watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Surely That Is It For Parker Now?

Started by ByTheRiver, February 15, 2020, 04:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

I hope so as Im not going back to the cottage whilst he is still employed by my club. Don't care if he takes us up and wins the prem next season, I can not put myself through anymore of his crap football. Kids don't want to go, I don't want to go, hell I bet Parker himself doesn't even want to go and watch the crap he serves up. I had more fun watching us back in the old fourth division than I do now. He should have been sacked months ago
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

love4ffc

Sitting in third.  Win against Derby and we go level with Leeds.  A manager can drill and work the team all he wants but when thrown injury after injury and having players are can't play consistently, well then you end up where Fulham are. 

Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: Riversider on February 15, 2020, 05:30:38 PM
This is still the same forum is it, that when recently I said , we are third in the table in spite of Parker not because of Parker, people were queuing up to have pop ?
Some of you really haven't been able to see the wood for the trees this season, by and large the "Performances" this season have been terrible, nowhere near good enough,
Parker and Cairney can both **ck off, but not until the summer, as this season is already over, then in the summer I would love to see us try and persuade David Wagner to come back to England, did a fantastic job at Huddersfield to get them promoted but then thrown under the bus by the club when they got there, but replacements are really a discussion for another day,
Parker was never a fans favourite as a player, concerns were raised when he came back as an assistant manager, and plenty of us questioned the decision to make him manager,
Personally, I can't wait to see the back of him at our club.

+1 well said

love4ffc

I understand people are mad.  Heck, I'm made at loosing to a bottom place team.  But I think lots of people are doing the knee jerk reaction. 

Bill2

The conditions were against us today and Scottie didn't have a clue how to manage them. Players were very poor as well.

fulhamben

Quote from: love4ffc on February 15, 2020, 05:37:02 PM
I understand people are mad.  Heck, I'm made at loosing to a bottom place team.  But I think lots of people are doing the knee jerk reaction. 

well ive be been saying it for months, so no knee jerk from me. I'm just amazed that it's taken people so long to see how crap we are under Parker. Even the games we win we look crap. Can't tell you one game we played well in this season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

That's fairly common, especially right after the match. No matter what fan base, there are always knee-jerk reactions, and always those who summarize player/managers based on small sample size. I'm still not convinced Parker needs to go, mainly because I see the issues from both Barnsley and Millwall as tactical adjustments needed versus an entire upheaval. You know me, Don; I refuse to take part in a toxic relationship that is predicated on being so hot and cold from match-to-match.

Rambler

Quote from: fulhamben on February 15, 2020, 05:34:48 PM
I hope so as Im not going back to the cottage whilst he is still employed by my club. Don't care if he takes us up and wins the prem next season, I can not put myself through anymore of his crap football. Kids don't want to go, I don't want to go, hell I bet Parker himself doesn't even want to go and watch the crap he serves up. I had more fun watching us back in the old fourth division than I do now. He should have been sacked months ago

I haven't been back since reading on NYD. I'll probably get lambasted as not a true fan etc etc but I've become so disillusioned with the performances and actual lack of enjoyment watching the team play. We've not shown any real improvement since he's been manager. It's sad really. Not been a fan of Parker's for a long while and I don't see that changing.
Not a knee jerk reaction but I want a change as I want to get 'my' Fulham back and my enjoyment for watching Fulham again.

Worcesterwhite

This is still the same forum is it, that when recently I said , we are third in the table in spite of Parker not because of Parker, people were queuing up to have pop ?
Some of you really haven't been able to see the wood for the trees this season, by and large the "Performances" this season have been terrible, nowhere near good enough,
Parker and Cairney can both **ck off, but not until the summer, as this season is already over, then in the summer I would love to see us try and persuade David Wagner to come back to England, did a fantastic job at Huddersfield to get them promoted but then thrown under the bus by the club when they got there, but replacements are really a discussion for another day,
Parker was never a fans favourite as a player, concerns were raised when he came back as an assistant manager, and plenty of us questioned the decision to make him manager,
Agree with what you you've said, and wouldn't disagree with Wagner, to be fair to him he over achieved when at Huddersfield

love4ffc

Quote from: Matt10 on February 15, 2020, 05:42:14 PM

That's fairly common, especially right after the match. No matter what fan base, there are always knee-jerk reactions, and always those who summarize player/managers based on small sample size. I'm still not convinced Parker needs to go, mainly because I see the issues from both Barnsley and Millwall as tactical adjustments needed versus an entire upheaval. You know me, Don; I refuse to take part in a toxic relationship that is predicated on being so hot and cold from match-to-match.

