watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It is written in the stars

Started by ffcthereligion, January 16, 2020, 09:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

That we will continue to under-perform all the way through to the play offs where we will play the two legged semi final against Brentford. We will then lose at home and have to put up with a 90 minute procession for the last ever game at Griffin park where they beat their biggest rivals and get within 90 minutes of getting up to the first division for the first time since the war, all in time for the opening of their new stadium.

Can't wait!

Jim©

Quote from: ffcthereligion on January 16, 2020, 09:23:37 AM
under-perform all the way through to the play offs

I'm not sure of peoples' expectations, but I'd say playoffs are bang on for this squad, management and on the back of a crushing season last year.
Brentford are going through a purple patch but don't think it'll last.

ByTheRiver

filham

Yes. that is the material nightmares are made of.
Please someone come up with a better dream.

Whitestone

Absolutely wont happen. They'll bottle it like they always do in the play off's. That's if they even get there!

Whitesideup

Brentford will make top 2 !!! What are the odds?

Whitesideup

Answering my own question ...almost.....on Bet365, Brentford evens to get promoted, us 11/4, Forest 9/2. So only one point difference but bookies rate Brentford much more highly than us. Justifiably so perhaps, esp with injury to Mitro. Incidentally, and obviously, done deal for them re West Brom and Leeds 1/5 and 1/8 respectively. (Yes, that looks like a mistake to me as well - surely the 1/5 and 1/8 are the other way round? ) Anyway, maybe just a tad early .. let's see if the gap narrows in the next couple of weeks.

filham

Not sure that I want us to be the bookies favourite but it would be encouraging to get above Brentford and within a win of Leeds

Logicalman

That we will continue to under-perform all the way through to the play offs where we will play the two legged semi final against Brentford. We will then lose at home and have to put up with a 90 minute procession for the last ever game at Griffin park where they beat their biggest rivals and get within 90 minutes of getting up to the first division for the first time since the war, all in time for the opening of their new stadium.

Can't wait!

I think you might have got that just a tad incorrect, please let me assist ....

That we will continue to under-perform all the way through to the play offs where we will play the two legged semi final against Brentford. We will then lose at home and have to put up with a 90 minute procession for the last ever game at Griffin park where they lose at home to their biggest rivals after conceding two last minute goals by Mitro and got almost to within 90 minutes of getting up to the first division for the first time since the war, but failed, all in time for the opening of their new stadium playing Championship footie.

There ya go, a much better ending ..... you're welcome  :54:  :005:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Jim© on January 16, 2020, 09:30:09 AM
under-perform all the way through to the play offs

I'm not sure of peoples' expectations, but I'd say playoffs are bang on for this squad, management and on the back of a crushing season last year.
Brentford are going through a purple patch but don't think it'll last.

+1

The Rational Fan

Another scenario is we sell Betts and Bryan, loan Kongolo and buy Goldson. Parker plays a back six of Rodak, S.Sess, Hector, Goldson, Kongolo and Arter, we drop a lot of points at first, fail out of the top six due to the new combination, but get back in the playoffs after getting clean sheets in the last ten games, almost win the playoffs but hitting the woodwork and poor decisions means we don't, during the summer the squad changes radically causing another poor start the next season and playoffs again.

I think Fulham need to work out how they can keep this squad together and build for an automatic promotion push next season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 17, 2020, 03:03:44 AM
Another scenario is we sell Betts and Bryan, loan Kongolo and buy Goldson. Parker plays a back six of Rodak, S.Sess, Hector, Goldson, Kongolo and Arter, we drop a lot of points at first, fail out of the top six due to the new combination, but get back in the playoffs after getting clean sheets in the last ten games, almost win the playoffs but hitting the woodwork and poor decisions means we don't, during the summer the squad changes radically causing another poor start the next season and playoffs again.

I personally think Fulham need to work out how they can keep this squad together for the playoffs and more importantly an automatic promotion push next season.

I would prefer to concentrate on achieving automatic promotion this season whilst we still can make it failing that via Wembley. You cannot pick and choose the time and place you get promotion, you take the first available path. Live for today because tomorrow never comes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2020, 03:15:19 AM

I personally think Fulham need to work out how they can keep this squad together for the playoffs and more importantly an automatic promotion push next season.

I would prefer to concentrate on achieving automatic promotion this season whilst we still can make it failing that via Wembley. You cannot pick and choose the time and place you get promotion, you take the first available path. Live for today because tomorrow never comes.

