watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Matt O’Riley

Started by Facts Not Fiction, January 26, 2020, 01:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Biggest disappointment from today is the omission of O'Riley again. Something must be going on behind the scenes. Hopefully it's a injury, and not the rumoured agent issues and transfer rumour.

Tabby

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on January 26, 2020, 01:53:27 PM
Biggest disappointment from today is the omission of O'Riley again. Something must be going on behind the scenes. Hopefully it's a injury, and not the rumoured agent issues and transfer rumour.

He reportedly decided to stay the season because of a talk with Parker, where I assume he was promised a chance at first team football. Only got to play one game in the cup and half a game in the championship so far. He is out of contract in the summer and I don't expect him to sign a new one.

The Rational Fan

I think it was a mistake not to put him on loan this season, realistically Parker wasn't going to risk a player needing experience. A player like Jerome Opoku has shown he is at least a good league one player at left back, and probably can be a good player at Fulham if we ever lose parchate payments like  QPR did this year.

We need to develop a bunch of juniors for 2021/22, because last time we didn't have parchate payments and compiled with FFP rules was back in the Micky Adams days. I don't want Jay Stansfield and Matt Riley and others to come through now, I want them to replace Mitro, Cairney and others when they leave.

Our Juniors should be aiming to get the Premier League 2 team promoted.