watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The reaction to last nights result

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, January 23, 2020, 08:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

You put 11 players on the pitch. Are they all 100% fit? unknown to us but the manager knows. Cairney has come in for a lot of stick lately but he has only just returned from a calf injury. Is he fully fit? I doubt it. Arter has been out for at least 2 months with something similar. Is he fully fit.? Probably not. There is only one way to get fit for matches that is to play

Milo

Still defend my stance that Charlton offered nothing and we should have been more attacking. We had the players to keep our 4-3-3 formation if we rejigged a bit. Parker did this too late and at a time where we were in a lull. We couldn't then get out of that lull in time to break down two banks of 4.

ALG01

I am not sure what was said last night because I did not read it all.

I am not sure what this post is about either because last night's display was frankly abysmal.
The young manager showed a remarkable lack of imagintion with team selection, the players all seemed to manage to choose poor options and misplaced passes, even in the lasyt moment Kmac from a throw in deep in Charlton's hal;f threw the ball such that ream was immediately under pressure lost the ball and led to a difficult late situation when could just as easily played forward and tried for a late goal.

In the grans scheme it was a third clean sheet on the spin but that was because the opposition was so very poor.

Our forwards, so called looked clueless and Cav showed in spectacualr fashion why wolves were happy to let him go.

TC is pushed way too far up the pitch but enough of our best chances came with thih his assistance. If parker continus to play just behind the forwards he may as well not play him because that is not his position, he needs to play much deeper to be able to affect the game to his best.

Bryan continues to be a force going forward but not much of a defender but the truth was parker got team selection and substitutions wrong. That is not hysterical but a fact. His options are limited but people like me that say TK is clueless in not getting a replacement center forward are being shown to be right because we have nobody at all to slip into that role and parker will not play a youngster as I think Slav might have done, or at least bring him on wiith 20 to go.

It's done now but I fear for us on sunday if that i what we did against charlton.

Mr K.Dilkington

It is weird how some people now say we've got no chance of auto,because of the draw. Many games still to play and if Leeds sign no striker then even better.
Foolish ham

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 23, 2020, 03:05:02 PM
God forbid what you will all be like next season if we get promoted and start getting slapped 6-0 by Liverpool

I would quite happily settle now for defeat at Wembley and another year in a division where any team can beat the other team as there are no fancy money swilling, money laundering tycoon

Or perhaps you might like the Khans to seel out to Isabel dos Santos (check her out) then we could buy all the best players in the world

I have checked her out and she isn't a bad looker, and is alleged to be the richest woman in Africa.
Sounds good to me, and would certainly let her buy me a pint if she insisted.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

Funny, I was a little surprised by a fair number of fans venting their frustration at the final whistle.  I thought CAFC coould easily of nicked a win so settled for the point.  What a contrast to all those games in the past when we silently trudged out of some far flung place after another away defeat.  For some reason, Swansea away in the 80s (?) sticks with me following relegation after a gutless or clueless performance.  Life was far simpler back then.

WindyCity

I didn't see 'hysterical'.  But I did see a lot of disappointment, myself included.  Playing the injury card is easy to do.  BUT, every team has injuries, and from what I believe was said about the Charlton game, Charlton also had many key players out and was fielding what someone called a League One or Two squad.

I'm sorry, but FFC surely had the players and talent necessary to secure three points.  It almost appeared FFC playing for a draw?  This was a game that easily should have resulted in three points.  I would say a disappointing result.  Not hysterical, but disappointing.  And something not surprising, as for the course of this season "inconsistency". has been FFC's middle name.

Matt10

I think Parker's comments after the match were a perfect reflection on how I felt:

Quote"I have sat in in this seat after matches this year where we have had a lot of control and we have still come away with a defeat because someone has hit us on the break.

"I think we were really solid and that's a big positive.

full press conference: http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/january/22/scott-parker-press conference-charlton

That part stuck with me because I've felt that after multiple matches this season. Those matches hurt more than not scoring, or winning, when we should have. Still have a sour taste from Brentford and Reading for example. The missed scoring chances were one thing, but Christie's last second deflection for the corner was pivotal to me as Williams would've surely scored the winner.

joef

You know what I'm guilty. It's just the disappointment I feel when we lose. I sulk, I get grumpy, I'm pessimistic... all of which are opposite to my natural state. Fulham just gets to me that way, but I love the club, everyone in it and all the fans. I need to learn to give it 24 hours after a result until I post, when I tend to have reverted back to my 'everything's great, isn't life a blast' mindset.
COYW

Matt10

Quote from: joef on January 23, 2020, 07:40:46 PM
You know what I'm guilty. It's just the disappointment I feel when we lose. I sulk, I get grumpy, I'm pessimistic... all of which are opposite to my natural state. Fulham just gets to me that way, but I love the club, everyone in it and all the fans. I need to learn to give it 24 hours after a result until I post, when I tend to have reverted back to my 'everything's great, isn't life a blast' mindset.
COYW

That's a fair assessment of yourself. I try to do the same, but at the same time I've also made a rule that I do not post in the evening. My head isn't as clear and I'm usually distracted. Have done okay so far, but could be a lot better :) .

joef

Quote from: Matt10 on January 23, 2020, 07:48:04 PM
COYW

That's a fair assessment of yourself. I try to do the same, but at the same time I've also made a rule that I do not post in the evening. My head isn't as clear and I'm usually distracted. Have done okay so far, but could be a lot better :) .

