watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kongolo injured for the rest of the season

Started by twang, February 13, 2020, 03:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Sess., Christie, Hector, Ream, Bryan, LeMarchand. Not a lot of cover in our back four.

Whitestone

Unbelievable that some are more concerned about the finances. A huge disappointment and a big loss to the squad.

ByTheRiver

Gutted at this news. Gutted for us and our lack of cover, and gutted for the player who was probably hoping to get his career back on track. Automatic promotion hopes taken quite a whack in the last 24 hours.

Still, it's not over until the larger lady sings, so...

Also, I can't imagine Huddersfield will pick up his wages or anything else. A loan is a loan surely. If a player is injured during that loan, surely there's no financial detriment to the owning club or loan cancelled or whatever. No one would ever loan out anyone of any value! Insurance is different of course but, really, I think the financial ins and outs are the least of our worries here.

Balls. Big hairy ones.

Bassey the warrior

Gutted for him and for us. We're worryingly short at the back now. Anyone know when Le Marchand is back?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on February 14, 2020, 07:47:24 AM
Gutted for him and for us. We're worryingly short at the back now. Anyone know when Le Marchand is back?

Such information is top secret at Fulham, so the easiest way to find out is ask anyone near Motspur Park working for Marcelo Bielsa.

ffcthereligion

Twig

Jim©

I can't easily remember a season in which we've had so many injuries pile up: Mawson and Reed missing the most, Sess, Bryan, TC, Stefan, Mitro, AK, Cav, Knockeart have all missed a good few games. Kongolo out and MLM still injured means our back 4 is short should this bad run of injuries continue.

Feel sorry for Kongolo, going on what my Feyenoord supporting dutch family said, we could have got a very very good player.

MikeW

BBC reporting Kongolo joined us in August on a season long loan.  Nothing like a bit of research!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Chrisjo

I agree we have a potential problem with our centre back positions. As we know Kongolo is out for the rest of the season, Mawson is a long term injury and Le Marchand is probably the closest to recovery but still a few weeks away I think. If, God forbid, anything serious happens to either Hector or Ream then with Odoi as the only recognised cover we will be in big trouble especially with seasons run in and some real tricky games.

I was looking at the list of available free transfers and note that Watford have released Sebastian Prodl. He's an Austrian international but has had his own in jury problems in the past. Anyone any thoughts as to whether he might be a reasonable punt as back up.

RP24

From what I have seen in the past usually when a player gets injured they go back to their parent club, we have even had players sent back due to this. I think Adebayo was sent back to us at one point for an eye injury (or at least one of our youngsters were).

So usually I'd say once they are injured they go back to the parent club, however on Joe Bryan's Instagram Kongolo is in crutches still in a fulham kit and still at Motspur Park, so maybe were planning on keeping him after the end of the season?

RP24

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on February 14, 2020, 03:03:50 PM
From what I have seen in the past usually when a player gets injured they go back to their parent club, we have even had players sent back due to this. I think Adebayo was sent back to us at one point for an eye injury (or at least one of our youngsters were).

So usually I'd say once they are injured they go back to the parent club, however on Joe Bryan's Instagram Kongolo is in crutches still in a fulham kit and still at Motspur Park, so maybe were planning on keeping him after the end of the season?

Might have been Edun actually, anyway the point is that usually when a player is injured I've seen them go back to their parent club

Statto

Quote from: Robertprocter1 on February 14, 2020, 03:05:10 PM

Might have been Edun actually, anyway the point is that usually when a player is injured I've seen them go back to their parent club

Does that mean we're not paying his wages and/or the loan fee?
Hector was at CC from august but I'd be astounded if we started paying his wages until we actually signed him in January

RP24

Quote from: Statto on February 14, 2020, 03:18:26 PM
Quote from: Robertprocter1 on February 14, 2020, 03:05:10 PM

Unfortunately I really dont know, all i'd say is that usually when a player is injured they go back and to their parent club where one would assume that they pick up the salary again. However with him staying here i'd guess that were still paying his wages

Does that mean we're not paying his wages and/or the loan fee?
Hector was at CC from august but I'd be astounded if we started paying his wages until we actually signed him in January

filham

I imagine possible partners for Hector until the end of the season are Ream, Odoi, Le Marchand, McDonald. Only 14 matches to go, I wouldn't think Parker is pressing the panic button yet.
Now if Hector was to get injured------------------.

cottage expat

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 13, 2020, 09:21:55 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on February 13, 2020, 06:05:45 PM
I just feel sorry for the lad, I bet he thought he could resurrect his career here, and in his little cameo he looked like he could be a decent player.

Totally agree with this post.

+1