watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Was TC injured?

Started by Twig, February 01, 2020, 06:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

I thought it wa a strange change unless he picked up an injury.  He went into a couple of heavy tackles so possible he picked up a knock.  Otherwise I thought he was having one of his best games for a while.

Neil D

Also surprised by his substitution.  I would have had him as our second best player after MR.

F.luke

TC is so negative atm. Shame as he can do it too many back passes for me
Slows us down too much

filham

Tactical substitution, Parker bringing on fresh more physically strong players to shore up the defence and protect the fragile one goal lead.

Riversider

The Cairney of old for the opening half an hour then his usual self once they scored, as a skipper he offers absolutely nothing to the team, we needed a strong leader once they came back in to the game,
Correct decision by Parker to haul him off, time to take the captain's arm band off him and give it to Hector.

Statto

Agree with Riversider. Thought it was a good decision to sub him and that he added little after the first 30 mins. No strength and generally can't tackle. IIRC he was one of several players far too easily shrugged off by the player who went on a long run from their right back position for one of their goals. Although I did see him slide tackle someone later, which must have been a career first for him.

Mitrovic also seemed to have a slight limp and limited mobility/energy in the last 20-30 mins.

Motspur Park

No problem with Cairney going off but as the op said, Cairney remained cool under pressure in the second half and when breaking, he chose the right passes. When the final sub was made it could easily have been Onomah or Bobby DR who was very lightweight at times today.

Berserker

I thought Parker made good subs today

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jims Dentist

SJ certainly brings a bit of calm and confidence when coming on.

HobGoblin

Cairney is a good player yes, Captain material, No

Luka

I don't think he was injured just confused.
We attacked  the opposite way to normal in the first half..... he just thought he was actually passing forward not backwards all the game !!

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2020, 07:12:16 PM
Tactical substitution, Parker bringing on fresh more physically strong players to shore up the defence and protect the fragile one goal lead.

This.

Tom did his job.   It was time to relieve the pressure Huddersfield were starting to put us under.

Whitesideup

Very surprised by the substitution - if we needed something more in the middle then Onamoh should have gone.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 01, 2020, 09:20:11 PM
Very surprised by the substitution - if we needed something more in the middle then Onamoh should have gone.
yes, that was my take on it. I'm still struggling to see what he brings. He's certainly improved since his first 5 games and is very tidy with the ball, think he lost it once in a precarious position today, but he just has no spark. He barely drives forwards, doesn't have a killer pass, his shooting is woeful. I just don't get it
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 09:27:29 PM
yes, that was my take on it. I'm still struggling to see what he brings. He's certainly improved since his first 5 games and is very tidy with the ball, think he lost it once in a precarious position today, but he just has no spark. He barely drives forwards, doesn't have a killer pass, his shooting is woeful. I just don't get it

My rough view of the two players

Cairney when we have the ball - 10/10
Cairney when we don't have the ball - 0/10
Total - 10/20

Onomah when we have the ball - 6/10
Onomah when we dont' have the ball - 6/10
Total - 12/20

So IMO Onomah is more useful in any game where we don't totally dominate possession, like today

bobbo

Quote from: Luka on February 01, 2020, 08:22:09 PM
I don't think he was injured just confused.
We attacked  the opposite way to normal in the first half..... he just thought he was actually passing forward not backwards all the game !!

😂 Great response.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 09:37:32 PM

Total - 10/20

Total - 12/20

So IMO Onomah is more useful in any game where we don't totally dominate possession, like today
wait, you think Onomah was more useful than a player who scored and got an assist?

Statto

Quote from: fulhamben on February 01, 2020, 10:00:59 PM

Total - 10/20

Total - 12/20

wait, you think Onomah was more useful than a player who scored and got an assist?
re-read my post please

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 10:03:22 PM

Total - 10/20

Total - 12/20

re-read my post please
Quote from: Statto on February 01, 2020, 10:03:22 PM

Total - 10/20

Total - 12/20

re-read my post please
i have, and I stand by what I said but only because I believe you have made a mistake. Today was one of our lower possession days. It very rarely gets lower, so by that theory You feel josh is very rarely useful, and to that I would agree

Skatzoffc

The biggest single problem of our team is lack of a strong leader on the pitch.

What we need is someone in charge who can take responsibility and decide to go long when reqd instead of blindly following Parker's tactics when it is plain to see by all that they aren't working in a game.

Maybe Hector is the answer as he can speak directly to the keeper. If we go long we need the wide players to get closer to Mitro so he has someone to knock it down to. We need an out ball when getting pressured playing out from the back.

It's not rocket science.

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !