watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jota

Started by Keefy, January 29, 2020, 08:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keefy

I see we're strongly linked with Jota from Villa...thoughts?

Sgt Fulham

When a team tries to 'offload' a player I am always worried. Admittedly I haven't been following his progress much but I haven't heard him do much since he left Brentford.

KJS

Southcoastffc

Is he 'just' a winger or could he play the TC role?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

ffcwickford

He played the TC role when at Brentford!

Penfold

Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 29, 2020, 08:51:30 PM

Described as attacking midfielder. Looked good against us for Brentford but a few years ago now. Believe we were linked with him when he went to Birmingham but Brentford didn't want to sell to Fulham.

The Swan

This player was great at Brentford and I was hoping we could sign him. He went to Birmingham and then on to Villa.
I still rate him. Tricky wide man with a good eye for a goal. Could put the ball right into the penalty area.
Lets hope we get him.
The Swan

[email protected]

Brentford fans would hate this. In the very little I've seen of Villa this year and when Jota's played, he's looked good. I think it was against Everton that he was the best player on the pitch, he set up a couple of goals and could have assisted a few more. I think the pace of the Premiership took his toll on him unfortunately. Still a good championship acquisition though, perhaps with the new of TC needing surgery, BDR will drop to the number 10 and it will be 3 of Mitro, Cav, Knock and Jota up top.

Whitesideup

Quote from: The Swan on January 29, 2020, 08:58:30 PM
This player was great at Brentford and I was hoping we could sign him. He went to Birmingham and then on to Villa.
I still rate him. Tricky wide man with a good eye for a goal. Could put the ball right into the penalty area.
Lets hope we get him.
But he plays instead of who? Or is he a squad player?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: ffcwickford on January 29, 2020, 08:53:41 PM
He played the TC role when at Brentford!
Quote from: Penfold on January 29, 2020, 08:55:49 PM
Quote from: Southcoastffc on January 29, 2020, 08:51:30 PM

Described as attacking midfielder. Looked good against us for Brentford but a few years ago now. Believe we were linked with him when he went to Birmingham but Brentford didn't want to sell to Fulham.
In which case, that's a very good acquisition if it happens.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Whitesideup on January 29, 2020, 09:04:38 PM
Quote from: The Swan on January 29, 2020, 08:58:30 PM
Lets hope we get him.
But he plays instead of who? Or is he a squad player?

I think Jota (pronounced Hota) is backup on the right instead of movinf Cav to the right and playing Reid or Kebano on the left. This will allow Kamara to focus on CF, Cav to focus on LW or backup CF amd Reid to focus on midfield or super sub Jota will replace Torres.

ByTheRiver

I would very much like this rumour to turn out to be true. Could fill many gaps and add some serious depth.

The loan space that signing Bobby freed up (with a view to signing at the end of the season)?

Fernhurst

perhaps with the news of TC needing surgery.

Is this for real?

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

filham

Sounds like more cover and not an improvement to our starting eleven but even more likely is simply late window rumour.

Fernhurst

Perhaps if I speak a bit louder.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Fernhurst on January 29, 2020, 10:18:41 PM

Perhaps if I speak a bit louder.

Hearing you buddy .... not heard about TC though

Whitestone

A very good player. Do we need another right winger though ? Definitely need a right back. Maybe lazy journalistic rubbish. We'll see. Only 2 days of the window left.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on January 29, 2020, 08:49:41 PM
When a team tries to 'offload' a player I am always worried. Admittedly I haven't been following his progress much but I haven't heard him do much since he left Brentford.

Every player bought by one club is a player offloaded by another club. This is why it's important to develop talent in house and i don't just mean juniors.

peter w

Quote from: Godalming White on January 29, 2020, 09:03:53 PM
Brentford fans would hate this. In the very little I've seen of Villa this year and when Jota's played, he's looked good. I think it was against Everton that he was the best player on the pitch, he set up a couple of goals and could have assisted a few more. I think the pace of the Premiership took his toll on him unfortunately. Still a good championship acquisition though, perhaps with the new of TC needing surgery, BDR will drop to the number 10 and it will be 3 of Mitro, Cav, Knock and Jota up top.

Pretty much this. he's too slow for the top flight and although he is good on the ball, playing wide means he needs to show more to his game that he just doesn't have. The Championship is his level where there is less athleticism - especially in the full-back areas - allowing him to exploit the more space on offer in wide areas. I think he could do a job for you and I wouldn't read too much into why we're trying to offload. Due to FFP we need one or two off the books - even on loan - before we can buy.

If we were to go back down he'd be a useful player to have. If we stay up he won't play for us again.

The Rational Fan

The players that covered Knockaert this season are needed all over the field elsewhere, i) Kamara is needed as striker cover with Mitro injured, ii) Reid is needed in attacking midfield with Cairney not fit, iii) Onamah is needed in central midfield with Arters/Reed injuries etc and iv) Cav is needed on the left wing with Kebano injured.