more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kmac

Started by 70sPimlico, January 04, 2020, 08:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcne

Quote from: midlandwhites on January 06, 2020, 04:33:08 PM
Football is all about control, KMac provides this in plenty, you do not have to run around like headless chickens to play football in which i think Scott Parker is looking for with fitter players.
KMac was excellent and we need him back to let the others do the running and forwards finding space  - just look at Derby they have Rooney will he be running like a headless chicken or controlling the game..

Also Huddlestone who seems to be effective without  pace.

Andy S

Some people can do it without pace and some can't. I thought he was shown up last season in the prem. with no pace and so it continues. Managers notice these things while we see it only on a Saturday. It comes to us all

FulhamStu

In a recent interview on the offal after signing his new contract, KMac said he thought he would end his career playing centre back.  This could be even more interesting with the system we played on Saturday.

fcfulham55

Kevin's face when Villa equalised says it at.  He's passionate and wants the shirt.   

When back to full fitness he has to be involved.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

filham

KMac had a very good game against Villa and most importantly he provides ideal assistance to the back four.

toshes mate

I would love to see Kevin as defensive midfield or centre back or wherever else he can play because a) he is a truly effective leader on the pitch and b) I doubt he has ever really had true pace, in the strict meaning of the word, and has always had the ingredients his sort of midfielder needs to compensate for it.  As others have said there are some truly great midfielders who have never relied on pace to be effective.  It was good to see his contribution on Saturday and I hope we see him again - soon.

HV71

I would love to see Kevin as defensive midfield or centre back or wherever else he can play because a) he is a truly effective leader on the pitch and b) I doubt he has ever really had true pace, in the strict meaning of the word, and has always had the ingredients his sort of midfielder needs to compensate for it.  As others have said there are some truly great midfielders who have never relied on pace to be effective.  It was good to see his contribution on Saturday and I hope we see him again - soon.

+1

Could not agree more- he has played in central defence before and (with the right people alongside him) could do a job for us

The Rational Fan

Quote from: toshes mate on January 07, 2020, 05:40:23 PM

FIFA 20 rates Nemanja Matić, Jack Cork and Mark Noble as slower than Kevin McDonald. Unfortunately, I think one of KMacs problems is that Mawson, Ream Reed, and Cairney are not particularly quick. KMac is much better with quick players like Christie, Hector, Odoi, Bryan, Stefjo, Knockaert and Onamah around him.

Carborundum

When a player gets sent off or injured, a reshuffle is needed. Often someone gets to play out of position. Usually it's not an especially happy story - Ross McCormack to right midfield one time sticks in my memory.  But at least twice I've seen KMac switch to Centre Half and both times he looked very happy, comfortable and in his element.  So it's no surprise to read about his hint.

He's a passer.  He's an organiser.  CB gives him pretty much unrestricted vision of his options.  We should give it a whirl.

Funnily enough the Ross McCormack to right midfield debacle was after a sending off against Wolves, for whom KMac was playing.  For the next seventy minutes he absolutely shredded us without breaking into a sweat.  Good player.

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 08, 2020, 10:15:04 AM
Quote from: toshes mate on January 07, 2020, 05:40:23 PM

FIFA 20 rates Nemanja Matić, Jack Cork and Mark Noble as slower than Kevin McDonald. Unfortunately, I think one of KMacs problems is that Mawson, Ream Reed, and Cairney are not particularly quick. KMac is much better with quick players like Christie, Hector, Odoi, Bryan, Stefjo, Knockaert and Onamah around him.
I don't think FIFA computer football game ratings are meant to be taken out of the context of what they are.  The providers of statistical data and analysis tools can be a very suspicious bunch even in academic science institutions and agencies where users should know better, since source material, the checks, verifications and authentications are all open to doubt.  We all know that Bolt remains the fastest 100m sprinter until his record is beaten but how do you put a measured and corresponding percentage rating against every contender for his title past, present and future?  "Data can be very dangerous for your your health - handle with care" should be writ large on every sample.  I think football team partnerships is a highly complex subject (like any partnership) which appears to be made simple by those in football who notice and pay attention to details when they watch games. 

McDonald has his flaws but none of them, IMO, are down to pace or lack of.

ByTheRiver

He drinks the vodka
He drinks the jager
His genitalia is of an impressive size and girth

KE-VIN MCDONALD! KE-VIN MCDONALD!

Grumpy Worthing White

I`d like to see our midfield from our promotion year, Kevin Mac, Stef Jo and TC (Injury`s permitting).....time to take off my Rose Tinted Specs  049:gif

JimOG

Or 3-5-2 with Hector - KMc - Mawson   leaving Arter in the link role in front etc. At least we wouldn't be terrified as we watched every set piece arrive in our box...

toshes mate

Quote from: JimOG on January 08, 2020, 12:52:08 PM
Or 3-5-2 with Hector - KMc - Mawson   leaving Arter in the link role in front etc. At least we wouldn't be terrified as we watched every set piece arrive in our box...
Given the opposition was borderline better than Championship quality I actually felt Mawson looked calmer alongside Hector than he has since his arrival at FFC, but is that the most obvious end to the possibilities that his arrival means, or will the Championship prove to be a much tougher test?