watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sess v Roberts

Started by bobby01, January 05, 2020, 01:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Both playing spuds Boro, should be interesting to see how they both compare now.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

bahay18

Stick a fiver on him scoring against us in a couple of weeks too

General

Honestly sess and Roberts don't compare in terms of career, ability or potential.. both for us or others. Roberts to Man City for the fee we got and his career since has practically been daylight robbery from us. His attitude must stink.

Dodgin

The boy was offered what would be regarded s a fortune, may well be set up for life. Hopefully he will be in the Boro side so we can have a look at him.

grandad

Pretty poor performances from both of them. Both subbed.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Jamie88

Also worth mentioning that we had another former academy player start for Boro in Djed Spence

jeffc4golf

Is it me but sess seems to be disinterested and looks like he cba even got taken off in the second half you would think he would be busting a gut to get a regular place maybe his unhappy there ?

bahay18

He almost looks scared of the ball and getting hurt . When you see the website flashbacks and Sess features , he was always rushing 10 yards forward when the got ball and taking people on . Now he touches it back and stands still . Needs a confidence reboot .

Sting of the North

Quote from: General on January 05, 2020, 02:25:37 PM
Honestly sess and Roberts don't compare in terms of career, ability or potential.. both for us or others. Roberts to Man City for the fee we got and his career since has practically been daylight robbery from us. His attitude must stink.

Why must his attitude stink? Do you have any good reason for the comment, or do you just dislike him for leaving Fulham?

Southcoastffc

The radio commentators I heard earlier were expressing disappointment at his performance but suggested that he was playing to orders, rather than what they called 'his natural game'.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 05, 2020, 06:52:25 PM
The radio commentators I heard earlier were expressing disappointment at his performance but suggested that he was playing to orders, rather than what they called 'his natural game'.

Sorry to tell him but in a team full of mega stars , there needs to be some positional discipline.
He's effectively a small fish in a big pond compared to being the poster boy of Craven Cottage

FFC1987

I think Sess's main strength won't work with Spurs, specifically Kane in the side. Sess is the guy who finds a yard, reads the game well enough to be in the right place to put away a chance, but that's what Kane does, but to much better effect. Spurs wingers tend to be dribblers, crossing widemen or inverted long range goal scorers, the like I haven't seen from Sess. Maybe he'll change his game to suit, but not sure Spurs was the best team to go to unless he also thought becoming the next full back for them was his path.

General

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 05, 2020, 05:33:15 PM
Quote from: General on January 05, 2020, 02:25:37 PM

Why must his attitude stink? Do you have any good reason for the comment, or do you just dislike him for leaving Fulham?

Because in the five years since he's left he's played for 5 clubs and made a handful of appearances for each, hardly scoring and playing and keeps getting moved on... he's at boro after half a season at Norwich where the loan was being cut short because he wasnt playing and hardly in match day squads. He has talent - but he went for quick fix and aside from Celtic he's hardly done anything to justify what man City paid for him and he's shown little to no progress. If he worked hard and continued to grow as and nothingness footballer he had the potential to do well. Currently Harvey elliot and dembele and sessegnon have all progressed further and faster.

Sting of the North

Unless the only possible explanation for him not yet having his big breakthrough at the highest level is that his attitude stinks, then all of the above sounds like very weak arguments for having a dig  at a young players character (to put it mildly).

Ever consider that maybe he's just not all that? Or maybe he's played for the wrong teams (except Celtic, for which he was kind of a star)? Or maybe it's just incredibly hard to break through?

General

Quote from: Sting of the North on January 05, 2020, 09:24:02 PM
Unless the only possible explanation for him not yet having his big breakthrough at the highest level is that his attitude stinks, then all of the above sounds like very weak arguments for having a dig  at a young players character (to put it mildly).

Ever consider that maybe he's just not all that? Or maybe he's played for the wrong teams (except Celtic, for which he was kind of a star)? Or maybe it's just incredibly hard to break through?

Attitude stinking can also relate to him simply not being all that..

If he was better given his abilities at a young age and the tutelage he got at man City and how he did at Celtic it'd suggest he had enough quality to succeed. The fact he hasn't will be down to his emotional temperament. He could still succeed - we lose or gain nothing if he does.. but my observation is that he's not being rated now and given all he's been exposed to which may have taken its toll on him, I've simply not seen enough progression since to suggest his Attitude is fully focused on his success being purely football related. He's always been someone I've tried to keep an eye on and sometimes I think he's about to make a break through, others he looks more interested in being in a boy band.

He's working at clubs that are all top tier leagues and will most likely have teams dedicated to making him succeed regardless. Failing at one, OK... that happens. Anguissa failed at Fulham it happens.. but the more it happens the more it's a mental state.

70sPimlico

I take no schadenfreude type pleasure but Sess is starting to get a lot of doubters up in North London.

I think it goes back to the perception of him being this lightning quick winger ghosting passed defenders for fun ala Bale.

That wasn't his game but I must admit, I often thought it could have been but he seems to play within himself, or more likely, I don't know what I'm talking about

grandad

Sess, Roberts, Elliott & Hyndman are all wasted talents. They all should have stayed with us until they were fully developed physically, mentally & had proved themselves capable of being a match day starter.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Southcoastffc

Quote from: grandad on January 06, 2020, 11:01:15 AM
Sess, Roberts, Elliott & Hyndman are all wasted talents. They all should have stayed with us until they were fully developed physically, mentally & had proved themselves capable of being a match day starter.
I can't agree that Elliott is a wasted talent.  Seems to me that he's well en route at this stage.   Hyndman is something of a tragedy though. Has played only 70 games since he made his debut for us in 2014.  I thought he was a wonderful talent.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Chutney

Sess being played out of position and still yet to complete 90 mins, such a shame.
C O Y W

FFC1987

Quote from: Chutney on January 06, 2020, 12:27:29 PM
Sess being played out of position and still yet to complete 90 mins, such a shame.

I don't know, he's started some games in CL, scored a goal and has been in and around the squad since his injury during a managerial change. i think he's doing alright. Could be way worse!