watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not Supporters

Started by Dodgin, February 02, 2020, 12:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgin

I had to think about should I post this. As the team kicked off it is rare that the attack the Hammy End first, I sit in the JH stand near that end. Halftime I decided to see my friend who is in the JH stand at the Putney End as it happened he wasn't there. So I stayed as expecting see more goals. Sitting behind were three obnoxious men, who seemed like they had sunk a few beers, swearing loudly and making it uncomfortable for people either side me, who were visible unhappy.  They were not season ticket holders I was told and hadn't been seen before, they left about ten minutes before the end. I prefer not to say exactly where I was as it not my place to speak for the regulars there. Be interested to know if there is a blacklist.

gang

There is a black list and supporters can and have been banned in the past for bad language and bad behaviour. If you wish to take this further please contact the club.

johnmac

you can use the clubs message service to report these kind of things at the ground and stewards will take action
you need to send ;Fulham to 60066 with the details of area and seat location of the problem, I understand it can be done anonymously

SP

I despair at angry/ignorant Britain, it's just getting worse.  No wonder people are emigrating.

Took someone for a blood test this week & many of the other patients were complaining bitterly to the nurse as they had to wait 30 minutes.  The nurse was working flat out, sickens me.

I Ronic

I'm a big fan of the Podcast "Don't tell me the score" hosted by Simon Mundie. This weeks guest was Gareth Thomas. He.spoke about his family, rugby and being gay. He said, he was upset that the FA's "kick out racism" really didn't go far enough and didn't feel they were that serious about it and it should include all forms of anti social behaviour.
So I checked the offical and they have a zero tolerance against any form of abuse. Made me very proud to think the club I've supported since I was a kid have such a total policy.
PS. If you haven't listened to DTMTS before it's well worth a listen. Simon Mundie has interviewed some of the best sports people around.

MikeTheCubed

The club should have a dedicated block for supporters who want to swear  086.gif.

charlieFFC

Agree that there are obnoxious people, like at every football ground but to ban people for swearing is pushing it for me.

Where do you draw the line?

I find it annoying when people arrive late, leave for half time early, get back from half time late and leave early causing a Mexican wave of standing every 15 minutes but you cant just ban them.

Statto

Sorry but the way things are going, a trip to the Cottage will soon be like going to the tennis or opera.

If swearing was banned I'd stop going. Simple as that. It's embarrassing enough already. Watching the footage back of Cairney's goal on Saturday, put the sound up and all you can hear is the Huddersfield fans singing "this is a library..."

This thread will probably end up on Twitter shortly, compounding our status as the world's softest, most boring fans (not that we are under any threat in that position, anyway).

Fulham1959

Quote from: Statto on February 03, 2020, 11:15:30 AM
Sorry but the way things are going, a trip to the Cottage will soon be like going to the tennis or opera.

If swearing was banned I'd stop going. Simple as that. It's embarrassing enough already. Watching the footage back of Cairney's goal on Saturday, put the sound up and all you can hear is the Huddersfield fans singing "this is a library..."

This thread will probably end up on Twitter shortly, compounding our status as the world's softest, most boring fans (not that we are under any threat in that position, anyway).

I abhor excessive swearing and it's one of several reasons (also cost and difficulty of getting tickets) why I seldom watch professional football.

charlieFFC

Quote from: Statto on February 03, 2020, 11:15:30 AM

100% this.

Gutted I haven't been able to make more away games this season, all around atmosphere is infinitely better and points that have been made in this thread aren't considered issues.

The need for safe standing has never been clearer to separate.

I am by no means saying that the people in OP are "good fans", but their should definitely not be a blacklist for fans that swear.

Logicalman

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 03, 2020, 09:35:51 AM
The club should have a dedicated block for supporters who want to swear  086.gif.

They do, it's situated in S Africa Rd, Shepherd's Bush.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Let's be honest, most of us swear, and footie does tend to bring out the emotion in us that leads to, perhaps, a little more swearing than we might like.
The difference I think the OP was pointing out, was there is a massive difference between an utterance brought on suddenly, a song that includes swear words, and people that prefer to swear, not because that is their usual way of speaking (though I have known some where it is), but simply because they think it's big, and makes them look 'hard', and it can be exacerbated by booze.
The latter of these is what needs to be sorted out at the grounds, especially if we do want the next generation of kids to come to grounds and keep the traditions of fans going along.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Westlondonffc

My God we have some pathetic fans. The atmosphere on Saturday was totally dire even when we were 3-0 up, it seems to get worse every game

epsomraver

I despair when at a match earlier in the season, in the JH stand,  when a "Fulham fan" with a young son around 8 years of age shouted out " Cairney you are a C***t",  his 8 year old then copies his Dad and shouts the same thing! , is that acceptable behaviour anywhere let alone at a football match.

RaySmith

Some  people just swear, especially at football matches, even if they seldom usually do so, because it's a place where people feel they can give  vent to their feelings.

It has always been so, since I first  started going to games in the early  60's.
As long as they are  not shouting racist or homophobic abuse, it seems very Big Brotherish to ban someone from a ground for swearing.

Imagine trying to implement such a rule at Liverpool, Everton, Man U, Celtic/Rangers, Chelsea, West Ham, Brum, WBA, Leeds or  at any ground anywhere in the country.

OK, so maybe today some parents don't want their kids hearing such language, though they almost surely hear it a school anyway. Aren't there special 'family' sections at Fulham and other grounds? In these sections, swearing could be outlawed.

charlieFFC

Anyway time to delete my account on here, no surprise Fulham fans get the rep we do.

grandad

I abhor people whose every other word is the F word to emphasize what they are saying. They don't even know they are doing it.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Statto

Quote from: epsomraver on February 03, 2020, 12:18:21 PM
I despair when at a match earlier in the season, in the JH stand,  when a "Fulham fan" with a young son around 8 years of age shouted out " Cairney you are a C***t",  his 8 year old then copies his Dad and shouts the same thing! , is that acceptable behaviour anywhere let alone at a football match.

No problem at all with that language... if it's directed at the ref or opposition
But if people are directing it at our own captain then yes they are "not supporters"

Woolly Mammoth

I agree the father should be ashamed of himself swearing like that in front of his 8 year old son, total ignorance. What kind of example is that to his son, because his son hears his dad and thinks it's all right to swear like that, and he grows up to be a moron like his ignorant father. It's one thing hearing others swear in all walks of life, you can tell your child that is wrong and not to do it, but when the boy hears his father swearing he thinks that's ok.
I have had many an argument with Cretins who have sworn in front of my children when they were small. But after I have made my point, I have always acted like a gentlemen and always been polite and I always pick them up off the floor and dust them down and wait until they have regained consciousness before I move on, as I feel I have a duty of care to watch over injured people.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Statto on February 03, 2020, 12:44:19 PM

No problem at all with that language... if it's directed at the ref or opposition
But if people are directing it at our own captain then yes they are "not supporters"

We must agree to differ, then.  In my book, using the 'c' word in such a manner, in public, is not acceptable at any time or in any place.  It is irrelevant who it is aimed at.