watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Scott Parker

Started by Spirit of 2000, January 17, 2020, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Take a bow mate. Ive been one of the biggest critics but our performance tonight against a form side was immense and not negative. No fault can be attributed to Parker that Onomah missed 2 great chances, Cavaleiro,  Bobby Reid and by default for not passing to a free Reid also Cairney should have had us 4 up by HT.

My MOM Michael Hector, utterly superb and what we've missed, Knockaert a close 2nd and Bobby Reid,  Odoi and KMac not far behind. COYW!!

Tabby

Probably second best game of the season after the Millwall one. If AK or Mitro had been on the pitch for some better finishing I think it would have reached tennis numbers.

Hopefully he can build on this looking forward.

Simply91

Credit where credit is due. Top quality performance. COYW 049:gif

Spirit of 2000

Better IMO, Millwall were awful and played to our strengths,  tonight especially 1st half we were sublime.

Bassey the warrior

Yeah superb performance just lacking clinical finishing. Long may it continue.

fulhamben

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 17, 2020, 10:15:34 PM
Better IMO, Millwall were awful and played to our strengths,  tonight especially 1st half we were sublime.
thought we were fantastic in the first 20 but then went off the boil again. Didn't get going until the last 20 again imo
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FFC1987

Yep, fair play to Parker. If they got the late goal for the draw, I wouldn't be blaming Parker as we created more than enough to win this game. Still say next 5 games are important and will shape season so this was a great start.

LittleErn

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on January 17, 2020, 10:06:43 PM
Take a bow mate. Ive been one of the biggest critics but our performance tonight against a form side was immense and not negative. No fault can be attributed to Parker that Onomah missed 2 great chances, Cavaleiro,  Bobby Reid and by default for not passing to a free Reid also Cairney should have had us 4 up by HT.

My MOM Michael Hector, utterly superb and what we've missed, Knockaert a close 2nd and Bobby Reid,  Odoi and KMac not far behind. COYW!!

Hear Hear! Apart from the misses, Onomah played very well. he gets better and more confident with every match. Cairney was disappointing for most of the game - he is not useful unless we are on top of the game.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2020, 10:20:52 PM
thought we were fantastic in the first 20 but then went off the boil again. Didn't get going until the last 20 again imo

Bet that was said through gritted teeth Ben! We won the game.

Twig

We were sublime for at least 30 mins in then first half and it was clear to me that our performance dipped in the second because TC was falling further and further off the pace. Once Stef Jo came in we immediately started to dominate again.

Well done SP and the entire team.

SuffolkWhite

Johansen for Cairny was the right call, well done Parker. A good convincing performance and deserved win. Is this the beginning of a run, hope so.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on January 17, 2020, 11:40:33 PM
Johansen for Cairny was the right call, well done Parker. A good convincing performance and deserved win. Is this the beginning of a run, hope so.

:plus one:

Count Flapula

Forget game of 2 halves, that was a game of 3 thirds.

Our movement, combination play and invention in the first half hour was something to behold - Boro players were looking around at each other wondering what was happening. The 15 mins either side of half time we inexplicably dropped off deep and couldn't string 2 passes together.

Fair play to Scott Parker though - when TC started flagging due to being not quite match fit yet he made the right choice and brought on StefJo, who's running and really intelligent contribution swang the game back in our favour.

Although he's made some errors (which manager doesn't?), he seems to try and learn from mistakes rather than be tactically rigid so is brave enough to try and change things which is a promising sign for his growth as a manager.

That's four wins and a draw in his last six league games I think. I hope he learns/evolves enough in time to meet our goals (I.e. before Fulham sacks him) as I think he has the makings to be a successful manager somewhere.

Statto

8/10.

We started very well and his tactical decisions in the second half worked well.

But it was only 1-0, at home to a poor team (albeit in decent form) and they hit the bar.

We need to win the next 5 for Parker to get a "meets expectations" from me. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on January 18, 2020, 12:13:18 AM
8/10.

We started very well and his tactical decisions in the second half worked well.

But it was only 1-0, at home to a poor team (albeit in decent form) and they hit the bar.

We need to win the next 5 for Parker to get a "meets expectations" from me. 

I don't expect he will lose any sleep over your opinion.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MikeTheCubed

Still not necessarily convinced with Parker but our starts to the first and second half were much improved, and while there was a lack of cutting edge today his hands were somewhat tied. Happy for us to grind out 1-0s as opposed to being a "pretty football" team with largely inconsistent results.

Woolly Mammoth

You cannot expect to dominate a whole 90 mins. Somewhere during the game an opposition will have a good spell, that's Football 11 v 11. It's the scoreline at the end of the game that counts. It's a simple game, with object of the exercise is to score more goals than your opponent. Which today we did, that is why a clean sheet and a clean pillow case is essential. The defence is the launching pad.
On another day we could have scored 5, it was careless finishing that was the difference, we just needed more poise in front of goal on this occasion, thats not Scott Parker's fault. He managed the game well, and we were all nervous towards the end as we needed a second goal to give us a little daylight between us and them.
So I imagine he was as nervous as the next man, but stayed calm under pressure which is always a lesson to note.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Got it spot on with his decisions tonight.
Felt a bit sorry for him late on the game as after spending the week getting the set up right he must have been a bit worried the players hadn't won more comfortably.
The manager can only get them on to the pitch,its up to them then to finish the job.
These misses can count in the end,still 8 goals GD shy of the top two,we should really have halved that tonight.
But great performance, and that was down to our young manager who is learning his trade.
In Scotty I trust. 049:gif

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: fulhamben on January 17, 2020, 10:20:52 PM
There is this thing called "getting tired". This was a good 90 minutes. Score should have been 2-0.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

Worcesterwhite

Got to agree really enjoyed watching us tonight, we played with real intensity and a high tempo makes such a difference. Thought Kmac was class and made a real difference, his distribution and interceptions were excellent. Hector also brilliant, he really attacks the ball and organises the defense. Also thought Knockaert put a real shift in, both going forward and tracking back.