watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker

Started by Spirit of 2000, January 17, 2020, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

Hes going to have to sharpen up to keep his place.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on January 18, 2020, 10:47:48 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 18, 2020, 10:35:11 AM
I have to confess that this is one of the few times in my memory that I disagree with you in more or less all what you have said on this particular post, I dread to think what you would have said if we had come away with a draw. It's not Parker's fault we squandered chances, or had a perfectly good goal disallowed or Mitro being injured. At this stage of the season it's all about those three massive points.
The first 20 minutes alone was worth the admission fee.
So be grateful for small mercy's.
Ok if Scott Parker is not your cup of tea that's fine, but please do not use any part of last nights that did not suit your expectations, then dissect it, and use it as a club to beat Parker over the head with it.
In other words refrain from looking for problems that don't exist.
Happy days and enjoy the ride, and just relax. There are even better days to come.
My comment has absolutely nothing to do with my feelings about Parker who I have consistently backed for the whole season from the moment of his appointment. 

My comments about last night's game are everything I see about repetitive mistakes on the pitch of which bad finishing and sloppy negative passing has dominated.  They are coaching issues.  I already said the first twenty two and a half minutes was up there with the best we have played this season.  I get slagged off for exaggeration by Twig saying it was beautiful football for seven and a half minutes longer!
And now you imply Parker is not my cup of tea!  My concern is that progress is not being made to play at the standard this team should be able to play at.  It is an expensive outfit and yet 'Boro, a rather poor team, made us look better than we really are (which I also said about Millwall).   

I shall endeavour to make myself clearer in future if I can find the means to do so.   

That's is good to hear as you are a poster I have a lot of respect for as you see things in a match that I only realise later. Your analysis is often sublime, but enough of my hero worshipping TM.
I note that the Leeds match ended in a defeat for the Leeds manager which signifies that even he cannot walk on water. So should Leeds sack him ????
So it's all on the day and a dog fight for all and sundry. But so far so good this weekend.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on January 18, 2020, 07:35:58 AM
Got to agree really enjoyed watching us tonight, we played with real intensity and a high tempo makes such a difference. Thought Kmac was class and made a real difference, his distribution and interceptions were excellent. Hector also brilliant, he really attacks the ball and organises the defense. Also thought Knockaert put a real shift in, both going forward and tracking back.
Quote from: toshes mate on January 18, 2020, 08:47:39 AM
Take a bow??? Having a laugh???

Three points is all there is to be claimed from that.  Other than that a shoddy and truly late offside flag being the only real complaint we can level against the officials or opponents.

For the first quarter of the match the performance was up there with our best this season, but after that the same sloppiness, lack of concentration, laziness, and failure to be good enough returned.  Parker hasn't upped his game by much and has no room for complacency but then he'll know that already.  Some of his charges are not as good as he or they think they are and he needs to call them out.  They consistently commit the same mistakes and that is the only consistency to be seen here, players and coaches who are consistently inconsistent.  I am though naming names other than the head coach; by now it should be beyond obvious to Parker and his crew and he needs to coach them better, chuck them out, or fall on his sword.

Even within that mere measly quarter of a game we squandered chances, easy chances, as we have done all season.

Possession has to have a purpose; passes must be made when you decide to pass, not when your opponents force you to pass; players must be aware of every option and not just the get out of gaol option; they should be getting it right by now but they are not and you practice getting it right until you absolutely know you should never get it wrong.  And it is a really tough learning curve that takes no prisoners.  Anyone who has ever leaned a craft the hard way knows how tough it can be.  But perhaps Parker isn't up to it.   

As you may be able to tell last night really disappointed me because 'Boro were a very poor team and we struggled to put them away.   That was a long way short of convincing in my book.
Wait...joke post? Boro a poor side?

You're having a laugh.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

filham

Our problems have switched from a leaky defence to an impotent attack.

Parker got everything right yesterday and we were without doubt the better team.

However only a single goal scored at home is not good enough and is not going to be sufficient to win most matches.
What is the situation with Kamara, he may be capable of scoring at half the rate of Mitro which would give us twice us much chance of a couple of goals in our next game as we will get without him or Mitro.

DevonFFC

Quote from: filham on January 18, 2020, 03:24:11 PM

Parker got everything right yesterday and we were without doubt the better team.

However only a single goal scored at home is not good enough and is not going to be sufficient to win most matches.
What is the situation with Kamara, he may be capable of scoring at half the rate of Mitro which would give us twice us much chance of a couple of goals in our next game as we will get without him or Mitro.

If you don't concede then a single goal is all you need. Bobby Reid got 20 goals playing as a number 9 got Bristol City.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on January 18, 2020, 03:24:11 PM

im sure someone posted stats that showed that kamara actually scores more goals per min than mitro does. Plus gets more assists too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

Nothing impotent about our attack . We could have had 6 or 7 and on another day we will

General

Quote from: KJS on January 18, 2020, 12:05:57 PM
1 problem is TC is now looking like a weak link

He's been ill. Not sure I'd put it down to anything more.

Sting of the North

Quote from: KJS on January 18, 2020, 12:05:57 PM
1 problem is TC is now looking like a weak link

To me it's baffling to state that after the first half yesterday. He was involved in virtually everything while at the same time breaking up play on a number of occasions. Him and KMac (or maybe rather their understanding of each other) were the main reasons for our complete dominance for the first 30 minutes. To me TC is the absolute opposite of a weak link. He is the brain that makes us tick on those too rare occasions we do.