watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Stefan Jo leaving ?

Started by bahay18, December 29, 2019, 11:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahay18

Fans MOTM against Bristol and Preston and then not included . First half illness to Onomah surely should have meant he came on . Does this suggest he is leaving in the window ?

Lighthouse

He has been carrying an injury. But if he was leaving would he have even been on the bench?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Asotosyios

I can only think that Parker sees Johansen as Reed's backup at the moment for whatever reason.

Parker's bench selection is quite puzzling sometimes, at least to me. Players appear in one week and disappear the next. They play for a couple of weeks and then don't play again for the next five. All these while we get no injury updates (I want to think I have not missed anything). I remember last year and the years before, there would be an injury update on the press conference article on the official website. I can't remember seeing anything like that the last few weeks, so no idea what's happening with Arter, McDonald etc.

Andy S

That is why there is no reason to worry whether you have to pay for it or not. It is worthless

Matt10

StefJo is my favorite player on the team, but I believe he's not starting because Onomah is playing lights out currently. With some of the fatigue seemingly catching on due to the fixture-load, I expect Parker to slot StefJo in for the next match - not sure who will drop to the bench though.

Andy S

Years ago managers published their team the day before a game a bit like they do in Cricket. You  could find it in the Evening papers. The problem is so could the opposing managers and coaching staff. It is all kept very hush hush these days and announce an hour before a game in the hope that tactics can catch your opponents out

Woolly Mammoth

I hope and believe that Stefan is an important fixture in the team/squad, and would like to think that the manager feels the same. We are going to need Steffs experience his tenacity and his work rate in the run in to the end of the season.
Without being party to whether there will be any new additions in the January Window, and bearing in mind that there is only 6 points between 3rd place and 13th. It is going to be dog fight from now to the 46th game, as all those teams will fancy their chances to finish in top 6.
On that basis we need to step up another gear, as I am sure other clubs will aspire to. So Steffan Johansen should be a valuable asset and there is no reason to let another club gain his services at FULHAMS expense.
He is still 28 years old, so he should be in his prime I would have thought and with the necessary experience we most certainly need.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

Quote from: Matt10 on December 30, 2019, 12:49:45 AM
StefJo is my favorite player on the team, but I believe he's not starting because Onomah is playing lights out currently. With some of the fatigue seemingly catching on due to the fixture-load, I expect Parker to slot StefJo in for the next match - not sure who will drop to the bench though.

Going to disagree with you Matt on this one.  Still have not seen anything from Onomah to impress.  He was in the right place at the right time for the goal.  Love it, but other than that still do not see why he deserves a continuous starting position.   StefJo plays his butt off, comes and in and gets the job done.  Then is cast aside for the latest manager's pet project.  Just don't get it and unless StefJo has an injury, don't understand why he isn't getting more game time. 

VIVA STEFAN JOHANSEN and his antics that make him a true leader on the pictch!  :Haynes The Maestro:   049:gif

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Matt10

Quote from: love4ffc on December 30, 2019, 01:41:59 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on December 30, 2019, 12:49:45 AM

Going to disagree with you Matt on this one.  Still have not seen anything from Onomah to impress.  He was in the right place at the right time for the goal.  Love it, but other than that still do not see why he deserves a continuous starting position.   StefJo plays his butt off, comes and in and gets the job done.  Then is cast aside for the latest manager's pet project.  Just don't get it and unless StefJo has an injury, don't understand why he isn't getting more game time. 

VIVA STEFAN JOHANSEN and his antics that make him a true leader on the pictch!  :Haynes The Maestro:   049:gif

Don, my man, you know I don't pick what I'd want to do. If I got what I wanted, we'd be playing a 3-1-4-2, basically playing how we did against Leeds every match. StefJo would be the "1" in that formation, kicking ankles so the Leeds player didn't have a chance to dive into theatrics.

I'm just going off of what I believe is the reason StefJo isn't getting a starting spot is because Onomah, like him or not, is in huge favor of Parker. The facts are he is playing, and playing well, Stefjo is not playing - so he doesn't get a chance to play well or play terribly.

colinwhite

Stef J has been carrying a knee injury  which he picked up with Norway.Must have got worse. No way Cavaliero would have come on for Onomah otherwise.

Whitesideup

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 30, 2019, 01:27:14 AM
I hope and believe that Stefan is an important fixture in the team/squad, and would like to think that the manager feels the same. We are going to need Steffs experience his tenacity and his work rate in the run in to the end of the season.
Without being party to whether there will be any new additions in the January Window, and bearing in mind that there is only 6 points between 3rd place and 13th. It is going to be dog fight from now to the 46th game, as all those teams will fancy their chances to finish in top 6.
On that basis we need to step up another gear, as I am sure other clubs will aspire to. So Steffan Johansen should be a valuable asset and there is no reason to let another club gain his services at FULHAMS expense.
He is still 28 years old, so he should be in his prime I would have thought and with the necessary experience we most certainly need.

Your reference to dogs and fighting has upset my dog immensely. He would like to point out to all ducks, squirrels, crows, and yes, even cats, that he is really only playing within the spirit of the laws of the game... the exception being Leeds players, especially the nauseous right-back.

Asotosyios

Quote from: colinwhite on December 30, 2019, 08:16:25 AM
Stef J has been carrying a knee injury  which he picked up with Norway.Must have got worse. No way Cavaliero would have come on for Onomah otherwise.

Why would he be on the bench if he's injured and can't play? It was just a tactical decision by Parker, nothing more or less.

ALG01

if fit sefjo would be my preference as he links brilliantly with TC and this season has shown a real maturity to his game. I think reed is ordinary althoug he did play two sublime passes in the second half against stoke.

MrFFC

Squad game. Stef Jo will be back.
Come on you Whites!! :)

Twig

Quote from: Asotosyios on December 30, 2019, 09:53:37 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on December 30, 2019, 08:16:25 AM

Why would he be on the bench if he's injured and can't play? It was just a tactical decision by Parker, nothing more or less.

Have to agree, this puzzled me on Sunday and I haven't seen anything since to really explain it.