watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

First Team

Started by ByTheRiver, January 26, 2020, 01:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Now going to have to run ragged just to keep it semi respectable. Possibly causing injury, definitely causing tiredness for the important games ahead.

Now do the numpties going on about 'no surrender' and such nonsense understand? Maybe that will if today ends up costing promotion (and, as such, Mitro and co).

Buffalo76

Just park the bus now, keep the scoreline respectable and focus on the bigger picture which is Huddersfield next Saturday.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Buffalo76 on January 26, 2020, 01:18:43 PM
Just park the bus now, keep the scoreline respectable and focus on the bigger picture which is Huddersfield next Saturday.

Agreed, but as pointed out all week, the time to concentrate on Huddersfield was this week. Leave the team at home, play the youth and fringe players. We are not going to win the cup, we do NEED promotion this year, why risk everything for some outdated romantic notion. Parking the bus is going to code a lot of energy from this point.

Absolute joke tbh.

Statto

Buffalo76

Hopefully Knocky and Arter will be available for next weekend. Not so sure about Mitro though. Mawson or Odoi should be back in the team.

Dodgin

I do recall we were 2 down before against the same opposition

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Dodgin on January 26, 2020, 01:26:21 PM

In a game we desperately had to win to survive. We desperately have to win against Huddersfield in a few days, we don't today. What impact do you think today will have on Hector and the rest of the defence? On morale and energy levels for the squad?

charlieFFC

Yep we said it the other day - this is a terrible situation going into second half.

We keep flying in with challenges and someone is going to get sent off or injured.

I would be taking off Cav and Reid at half time / early in second half to avoid anything happening to them.

charlieFFC

What a joke. Was going to add Bryan to that post above but now looks like he has picked up a knock.

sigh

Plodder

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:17:23 PM
Now going to have to run ragged just to keep it semi respectable. Possibly causing injury, definitely causing tiredness for the important games ahead.

Now do the numpties going on about 'no surrender' and such nonsense understand? Maybe that will if today ends up costing promotion (and, as such, Mitro and co).

So what do you think the team should do? Walk off the pitch?  Don't think you're much of a Fulham supporter if you call some of us "numpties" because we want the team to try to win matches.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on January 26, 2020, 02:14:23 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 01:17:23 PM

So what do you think the team should do? Walk off the pitch?  Don't think you're much of a Fulham supporter if you call some of us "numpties" because we want the team to try to win matches.

I want us to win matches. Matches that are important. So, at the moment, matches in the Championship.

What do I want them to do? Walk off? No. As I've said all week. The first team shouldn't be out there. Simple, really.

ByTheRiver

Exactly the point a few of us have been making all week. What effect on the Hector's confidence? On the defence on the whole? Who were flying after three clean sheets, almost a brand new start these last few weeks, now on to Huddersfield riddled with doubts.

Absolute joke and so predictable.

Plodder

It was predictable, but not an absolute joke. Worse for morale would have ben to surrender before the game.  Just to be provocative, let's not select any first team players against Huddersfield next week, because if they lose, that may affect their confidence for future matches.  And I doubt they will have recovered fully after six days rest.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Plodder on January 26, 2020, 03:01:57 PM
It was predictable, but not an absolute joke. Worse for morale would have ben to surrender before the game.  Just to be provocative, let's not select any first team players against Huddersfield next week, because if they lose, that may affect their confidence for future matches.  And I doubt they will have recovered fully after six days rest.

The Huddersfield match is important. This wasn't. We were not going to win the cup (or win today. Whereas we will lose players if not promoted this year, making promotion more difficult next year, then the para huge payments stop and the squad is decimated. We are then, essentially, on a playing field with Preston and the like.

Not sure why this is so difficult to grasp.

alfie

Quote from: Dodgin on January 26, 2020, 01:26:21 PM
Wasn't the same players though
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't