watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

man city game no scapegoats

Started by ALG01, January 28, 2020, 09:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALG01

when the team line up was announced my overwhelming thought was if you pick a team that is bound to lose and has no intent to win, then why not play more bit part players and reserves. I cannot for one second imagine parker thought tht was his strongest side on the day.

to give city even a rudimentary difficult afternoon parker needed to use way more imagination and in the first minute we saw ream attempting to overcome the famous man city high press and play us straight into difficulty. that went on the whole game
ream clearly didn't look right in the tunnel coming out and guess what, he was sent off for the first time ever in english football.... I actually think jesus comits the first foul elbowing ream and unfairly holding him off but in modern footbal, even with VAR, the bigger team will always get a decision like that.

I will not go into detail of the individuals on the pitch, because it is gone now, but Parker risked many of our first team to needless injury with no intentio of giving ciy a game. we could have let betts and some of the youngsters at least show what they are capable of and honour would have been equally well served.

if we were really putting out our best team TC and Odoi would have strated and it was unkind to re-introduce sess to that game and despite what has been said elsewhere it looked to me he was a lost soul way out of his depth, and that was not his fault it was wrong to bring him back in an unocustomed position in a ridiculous line up. I would have played stansfield from the start, he at least is a proper forward and hs movement looked good when we saw him before.... parker got it very wrong and I am massively disapointed, he was at fault but let's see what he does on saturday, we are third and chasing for a top two after all!

filham

Time for us to stop talking about that City game and to start thinking about the important Huddersfield game.
The big question that should be on all our minds right now is will Mitro or Kamara be fit, if not what is Parkers game plan.

ByTheRiver

Most of the names already mentioned above. I will add though that Klopp is well on his way too as what he has done, with a relatively small net spend has been remarkable.

When you also consider that domestically he is up against the most expensively assembled squad in football history (City) and the world's most lucrative club (Utd) makes it more remarkable.

European finalists every year, enough point to have won the league nearly every year last year, more than a season (in terms of number of games) now. And that is maybe greater than Arsenal's 01 achievement as it's in a time when all of the clubs in the league have big money and can buy big international stars (Bournemouth and Brighton in the recent top 10 or world spending list!) rather than 4 or so big clubs and mostly mediocrity for the other games.

He's coached some fairly average players into world beaters too.

Still a way to go before he is listed alongside the other names above but feel he deserves a shout and all the plaudits heading his way at the end of the season.

St Eve

Quote from: ALG01 on January 28, 2020, 09:11:32 AM
when the team line up was announced my overwhelming thought was if you pick a team that is bound to lose and has no intent to win, then why not play more bit part players and reserves. I cannot for one second imagine parker thought tht was his strongest side on the day.

to give city even a rudimentary difficult afternoon parker needed to use way more imagination and in the first minute we saw ream attempting to overcome the famous man city high press and play us straight into difficulty. that went on the whole game
ream clearly didn't look right in the tunnel coming out and guess what, he was sent off for the first time ever in english football.... I actually think jesus comits the first foul elbowing ream and unfairly holding him off but in modern footbal, even with VAR, the bigger team will always get a decision like that.

I will not go into detail of the individuals on the pitch, because it is gone now, but Parker risked many of our first team to needless injury with no intentio of giving ciy a game. we could have let betts and some of the youngsters at least show what they are capable of and honour would have been equally well served.

if we were really putting out our best team TC and Odoi would have strated and it was unkind to re-introduce sess to that game and despite what has been said elsewhere it looked to me he was a lost soul way out of his depth, and that was not his fault it was wrong to bring him back in an unocustomed position in a ridiculous line up. I would have played stansfield from the start, he at least is a proper forward and hs movement looked good when we saw him before.... parker got it very wrong and I am massively disapointed, he was at fault but let's see what he does on saturday, we are third and chasing for a top two after all!
I agree. He should have picked a team that has a chance of winning. A little difficult to score without a striker

Fulham1959

Quote from: ByTheRiver on January 28, 2020, 11:44:18 AM
Most of the names already mentioned above. I will add though that Klopp is well on his way too as what he has done, with a relatively small net spend has been remarkable.

When you also consider that domestically he is up against the most expensively assembled squad in football history (City) and the world's most lucrative club (Utd) makes it more remarkable.

European finalists every year, enough point to have won the league nearly every year last year, more than a season (in terms of number of games) now. And that is maybe greater than Arsenal's 01 achievement as it's in a time when all of the clubs in the league have big money and can buy big international stars (Bournemouth and Brighton in the recent top 10 or world spending list!) rather than 4 or so big clubs and mostly mediocrity for the other games.

He's coached some fairly average players into world beaters too.

Still a way to go before he is listed alongside the other names above but feel he deserves a shout and all the plaudits heading his way at the end of the season.

I believe this belongs to another thread !

Matt10

Why are we still analyzing this game as if it wasn't skewed? We had 10 men. The gameplan went out the window. Let it go. I for one was very excited to see what we were going to do, and inside the first 5 minutes, it had a lot of promise. We were pressing very high and trying to force City off their game. Noone will ever know what could have been though - but I do know that we missed out on a chance to see something special.

ALG01

Quote from: Matt10 on January 28, 2020, 03:58:44 PM
Why are we still analyzing this game as if it wasn't skewed? We had 10 men. The gameplan went out the window. Let it go. I for one was very excited to see what we were going to do, and inside the first 5 minutes, it had a lot of promise. We were pressing very high and trying to force City off their game. Noone will ever know what could have been though - but I do know that we missed out on a chance to see something special.

I think it was a very good game to continue analysing.
It was the last game.
It exposed a whole range of problems in the squad and manager's thinking
It showed we need to re think tactics
And it showed we were clueless in the face of adversity

Ignoring it is to be like the big flightless bird when faced with danger.