This is a sound but of advice that I am going to adopt 👍🏻

FFC1987

COYW

Amen. I'm the same!

Nero

My disappointment was with the subs, yes TC wasnt haven't a good game but is far more likely to bend one in from the edge of the area or play a defence-splitting pass then stefo who job it is to kick people and win the ball we had the ball we just weren't using it well, fine take TC off but bring on DLT or move BDR and bring on Stansfied a goal scorer not leave him until the 87th minute. Parker just seemed to be happy with a 0-0 and not trying to win the game

HV71

My disappointment was with the subs, yes TC wasnt haven't a good game but is far more likely to bend one in from the edge of the area or play a defence-splitting pass then stefo who job it is to kick people and win the ball we had the ball we just weren't using it well, fine take TC off but bring on DLT or move BDR and bring on Stansfied a goal scorer not leave him until the 87th minute. Parker just seemed to be happy with a 0-0 and not trying to win the game

100 % agree with this post
It wasn't the draw but the fact that we didn't gamble and go for the win.

Logicalman

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 23, 2020, 10:28:46 AM
I could understand you suggesting people are hysterical if calling for Parkers head was mentioned, sacking TK or saying it was a disaster, doom and gloom scenario, but the overwhelmin responses, including my own said it was a poor performance and a missed opportunity which, I'm not sure how else you can describe it. Charlton hadn't kept a clean sheet in 11 games, (I think) and are 20th in form table so it's not unreasonable with this team to think 3 points was what should be expected. Oh well, just need to rely on other teams slipping up again to keep us within distance as slipping back after playing Charlton is hardly a good thing for a team hunting for automatic.

.. and we have already witnessed such miracles, check out the last 6 game form of the current incumbents of the  two 'automatics'
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

In our last 8 competitive matches we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 1.
So I deduce with my high intellect mental arithmetic brain that based on the results of those matches, we may and could reach 84 points, that's another 35 points added on to the current 49. So that's around 2 points a game on average, which sounds about right, so is 84 points enough.   
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on January 24, 2020, 02:37:39 AM
In our last 8 competitive matches we have won 5 drawn 2 and lost 1.
So I deduce with my high intellect mental arithmetic brain that based on the results of those matches, we may and could reach 84 points, that's another 35 points added on to the current 49. So that's around 2 points a game on average, which sounds about right, so is 84 points enough.

As for playoffs, 75 points are probably enough 7 wins, 5 draws and 5 losses. If we cannot get that, we aren't going to win the playoffs.

As for Automatic Promotion, 84 points is not enough if two teams achieve:
WBA 9 wins, 5 draws and 4 losses (85 points)
Leeds 10 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses (85 points)
Fulham 11 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses (85 points)
Forest 11 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses (85 points)
Brentford 11 wins, 4 draws and 3 losses (84 points & maintain goal difference lead)

For automatic promotion, we really need 12 wins in our last 17 games, which is not easy as teams will "Park the Bus" once we stop conceding. Let's say we win our next six games with clean sheets, from then on every team will be aiming for a point and we need to get 6 wins from the last 11 games (that include Preston, Bristol, Brentford, Leeds, Forest, Cardiff, WBA, Wednesday & plus 3 lower ranked teams). Stoke and Hull were a model for how teams have played us in order to win that seems fixed, but Charlton's method could be how teams play us in order to get a point or how Leeds/WBA stop us getting 3 points.

RaySmith

All we can do , as the manager says, is focus on our own games, one game at a time as the saying goes, and try to get good result from each one.

If we lose a game, or even 'only' get a point  where a  win was expected -usually a home game, then we don't give up, or go into a shell, but resolve to do better in the next game, which is what Scott and the team have been doing.

There will inevitably be ups and downs along the way, for all the teams involved in this very closely fought promotion contest, but its probably who copes  best with the downs who  will win out in the end.

colinwhite

We are on a run and although we should have beaten charlton it didnt happen and they were very hard to break down. It is what it is. Can we still win automatic promotion ? Of course we can.

RaySmith

Quote from: colinwhite on January 24, 2020, 06:02:32 AM
We are on a run and although we should have beaten charlton it didnt happen and they were very hard to break down. It is what it is. Can we still win automatic promotion ? Of course we can.

Agree - we still have a great chance for automatic, just need to stay focused, and hope we don't get too many more injuries - but we have a decent squad now.