" or criticizing the performance even after a win - it's healthy and shows that we do not have to look at everything through rose-colored glasses. I know that results are kings for some people, but it's not the same for everyone.

I didn't like the Sessegnon for Cairney change: it made the team even more negative, with no ambition to attack or hold the ball and invited unnecessary pressure. Parker has done it before and it has worked so far most of the times, but I would have preferred Johansen or O'Riley to add more steel to the midfield (again, nice to be able to talk about such things after a win).

Finally, that red sky was just a pleasure to watch through the second half.

davew

Quote from: filham on December 29, 2019, 07:04:01 PM
A terrible second half performance, never seen a Fulham team so negative. Sitting on a one goal lead is full of risk and we were lucky none of those risks bit us today.
Couldn't believe the late substitution which resulted in our back four becoming a back five and inviting Stoke to keep dropping balls into our box whenever they felt like it.
We will not get away with those sort of tactics very often.
I was never going to join the Parker out club but today I lost a lot of confidence in him.
Joining the Parker out club is free though you need 2 members to recommend you to the Club, don´t think you will need to search very far to get their signatures. Avoid the chameleons though!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Red Sky at night Shepherds delight.
Goals change games, and we needed a second to help knock the stuffing out of them and achieve some daylight between us. As it turned out that second goal never came, but every cloud has a silver lining, at that was a rearguard action that produced a rare clean sheet, and as we saw at the final whistle the delight on the FULHAM players faces including Christie handing his shirt to a grateful Fulham fan, so in a funny old way, those desperate last ditch tackles and throwing their bodies on the line, and Rodak matching anything Stoke could throw at him over 96 minutes, that particular display could have brought the players closer together even more.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Statto

Quote from: Asotosyios on December 29, 2019, 08:29:03 PM
A few random thoughts, not in any particular order.

The first half was great, but the second was really bad - like two different teams. I don't think we just tried to hang on to the win, but had Stoke been any good at all they could have got a point easily.

No problem with people "complaining" or criticizing the performance even after a win - it's healthy and shows that we do not have to look at everything through rose-colored glasses. I know that results are kings for some people, but it's not the same for everyone.

I didn't like the Sessegnon for Cairney change: it made the team even more negative, with no ambition to attack or hold the ball and invited unnecessary pressure. Parker has done it before and it has worked so far most of the times, but I would have preferred Johansen or O'Riley to add more steel to the midfield (again, nice to be able to talk about such things after a win).

Finally, that red sky was just a pleasure to watch through the second half.

How dare you post something balanced and thoughtful! That will go down like a lead balloon with a few knuckle draggers on here

Twig

Quote from: filham on December 29, 2019, 07:58:14 PM
The enjoyable aspect of sitting in the JH stand this afternoon was the setting sun at half time and then the slowly changing dramatic red sky throughout the second half.
The football from Fulham was ,hopefully, as bad as it is going to get.

Agree about the incredible sunset. The first half was as good as I have seen this season, only Butland kept it from  3 -0.  Second half was tough but we kept going and won the game.  I will remember just how classy we were not the later rearguard.

Twig

To those asking why we didn't bring on SJ (either for Onomah or later for Sess), I read that he is carrying a knock, is that correct?  Mind you if true it does make me wonder why he was on the bench.