watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Where Parker upset me today

Started by Riversider, January 26, 2020, 09:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

In Jay Stansfield we have the hottest property in youth football, without a doubt the Premier League elite are already keeping tabs on him,
So with the game already well and truly lost why were we not bringing Stansfield on instead of either Odoi or Cairney ?
What an opportunity today to give a young lad 20 minutes in the spotlight,  what harm could it have possibly done ?
We've already lost Roberts, Dembele and Elliot to bigger clubs in the last few years Parker had a chance today to make Stansfield feel welcome and firmly part of the first team squad,
I couldn't give a damn about The F.A Cup and I'm pleased that were out of it, but I am upset that Parker messed up a golden opportunity to give a young lad his moment today.

BestOfBrede

Yeah great...
Put him on with time to shine only to put him in the shop window - or should I say Spuds window!

Skatzoffc

For me the game to play him was Wednesday. But he gave him about 3 minutes, when he should have had 20, as Charlton were there for the taking.

Massively frustrating.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

colinwhite

What if hes not up to it and cant cope. The kids seventeen with no experience and you want him brought on in a game where hes barely going to touch the ball and with little chance  to succeed  . That would have been truely irresponsible.On the bench was a great experience . his time will come if he is good enough.

HV71

Take your point about today Colin but Wednesday night was different - it was calling for something different upfront  and 20 minutes would have been great for the lad.

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on January 26, 2020, 09:10:46 PM
What if hes not up to it and cant cope. The kids seventeen with no experience and you want him brought on in a game where hes barely going to touch the ball and with little chance  to succeed  . That would have been truely irresponsible.On the bench was a great experience . his time will come if he is good enough.
if that's the case then he shouldn't be on our bench.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

We never lose, we either win or learn.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

Absolutely spot on. If it wasn't for injuries to Mitro, Knockaert, Kamara and Kebano he wouldn't be anywhere near the bench. Nonetheless a great experience for him but we really shouldn't be pinning our hopes on a kid that has just turned 17.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Whitestone on January 26, 2020, 10:26:36 PM

Totally agree.

Absolutely spot on. If it wasn't for injuries to Mitro, Knockaert, Kamara and Kebano he wouldn't be anywhere near the bench. Nonetheless a great experience for him but we really shouldn't be pinning our hopes on a kid that has just turned 17.

colinwhite

He was on the bench because hes the best weve got ,with all the injuries. Doesnt make it right to ply him.

Riversider

Quote from: colinwhite on January 27, 2020, 05:34:54 AM
He was on the bench because hes the best weve got ,with all the injuries. Doesnt make it right to ply him.

So why put him on the bench ?
The game was long gone after 70 minutes, a real bonus no pressure situation for both Stansfield and Fulham Football Club,  there won't be another situation like that for the rest of the season,
The youngsters at Liverpool all get given opportunities it wouldn't have hurt to have given Stansfield 20 minutes in a game that was now a dead rubber,
We had plenty to gain and absolutely nothing to lose.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: colinwhite on January 27, 2020, 05:34:54 AM

It is good to put him on the bench like Matt Riley, but if he hasn't signed for next season, we play him and he plays well, the ManCity will offer him a contract too.

filham

Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2020, 09:33:07 PM
I agree, I can never understand how game after game on the bench provides better experience than sitting in the stand.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on January 27, 2020, 06:00:09 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on January 26, 2020, 09:33:07 PM
I agree, I can never understand how game after game on the bench provides better experience than sitting in the stand.
its probably worse isn't it. Sit them all game just to see a defender come on instead of you
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

colinwhite

He s a young player and Parker is working with his development,which in this case is more important than our needs on the pitch,since it was all over. Actually he had everything to lose and not much  to gain against City. Its aquestion of respect for him ,his fellow players and the opposition. We dont know  his status and most people commenting on here clearly dont understand how this process works either. Parker was protecting the boy.

Riversider

Quote from: colinwhite on January 27, 2020, 06:15:49 PM
He s a young player and Parker is working with his development,which in this case is more important than our needs on the pitch,since it was all over. Actually he had everything to lose and not much  to gain against City. Its aquestion of respect for him ,his fellow players and the opposition. We dont know  his status and most people commenting on here clearly dont understand how this process works either. Parker was protecting the boy.

How is putting him on the bench and leaving him on the bench protecting him ? Protecting him from what ?
It was our last meaningless game of the season , every game remaining now is mega important, Sunday for 20 minutes was the chance for Jay, that chance has now gone.

HV71

... his development needs to be managed and protected but why did he get 10 minutes against Villa and three against Charlton - I just don't understand the strategy - we needed an injection against Charlton- but not so much against Villa in the cup . Just scratching my head trying to understand

colinwhite

You cant look for a strategy when you dont know the status of the player or what has been going on behind the scenes. As far as the protection issue is concerned its complicated . Dont expect him to play any more this season. As soon as the other players come back he wont be on the bench. These things take time and at the moment he has a positive experience of first team football,and hes been on the bench for a few games and got a taste.

Barrett487

Quote from: Riversider on January 26, 2020, 09:00:56 PM
In Jay Stansfield we have the hottest property in youth football, without a doubt the Premier League elite are already keeping tabs on him,
So with the game already well and truly lost why were we not bringing Stansfield on instead of either Odoi or Cairney ?
What an opportunity today to give a young lad 20 minutes in the spotlight,  what harm could it have possibly done ?
We've already lost Roberts, Dembele and Elliot to bigger clubs in the last few years Parker had a chance today to make Stansfield feel welcome and firmly part of the first team squad,
I couldn't give a damn about The F.A Cup and I'm pleased that were out of it, but I am upset that Parker messed up a golden opportunity to give a young lad his moment today.

:plus one:

totally agree, apart from the fa cup dismissal

Logicalman

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 26, 2020, 09:03:32 PM
Yeah great...
Put him on with time to shine only to put him in the shop window - or should I say Spuds window!

That was my first thought as well.
Far from make him a safer option for the future, I get the feeling it could easily have backfired in the end. Just an opinion, doesn't mean it's right!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.