https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The League Table

Started by SP, February 08, 2020, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Is starting to look encouraging.  049:gif

Statto

Absolutely wide open. All the top 5 have a roughly equal chance of going up at this point, IMO.

Mince n Tatties

Five live pundits watching Brentford, said they are a joy to watch going forward, and whoever finishes above them goes up...Brentford v Leeds Tuesday.😵

filham

It really couldn't be tighter and we are in there fighting, surely no grumbles from Fulham fans tonight.

ByTheRiver

I'm sticking with what I said a few weeks ago, I believe we are going to win the title!

Whitesideup

What are the odds on Fulham  Brentford 1 and 2  ... not necessarily in that order? Right odds I might give it a go. 

Whitesideup

Apologies. Stop it. Should have remembered that once you start thinking about what is possible, Fulham will turn it on its head and prove the hot-headed  ... well ardent at least... Fulham supporter was totally misguided .. again!

Fernhurst

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 08, 2020, 05:21:41 PM
I'm sticking with what I said a few weeks ago, I believe we are going to win the title!

Looked at the table this evening and for the first time thought....maybe, just maybe.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ffc73

Quote from: Whitesideup on February 08, 2020, 08:33:27 PM
Apologies. Stop it. Should have remembered that once you start thinking about what is possible, Fulham will turn it on its head and prove the hot-headed  ... well ardent at least... Fulham supporter was totally misguided .. again!

You, like us all, know that we will be 5th on Wednesday night...
Brentford beat Leeds
Forest beat Charlton
We lose at Millwall

And Preston win at Stoke + Bristol beat Derby to close the gap on us too...

:hook:  064.gif

ChesterTheTabby

I've read numerous posts about how this years Championship season is "worse" or "lesser" in quality than previous seasons, how can that be? Look at the table, at the players, at goals scores. The top 7 teams are Jan with a shout. This is incredible, and how much fun!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 08, 2020, 05:14:34 PM
Five live pundits watching Brentford, said they are a joy to watch going forward, and whoever finishes above them goes up...Brentford v Leeds Tuesday.😵

With our players, why are we seldom a joy to watch going forward ?? Today's offering was pretty poor going forward !

BarryP

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 09, 2020, 01:17:36 AM
With our players, why are we seldom a joy to watch going forward ?? Today's offering was pretty poor going forward !

Was the problem today Fulham's attack or should credit be giver to their defending?

Either way we don't have to look up very far to see the top but it is a very steep slope down to about eighth place.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: BarryP on February 09, 2020, 04:25:51 AM

Was the problem today Fulham's attack or should credit be giver to their defending?

Either way we don't have to look up very far to see the top but it is a very steep slope down to about eighth place.

Credit to the defence (Hector, Ream, Rodak and K Mac) and I would ask why the attack hadn't put us out of sight and why our midfield seems lethargic !?!?  I hate myself criticising the team after a great win at a place where no one else has won for ages but I thought Blackburn were crap !

brightster

Well it's looking better for us now.
We just need to keep it going, picking up scrappy wins.
14th December 2019:

WBA 49pts
Leeds 47pts
Fulham 35pts

8th February 2020:

WBA 56pts
Leeds 55pts
Fulham 55pts

General

I looked at the remaining games the teams most in forms have left vs the top six and there's a lot of games between them and us left to play so expect a lot of twists and turns. West Bromwich are going to be harder to dislodge as whilst their form has been poor they are still getting wins every now and then. There are three teams that are concerning me in regards to forest, Brentford and Derby.

January seems to have galvanised derby and rooneys inclusion and partnership with none other than Chris Martin seems to be coming good for them. Brentford and forest have simply been much more consistent and at times Brentford sweep teams aside.

WindyCity

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 09, 2020, 07:19:22 AM
Quote from: BarryP on February 09, 2020, 04:25:51 AM

Credit to the defence (Hector, Ream, Rodak and K Mac) and I would ask why the attack hadn't put us out of sight and why our midfield seems lethargic !?!?  I hate myself criticising the team after a great win at a place where no one else has won for ages but I thought Blackburn were crap !

Credit to the defense!!!  Since Hector has arrived, all clean sheets save one game.  This is GOOD news, seeing some stability in the back.  Still disappointed in the offense.  FFC needs to put some of these weaker teams away, early and often.  But the recently awakened backline does give one some hope, though it can show its' leaky self on a moments notice I suspect.  Let's keep hoping for improvement in this area, as that will be the key to promotion chances.

Edit....Will be interesting to see what Kongolo brings to the 'defensive' mix.....

Tabby

If you compare how we look in attack to the promotion season there is a lack of cohesion. Luckily, with players like Cairney, Knockaert, Cavaleiro and Mitro individual brilliance can carry the day.

You see flashes of what is possible like the first 30 minutes against Huddersfield, but I don't think the style will "click" fully this season.

HV71

I agree that the cohesion isn't the same - what is encouraging though is that the 'spine' is probably of the highest standard - Rodak , Hector and Mitro is incredibly strong.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: HV71 on February 09, 2020, 06:19:02 PM
I agree that the cohesion isn't the same - what is encouraging though is that the 'spine' is probably of the highest standard - Rodak , Hector and Mitro is incredibly strong.

Rodak, Hector and Mitro are incredibly strong against weak opposition. We will be tested soon.

General

we play all teams in the top seven between now and the end of the season and five of those games are away. We've been quite consistent as a team this month and a half and ground out some results, but will have to continue that to keep ourselves in contention for automatic. Wont be easy, but is doable.