Parker's job is to get automatic promotion or playoffs this season. As for Tony Khan, I think he should mostly concentrate on building a squad for next season now.

Fulham accounts show that Shahid Khan has written Fulham a big fat cheque on 29th July 2018 and 29th July 2019, so probably the next ones coming on the 29th July 2020, so our DOF is basically broke from the 31st January to the 29th July each seasons so cannot do much in terms of recruiting before that.  Hopefully, he buys next seasons players on the 31st January 2020, otherwise there is no chance the new players will be here for the pre-season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 17, 2020, 04:03:05 AM

Parker's job is to get automatic promotion or playoffs this season. As for Tony Khan, I think he should mostly concentrate on building a squad for next season now.

As we know, Tony Khan can never find any money for buying players except on the 31st January and 6th August. Hopefully, he buys next seasons players on the 31st January 2020 otherwise there is no chance the new players will be here for the pre-season.

I was hoping someone else would be made responsible for buying players, don't they ever learn.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2020, 04:10:29 AM

As we know, Tony Khan can never find any money for buying players except on the 31st January and 6th August. Hopefully, he buys next seasons players on the 31st January 2020 otherwise there is no chance the new players will be here for the pre-season.

I was hoping someone else would be made responsible for buying players, don't they ever learn.

No problem, make Malcolm McDonald the DOF because he is so well qualified at buying players with absolutely no money from Fulham and no money from Shahid Khan. Malcolm McDonald is the only person, other than Tony Khan, that I know that could make £6,539,299 of Fulham money last over five transfer windows.

Fulham accounts show that between the 1st July 2017 and 1st September 2019, Tony Khan has spent £148,667,000 on transfer fees, Shahid Khan has given £142,127,701 to the club in that time and so, therefore, Tony Khan has used up £6,539,299 of Fulham's outgoing transfer fees received on incoming transfer fees.

Fulham Accounts not including land owned - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02114486/filing-history

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 17, 2020, 04:34:51 AM

No problem, make Malcolm McDonald the DOF because he is so well qualified at buying players with absolutely no money from Fulham and no money from Shahid Khan. Other than Tony Khan, Malcolm McDonald is the only person that I know that could make £6,539,299 of Fulham money last over five transfer windows and get half-decent signings.

Fulham accounts show that between the 1st July 2017 and 1st September 2019, Tony Khan has spent £148,667,000 on transfer fees, Shahid Khan has given £142,127,701 to the club in that time and Tony Khan has used up £6,539,299 of Fulham's TV money on transfer fees.

I am sure MM would do a dam sight better job.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2020, 04:40:49 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 17, 2020, 04:34:51 AM

No problem, make Malcolm McDonald the DOF because he is so well qualified at buying players with absolutely no money from Fulham and no money from Shahid Khan. Other than Tony Khan, Malcolm McDonald is the only person that I know that could make £6,539,299 of Fulham money last over five transfer windows and get half-decent signings.

Fulham accounts show that between the 1st July 2017 and 1st September 2019, Tony Khan has spent £148,667,000 on transfer fees, Shahid Khan has given £142,127,701 to the club in that time and Tony Khan has used up £6,539,299 of Fulham's TV money on transfer fees.

I am sure MM would do a dam sight better job.

Since 1st July 2017 until now, Fulham has received £27.5m more combined from "Shahid Khan investment in to FFC and Tony Khan's outgoing transfer fees received", than Tony Khan has spent on "incoming transfer fees (including guesses of £8m for Hector and £15m for Cav)". Give MM £6,539,299 to spend over five transfer windows and hope he can pick up lots of Ray Houghton's free transfer.

Woolly Mammoth

Interesting figures, and you have certainly been beavering away burning the midnight oil and gathering this information and researching the financial movements of the owner and his son.
So what does it all add up to.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2020, 05:08:00 AM
Interesting figures, and you have certainly been beavering away burning the midnight oil and gathering this information and researching the financial movements of the owner and his son.

What does it all add up to? "The Khans" are going to pour money into Fulham, until Tony Khan makes Fulham into profitable Premier League team or Tony Khan dies of old age.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on January 17, 2020, 05:10:09 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 17, 2020, 05:08:00 AM

What does it all add up to? "The Khans" are going to pour money into Fulham, until Tony Khan makes Fulham into profitable Premier League team or Tony Khan dies of old age.

Surely it won't take that long will it ?

Never forget your Roots.