watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how was kongolo?

Started by fulhamben, January 26, 2020, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

I only caught last ten on telly, so how did he play. Does he look like an upgrade on ream, and did he go off injured
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ByTheRiver

Looked decent. Good start in difficult circumstances.

Logicalman

Yup, looked competent, even against Citeh, so should do us proud for the remaining season. Pity we cannot play him against Huddersfield, but C'est la vie.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 03:15:22 PM

good to know. And it can only get easier from here on in, playing city away on debut would be a baptism of fire at any time, let alone after going a player down
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Finnans Right Peg

Thougt he did very well some  good tackles .Think him and hector can be huge for us .

Think he went off due to tiredness with lack of game time

grandad

Quite impressed. Huge upgrade on Ream even before his stupid red card. I expect he will partner Hector as our best 2 CB's. However he can't play vs Huddersfield so with ream out for 3 matches I expect Mawson to come in with Hector
Where there's a will there's a wife

Mince n Tatties

Him and Hector to blame for 3rd and 4th goal.
Would have been more respectable 2-0 otherwise.
This messing about at the back is getting ridiculous.

hovewhite

Thought he was fairly solid today.

Whitestone

He was decent considering he hasn't played for a while and we were up against the Premier League champions. Too early to judge but really hope he can form a good partnership with Hector.

Fernhurst

"This messing about at the back is getting ridiculous."

Not sure it was envisaged our tactics included getting pressed for the ball in our own six yard box!!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

DevonFFC

He put in a fantastic last ditch tackle when City broke free into the box, showed great pace to get back and get a tackle in

bog

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 27, 2020, 08:43:23 AM
He put in a fantastic last ditch tackle when City broke free into the box, showed great pace to get back and get a tackle in

Yes a proper last ditch tackle that was. Danny Murphy was well impressed.   

RaySmith

Yes, good pace, and desire, to get back, and good timing in the sliding tackle - using his long legs, to take the ball without touching the man  and giving away a pen.
Reminded me of Eddie Lowe.

bog

Quote from: RaySmith on January 27, 2020, 08:58:29 AM
Yes, good pace, and desire, to get back, and good timing in the sliding tackle - using his long legs, to take the ball without touching the man  and giving away a pen.

Was there ever a more quiet very efficient player than steady Eddie? A great servant to the club.  I recall on the eve of his last game for us he was interviewed on the BBC.

RaySmith

He was one of my favourite Fulham players back then,  someone i tried to model my own play on as a wing-half, with his steady consistency, and those sliding tackles with his long legs.

I still have a mental image of him running back , skinny legs pumping, to foil an attack, a leg snaking out to win the ball  with a perfectly timed tackle - that's why kongolo reminded  me of him yesterday.

cottage expat

Quote from: bog on January 27, 2020, 09:26:47 AM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 27, 2020, 08:58:29 AM

Was there ever a more quiet very efficient player than steady Eddie? A great servant to the club.  I recall on the eve of his last game for us he was interviewed on the BBC.

Ditto. Definitely one of my favorites, along with Jim  Langley.

filham

We have been crying out for a couple of strong centre backs for some seasons now, is it possible that at last we have two with Hector and Kongolo ?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 26, 2020, 03:15:22 PM

Totally agree, considering it was his first game for a long time he did well and I think he only went off due to cramp, looks a good addition to the back 4.

PS. He's got a lot more hair than Eddie Lowe!

MikeW

Quote from: filham on January 27, 2020, 05:18:37 PM
We have been crying out for a couple of strong centre backs for some seasons now, is it possible that at last we have two with Hector and Kongolo ?

I think we do.  But don't ask them to suddenly acquire balls skills they do not possess;  'Big strong centre backs'.  That's what they are.  Let's use them properly.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Dr Quinzel

Very encouraging. He put in one of the best timed tackles I've seen from a Fulham player for a very long time.