watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where Parker upset me today

Started by Riversider, January 26, 2020, 09:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Slavisa didn't change the Fulham tactics of possession and playing out from the back at City last season in the Prem, and we conceded inside five minutes - I was there.

The City manager  praised Fulham for trying to play football, and not parking the bus,  on that occasion too.

I actually think we made more of game of it last Saturday than on that occasion.

I Ronic

Quote from: RaySmith on January 29, 2020, 11:40:13 AM
Slavisa didn't change the Fulham tactics of possession and playing out from the back at City last season in the Prem, and we conceded inside five minutes - I was there.

The City manager  praised Fulham for trying to play football, and not parking the bus,  on that occasion too.

I actually think we made more of game of it last Saturday than on that occasion.

:54:

toshes mate

Quote from: colinwhite on January 28, 2020, 04:59:31 PM
The point remains though Riversider . You cant put it down to the manager when we lose,and down to individual brilliance which has nothing to do with Parker when we win. Its always a mixture of the two. I think Parker is learning. It could have been better. so far  but it also could have been worse. There would be no guarantee with any of the mentioned managers, and the question of budget is actually not really relevant because if man City reasoned like that Guardiola would have benn ditched by now. You have to look at the whole picture.
I share the frustration at times but I dont think  its all down to Parker . In all hes done resaonably well and  if had he had  had more luck with injuries who knows where we would be now.For me the most important thing is that the players seem to be completely behind him.
Concur with you except for the last sentence.  Whilst I agree that trying to argue that another manager/head coach would have done better/worse with the same squad is ultimately futile because you cannot play the season out again,  I don''t consider injuries to change things any more than tactical nous influences progress by taking us one step forward especially when it takes us two or more steps backward because it is misguided.  Parker has to expect injuries and have a better plan to overcome them.  Likewise if his methods are not aiding consistency in performance (rather than results which are rattling aound at about 1.65 PPG) then he must accept responsibility for failing to achieve what is ultimately his role as the man in charge - improvement in all areas of play and players. 

Jokanovic achieved through innovation and having players understand his footballing brain or be sent to the fringes until they paid attention.  Compare that to Parker's obsession with very mediocre performances from individuals being hyped up for no good reason.  He even managed to do it after the game on Sunday and for no very good reason.  Compare his attitude post game to what Bilic had to say last night for example.     

fulhamfan

Of course he praised us. He won easily! Managers always do that when they don't see us as threatening at all. I find it condescending.
That game was a walk in the park for them as was the game on Sunday.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on January 29, 2020, 11:15:58 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on January 29, 2020, 10:45:08 AM
So if we do get up to first you will then think SP is a "decent manager " ? Just asking !
For the record I think parker is ok ,nothing more ,nothing less.

100% yes.
Or even if we finished a convincing 2nd.

But despite the gap to 2nd closing, we're quite far from that. We're 4th, just as close to 8th as we are to the top 2nd, and the bookies still have quite long odds on us going up (about 3-1) given we're in the middle of a particularly easy run of games at the moment.

And for the record, as I've said many times, I don't have any serious personal problems with Parker. My view is simply that (a) his performance so far has been below reasonable expectations and (b) the jury is still out on whether he has the inherent ability to develop into a good manager in the long-term.

Everyone knows Parker is inexperienced and that inexperience is costing us points. The problem is by the time he has the experience, we will be the underdogs in terms of budget and players. It's very hard to get out of this division without high earning players, but we need parachute payments or a massive sale do that we have both this season. If Parker hangs around long enough, he'll be praised for getting us to the playoffs with no budget has and he'll leave for a better team.

Without TV money, our turnover is around £20m per year with maximium losses of £13m, so our 2021/22 budget for wages and amortisation is about £33m (which is less than we spent in 2000/01 at CPI).

The last time we got promoted into the top tier on the budget FFP requires without parchaute payment or major player sale was in 1958/59.

RaySmith

Quote from: fulhamross on January 29, 2020, 11:54:32 AM

Of course he praised us. He won easily! Managers always do that when they don't see us as threatening at all. I find it condescending.

I was just making the point that he praised us on both occasions - he obviously likes  tams to gp there and play like that, thus being easy to beat.

I would prefer us to park the bus, but did we have the personnel to do this?

Whatever, i was mainly making the point that Slavisa played in exactly the same, foolhardy some would say, attacking way, that Parker is now being slaughtered for.

fulhamben

Quote from: RaySmith on January 29, 2020, 12:13:12 PM

I was just making the point that he praised us on both occasions - he obviously likes  tams to gp there and play like that, thus being easy to beat.

Whatever, i was mainly making the point that Slavisa played in exactly the same, foolhardy some would say, attacking way, that Parker is now being slaughtered for.
yes and Slav got sacked for it.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

We are pretty much in agreement Statto

colinwhite

Quote from: toshes mate on January 29, 2020, 11:53:54 AM
Quote from: colinwhite on January 28, 2020, 04:59:31 PM
The point remains though Riversider . You cant put it down to the manager when we lose,and down to individual brilliance which has nothing to do with Parker when we win. Its always a mixture of the two. I think Parker is learning. It could have been better. so far  but it also could have been worse. There would be no guarantee with any of the mentioned managers, and the question of budget is actually not really relevant because if man City reasoned like that Guardiola would have benn ditched by now. You have to look at the whole picture.
I share the frustration at times but I dont think  its all down to Parker . In all hes done resaonably well and  if had he had  had more luck with injuries who knows where we would be now.For me the most important thing is that the players seem to be completely behind him.
Concur with you except for the last sentence.  Whilst I agree that trying to argue that another manager/head coach would have done better/worse with the same squad is ultimately futile because you cannot play the season out again,  I don''t consider injuries to change things any more than tactical nous influences progress by taking us one step forward especially when it takes us two or more steps backward because it is misguided.  Parker has to expect injuries and have a better plan to overcome them.  Likewise if his methods are not aiding consistency in performance (rather than results which are rattling aound at about 1.65 PPG) then he must accept responsibility for failing to achieve what is ultimately his role as the man in charge - improvement in all areas of play and players. 

Jokanovic achieved through innovation and having players understand his footballing brain or be sent to the fringes until they paid attention.  Compare that to Parker's obsession with very mediocre performances from individuals being hyped up for no good reason.  He even managed to do it after the game on Sunday and for no very good reason.  Compare his attitude post game to what Bilic had to say last night for example.     

ok then we are pretty much on the same page, but my last point is crucial and that is that he has the players with him. Havent seen the Billic quote but I ll take your word for it.

RaySmith

Quote from: fulhamben on January 29, 2020, 01:39:27 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on January 29, 2020, 12:13:12 PM

yes and Slav got sacked for it.

I thought the Huddersfield away game was the crucial one, where we just didn't turn up - a game we were expected to get something from, unlike at City.

Neither Slavisa nor Parker would be sacked for not getting a result at City i shouldn't think.

epsomraver

Quote from: colinwhite on January 26, 2020, 09:10:46 PM
What if hes not up to it and cant cope. The kids seventeen with no experience and you want him brought on in a game where hes barely going to touch the ball and with little chance  to succeed  . That would have been truely irresponsible.On the bench was a great experience . his time will come if he is good enough.
0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg 0001.jpeg