You are much wiser then I Mr. Matt  :dft011:

bobby01

I for the most part have not knocked him this season, I have questioned team selections,ie his persistence in playing Onomah on occasions, I have questioned tactics on occasions, I have questioned style of play. I have now reached the same stage as Ben where I doubt I will go to the cottage or away again whilst he is still in charge.
Fulham are my team and always have my support but I also want to see some reasonable football, I will no longer pay hard earned money to watch the same failed system of play with poor decisions in selection.
I dread us going up under this manager as we will be record breakers getting relegated again, I sincerely think he has lost the dressing room, that could be the reasons for Mitrovic s lack lustre displays as he gets battered every week by two big centre half's because the system does not support him. Odoi played well v Millwall then he is dropped for sess who has been out of favour for weeks. Stefjo has done nothing wrong but no longer gets a look in.
I think the players have no faith in the style of play and it shows with the lack of form from most of them.
I really don't know where we go from here, I think he has to go and we need to forget promotion this year and sort out a system of playing to our strengths.

On a side note, due respect Cauley for not rubbing our faces in it when you scored.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Riversider

Quote from: Bill2 on February 15, 2020, 05:37:21 PM
The conditions were against us today and Scottie didn't have a clue how to manage them. Players were very poor as well.

Did the wind blow into our faces for both halfs ? If so that's incredible 😩

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 15, 2020, 05:36:43 PM

+1 well said
:plus one: 0001.jpeg
+2

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: mattFFC on February 15, 2020, 04:58:37 PM
He is obviously not going to get sacked with us in 3rd place and 14 games remaining...

Wait until the end of the season, see if we go up, if not bring in someone else = only way unfortunately

Shoosh.  Let them rant.

Parker was outcoached this week and last imo, but the players were more to blame in both games.   At some point they need to play as a unit and it's not happening.

Stupid to fire him simply to make a point.  And stupid to write off promotion this far up the table.  Asinine really.

Based on today's game I'd say, "hey, we should hire Barnley's coach because his team looked like they knew how to play football", yet overlook the fact that they are low in the table.   

I'm not knee jerk though.   See where we are at the end of the season.

One Martin Thomas

It's not after one match though; we've been waiting for a good controlling performance all season and have not managed it once ! The results have been better than the performances e.g. Blackburn away ! When you have neither and the bottom club do the double over you .... it's not good ! Parker Out !

colinwhite

So Bythe river your suggestion is what exactly? sack parker now or what do you mean ? explain please.

Southdowns White

How many good performances have we had this season? Even when we beat Derby 3-0, we were chatting in the car on the way home and felt it was all a little underwhelming. Despite our wins and third place i don't think anyone can say we are exciting in any area on the pitch and that our football is slow and predictable (I've been saying that since the beginning of the season)
What we have to decide is whether it is poor players or a poor system they are playing or a combination of both. If I were to make a judgement I would say the system is wrong and our complete Midfield are playing below par putting pressure on a defence that is totally devoid of confidence. The defence get the blame most of the time but just look at the movement and negativity of the midfield playing I believe, Parkers system.
Something needs to change, I thought someone would have spoken to Parker and given him some advice but nothing seems to have change in months.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: bobby01 on February 15, 2020, 05:50:54 PM
I for the most part have not knocked him this season, I have questioned team selections,ie his persistence in playing Onomah on occasions, I have questioned tactics on occasions, I have questioned style of play. I have now reached the same stage as Ben where I doubt I will go to the cottage or away again whilst he is still in charge.
Fulham are my team and always have my support but I also want to see some reasonable football, I will no longer pay hard earned money to watch the same failed system of play with poor decisions in selection.
I dread us going up under this manager as we will be record breakers getting relegated again, I sincerely think he has lost the dressing room, that could be the reasons for Mitrovic s lack lustre displays as he gets battered every week by two big centre half's because the system does not support him. Odoi played well v Millwall then he is dropped for sess who has been out of favour for weeks. Stefjo has done nothing wrong but no longer gets a look in.
I think the players have no faith in the style of play and it shows with the lack of form from most of them.
I really don't know where we go from here, I think he has to go and we need to forget promotion this year and sort out a system of playing to our strengths.

On a side note, due respect Cauley for not rubbing our faces in it when you scored.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Southdowns White on February 15, 2020, 06:30:08 PM
How many good performances have we had this season? Even when we beat Derby 3-0, we were chatting in the car on the way home and felt it was all a little underwhelming. Despite our wins and third place i don't think anyone can say we are exciting in any area on the pitch and that our football is slow and predictable (I've been saying that since the beginning of the season)
What we have to decide is whether it is poor players or a poor system they are playing or a combination of both. If I were to make a judgement I would say the system is wrong and our complete Midfield are playing below par putting pressure on a defence that is totally devoid of confidence. The defence get the blame most of the time but just look at the movement and negativity of the midfield playing I believe, Parkers system.
Something needs to change, I thought someone would have spoken to Parker and given him some advice but nothing seems to have change in months.

:plus one:
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Spirit of 2000

I for one will celebrate the day Parker leaves our club. Even when we win its dull as ditchwater,  we rarely play open, exciting football and he almost never utilises the abilities of the players at his disposal to their fullest, its like watching us under Bracewell or Wilkins and tactically he gets it wrong too often. Can't wait for a change. Parker out now for me.