watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thought we were fantastic

Started by fulhamben, February 01, 2020, 05:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

For 35 mins, and then boy did the wheels come off. Huddlesfield looked the far better team after that imo and it was only rodak that kept us in it. Was good to have mitro starting and ak on the bench who looked really lively when he came and did well as an out let. Thought the Cairney sub was a little strange as he was by far our best midfielder and the only calm head we had when we were under pressure. Our goals were sublime, from cairneys great touch and finish, mitros goal from what seemed like a 30 pass build up and finally bobbys superb solo goal. Another 3 points in the bag so onwards and upwards coyws. Oh yes and rodak was my motm
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Sgt Fulham

We seem to be much better at seeing out games than we used to. We have had a few 1-0s and 2-1s, and today is another example of that. Very confusing game, and we should never have been in the position we were hanging on for a whole half. Having said that we scored 3 great goals to get us to that point and ultimately they won us the game. Really need a full performance from the team soon because right now I do not see us grinding out games like Forest (A), Bristol City (A), or Brentford (H).

F.luke

I actually thought TC was one of our worst today. He seems to be so negative nowadays shame as he has it all even I right foot as he proved today

AnOldBrownie

Subs came on when we needed them.

Abou for Cav was perfect.

I would have brought on Stefjo before Arter.

Huddersfield on their day can be a good side.   They've beat Forest and drew with Brentford.    Rodak definitely MOTM.

Deeping_white

I thought the same thing, first 35 minutes we were amazing, Huddersfield couldn't lay a glove on us and the football was liquid, literally all of the goals so incredibly well crafted. After the third goal went in it's like we just turned the lights off and went home. I can't really pinpoint what happened but they got one goal back that looked a bit fortunate and then it's like we forgot how to pass and move and started shitting our pants when Hudds got the ball? For me I think Odoi needs to be at right back from here on out, get Kongolo in at centre half. Poor old Cyrus was getting murdered today because his positional sense was rubbish, it's so easy to play a ball inside him for a winger to run on to, Hector saved him so many times today by reading the pass and cutting the ball out. That being said, 3 points is 3 points and it's the points that count, not the style of play so I can't be too unhappy

Robbie

I think we are not fit enough. Too many porkers in the squad. Cav, Mitro, AK  cyrus.. Look too chunky.

fulhamben

Quote from: Robbie on February 01, 2020, 06:28:02 PM
I think we are not fit enough. Too many porkers in the squad. Cav, Mitro, AK  cyrus.. Look too chunky.
ak? He worked his socks off when he came on, only one with any drive. And chunky, the mans built like a brick shhh house. Probably make ade akinbyi look like a match stick

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 06:30:50 PM
ak? He worked his socks off when he came on, only one with any drive. And chunky, the mans built like a brick shhh house. Probably make ade akinbyi look like a match stick
+1
None of those names are porkers, least of all AK47

Tabby

Weird list of names when we have McDonald in the team.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on February 01, 2020, 06:38:50 PM
Weird list of names when we have McDonald in the team.
dont if he's chunky, but his pace or lack of it was a real concern today. They were breezing past him

Deeping_white

AK is chunky because he's all muscle - did you see what happened when he had a shoulder barge with a Hudds player? The poor bloke almost ended up in the Thames!!

fulhamben

Quote from: Deeping_white on February 01, 2020, 06:55:50 PM

AK is chunky because he's all muscle - did you see what happened when he had a shoulder barge with a Hudds player? The poor bloke almost ended up in the Thames!!
yep saw that, and couldn't believe the ref gave a foul

grandad

After 30 mins I thought it would be at least 6-0. What happened then? Surely it can´t just be down to the 2 weird goals we let in. Did we mentally switch off at 3-0. I know they say 2-0 is the most dangerous lead but not 3-0. Second half we just could not find the tempo of the first. What set in then was the don´t lose mind set. Very nervous 2nd half.
Where there's a will there's a wife

KJS

3-2 3points not pretty but who cares🙄 ask Leeds fans what they're thinking at the moment

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 06:58:21 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on February 01, 2020, 06:55:50 PM

yep saw that, and couldn't believe the ref gave a foul
Agree, shocking decision

Jims Dentist

filham

Really can't fathom out what happened to us in that game, 3-0 up and looking so good and then concede a couple of goals and not really in the game again.
Huddersfield so dominant all of the second half, they must consider themselves unlucky to go home without at least a point.

HV71

They were extremely unlucky not to get a point - if that had been us I would be gutted by the result

Statto

Quote from: HV71 on February 01, 2020, 09:52:20 PM
They were extremely unlucky not to get a point - if that had been us I would be gutted by the result

Both their goals were lucky IMO. Both pretty clumsily bundled over the line amidst our players running into each other. From then, they were always going to have a lot of chances and possession because we were defending a one goal lead. If they'd actually equalised, personally I think the pendulum would just have swung back our way and we'd have won 5-3.

Logicalman

The way AK chased that ball from his own half and put the fear f god up the defender tends to make any statement he's carrying too much weight a little suspect. If he loses some weight then there's no knowing if he'd just take off running at that speed!
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.