more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not Supporters

Started by Dodgin, February 02, 2020, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: charlieFFC on February 03, 2020, 09:50:34 AM
Agree that there are obnoxious people, like at every football ground but to ban people for swearing is pushing it for me.

Where do you draw the line?

I find it annoying when people arrive late, leave for half time early, get back from half time late and leave early causing a Mexican wave of standing every 15 minutes but you cant just ban them.

We have to accept a degree of swearing especially when it is a lot worse on the tele in our living rooms.
Racism and violence has to be zero tolerance.

RaySmith

I have a nightmare of a future dystopia - Fulham concede a soft goal, with an example of their well known Comic Book Defending, and an oath emits from my mouth.

A small  child, standing nearby and bored , says to their dad -'that man said a naughty word.'
The next minute I'm taken away by the newly formed Culture Police  for reeducation.

On my return to the Cottage,  Fulham score a brilliant last minute goal, and instead of jumping up and down shouting, I  politely clap, and quietly say 'well done Sir.'
Now I am ready to take my place in the new Riverside stand! :)

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: gezkc on February 04, 2020, 08:23:56 AM

It was actually the woman who was the worst of them and she even started getting aggressive with my wife, nudging her in the back and trying to antagonise her.

Oh my god that's horrible! I would have given her a damn good thrashing!! :031:

toshes mate

Quote from: RaySmith on February 04, 2020, 06:59:55 PM
I have a nightmare of a future dystopia - Fulham concede a soft goal, with an example of their well known Comic Book Defending, and an oath emits from my mouth.

A small  child, standing nearby and bored , says to their dad -'that man said a naughty word.'
The next minute I'm taken away by the newly formed Culture Police  for reeducation.

On my return to the Cottage,  Fulham score a brilliant last minute goal, and instead of jumping up and down shouting, I  politely clap, and quietly say 'well done Sir.'
Now I am ready to take my place in the new Riverside stand! :)
This made me smile.

Elsewhere I mentioned my unsupervised primary school childhood attendance at CC.  I heard lots of swearwords and I was cute (or whatever the word is) enough to know adults were swearing and the words should not be repeated by yours truly.  Even to this day I will not swear in company if I can avoid it. Occasionally I fall from grace and I am embarrassed.  However I would not in a month of Sundays presume a world where others cannot do as they see fit as long as no physical or mental harm is done.   As Mark Twain wrote 'Profanity is more necessary to me than is immunity from colds.'  I think society has become a victim of its own desire to be better when it doesn't have a yardstick to measurer what might be far worse for its citizens.  Winding someone up without using a profanity is an art form to be nurtured by everyone.  But being able to swear should be a human right.