https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how was kongolo?

Started by fulhamben, January 26, 2020, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Quote from: bog on January 27, 2020, 09:26:47 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 27, 2020, 08:58:29 AM
Yes, good pace, and desire, to get back, and good timing in the sliding tackle - using his long legs, to take the ball without touching the man  and giving away a pen.
Reminded me of Eddie Lowe.

Was there ever a more quiet very efficient player than steady Eddie? A great servant to the club.  I recall on the eve of his last game for us he was interviewed on the BBC.

Reg Matthewson
John Dempsey
Aaron Hughes
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

@jolslover

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on January 27, 2020, 05:27:29 PM
Very encouraging. He put in one of the best timed tackles I've seen from a Fulham player for a very long time.

Agree - tackle for anyone who didn't see
STH H3

filham

Quote from: bog on January 27, 2020, 09:26:47 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 27, 2020, 08:58:29 AM
Yes, good pace, and desire, to get back, and good timing in the sliding tackle - using his long legs, to take the ball without touching the man  and giving away a pen.
Reminded me of Eddie Lowe.

Was there ever a more quiet very efficient player than steady Eddie? A great servant to the club.  I recall on the eve of his last game for us he was interviewed on the BBC.
It has been a long wait for "Sticks 11" to appear.

Fernhurst

Telescopic legs, very useful.
Look forward to seeing him perform for us again.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Lighthouse

Looked much better as a unit at the back when he and Hector were playing without Ream. Both seem to cover a lot of ground and have to cover for other players. But when Ream is playing he just no longer seems to read the game so well. Hasn't for the last couple of seasons.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FulhamStu

Looking forward to a settled back 4, assuming no full backs are signed of:

Odoi—Hector—Kongolo—Bryan

Front 3 of:

Knockers—Mitro—Cav

Midfield:

Cairney—Reed—Reid

Midfieldis the hardest to pick as would be happy for Arter or StefJo to slot in and KMac has done really well
Personally I still think Onomah is slightly behind the rest, but only just !

With Rodak in goal, Parker has an 11 that has to seriously challenge for top 2.
Our bench is without doubt extremely strong as well.  Kongolo and Hector are s huge upgrade in a vital area.

RaySmith

Our defence has been a weak point for so long, but now we seem to be getting somewhere.

Well done all concerned in getting these players in.

LittleErn

Quote from: FulhamStu on January 28, 2020, 01:23:03 PM

Front 3 of:

Knockers—Mitro—Cav

Midfield:

Cairney—Reed—Reid

Midfieldis the hardest to pick as would be happy for Arter or StefJo to slot in and KMac has done really well

Our bench is without doubt extremely strong as well.  Kongolo and Hector are s huge upgrade in a vital area.

Agree with most of this, but I have a worry about the front three. Each is a fine player, but do they gel together? Neither Knockaert nor Cav make a habit of putting in crosses, low or at head height, which limits Mitro's potential threat. He becomes a hold-up man which is a criminal waste of his ability to put the ball in the net. I don't know what the answer is but I have a feeling that Mitro would do better if we had a traditional winger putting crosses in.

FulhamStu

Quote from: LittleErn on January 28, 2020, 03:51:22 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on January 28, 2020, 01:23:03 PM

Front 3 of:

Knockers—Mitro—Cav

Midfield:

Cairney—Reed—Reid

Agree with most of this, but I have a worry about the front three. Each is a fine player, but do they gel together? Neither Knockaert nor Cav make a habit of putting in crosses, low or at head height, which limits Mitro's potential threat. He becomes a hold-up man which is a criminal waste of his ability to put the ball in the net. I don't know what the answer is but I have a feeling that Mitro would do better if we had a traditional winger putting crosses in.

You make a good point, one thing you could do is play Knockers on the left and Cav on the right and encourage them to go outside their fullback, this encourages more dangerous crosses.  For me, I would just mix it up more.  They nearly always cut inside and this is becoming very predictable.  All that said, Mitro has 18 goals playing mostly with them so something must be working.

Riversider

Is there an agreement in place for us to sign him at the end of the loan or is it a straight forward loan ?

Tabby

Quote from: Riversider on January 28, 2020, 04:42:18 PM
Is there an agreement in place for us to sign him at the end of the loan or is it a straight forward loan ?

Has been no indication that there is any clauses in the loan from either the Huddersfield or Fulham statements, so I don't think so.