https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Surely That Is It For Parker Now?

Started by ByTheRiver, February 15, 2020, 04:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Statto on February 15, 2020, 04:59:31 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2020, 04:57:05 PM
What has Rodak making three blunders got to do with Parker?

That with these players and a competent coach, a team like Barnsley wouldn't have got the ball near our goal 3 times today

This.

And, actually, why is Rodak okay to single out but not Ream? Ream has been as costly on numerous occasions this year but I still see folk hailing him as 'having a good season'? Odd...

colinwhite

Quote from: Statto on February 15, 2020, 05:04:24 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 15, 2020, 05:02:18 PM
Whatever we say about Parker and Im not defending him,that was a very poor performance by the quality players we have. Tc, Knockhaert, Cavaliero , Mitro had shockers. So they need to look in the mirror too. The players looked as though they have had a bust up in the squad,turning their backs on each other etc.

Your doing it again Statto,dont put words into peoples mouths because that not what I said nor meant. But to emphasise that we we have such a strong squad and it is simply Parkers fault and nothing to do with players doesnt add up to me. Parker is to blame for this defeat but so are the players.

Yes a lack of motivation and discipline isn't the manager's responsibility so obviously we can't blame Parker for that

ByTheRiver

Whatever we say about Parker and Im not defending him,that was a very poor performance by the quality players we have. Tc, Knockhaert, Cavaliero , Mitro had shockers. So they need to look in the mirror too. The players looked as though they have had a bust up in the squad,turning their backs on each other etc.

And who's job is it to motivate or discipline? To build cohesion? To build a team that will fight for each other/cover other? Who's job description do you think that features on?

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 15, 2020, 05:09:42 PM

And who's job is it to motivate or discipline? To build cohesion? To build a team that will fight for each other/cover other? Who's job description do you think that features on?

Parker has not improved one player, just achieved in making very talented ones look ordinary!

colinwhite

Whilst we are at it Mitro had a shocker today,and didnt put the work in. Looking at his body language before the game he looked like he didnt fancy it at all.

colinwhite

Parker has failed to get the team playing today. That isnt in dispute .

ByTheRiver

Quote from: colinwhite on February 15, 2020, 05:11:29 PM
Whilst we are at it Mitro had a shocker today,and didnt put the work in. Looking at his body language before the game he looked like he didnt fancy it at all.

Hardly surprising. He knows team is massively underperforming and that probably made the wrong choice. He will be playing in the premier league next season, Barnsley will be in League One. Those two things are as good as certain.

colinwhite

He still looks injured to me.(Mitro ) but if you are going to be critical of the team then Mitro has to take his share as do they all.

Skatzoffc

I wonder if Parker's insistence on playing Onomah has caused a rift in the the dressing room.
Stefjo seems to be out in the cold. Mitro, Cairney et al not up to snuff.

What was it that KMAc and Cairny go off. We keep on Onomah and bring on Arter?
Jees.

I just cannot believe the decisions he makes.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 15, 2020, 05:06:04 PM

That with these players and a competent coach, a team like Barnsley wouldn't have got the ball near our goal 3 times today

This.

And, actually, why is Rodak okay to single out but not Ream? Ream has been as costly on numerous occasions this year but I still see folk hailing him as 'having a good season'? Odd...

Maybe because he was to blame for the goals today..doh

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: colinwhite on February 15, 2020, 05:17:46 PM
He still looks injured to me.(Mitro ) but if you are going to be critical of the team then Mitro has to take his share as do they all.

Didn't look interested, won nothing all day nearly.

Matt10

The part that I'm frustrated with is Parker's lack of support for Mitro and not addressing obvious glaring issues in our attack. The wings are covered through a double team, and this forces our winger to hold onto the ball unless we one-touch pass quickly or a speedy central player can get there in time. If we're going to play with such an emphasis in width, and isolate Mitro anyway, we need to play with two up front at all times. Our presence in a 3-5-2 is much stronger with Hector than before, and at this point we need to score more goals than just focus defensively. The more we fail at the attack, the more it invites pressure. We have a pack of on-paper goal scoreres, and ony one of them is living up to his potential.   

Three crucial mistakes from Rodak, and several chances for us to score. Unfortunately, we lacked finishing, and they didn't. It's that simple. In the first half we couldn't handle their double-team on our wingers. In the second, with the wind, we started building momentum - only to concede a stupid goal where Rodak has zero business covering an angle with no threat. Ruined our momentum. We respond with throwing on Arter, Reid and Kamara. A 3-5-2 created so many chances as a result. Reid could've scored 3, Mitro 2, Onomah 3 and who knows what else.

If Parker is sacked tomorrow, I would be surprised, but at the same time I can understand. These are high stakes, and his delayed response to the opponent's tactics are a slow burn that have potential to cost us a playoff spot, let alone automatic promotion. 

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on February 15, 2020, 05:18:10 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 15, 2020, 05:06:04 PM

This.

Maybe because he was to blame for the goals today..doh

As Ream has been on four or five occasions this season and yet people get their heads bitten off pointing it oh. Now that really is 'doh'.

Skatzoffc

We win as a team and lose as a team.

As a team we were dreadful and deserved to lose 0-3 to the bottom of table team.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on February 15, 2020, 05:11:14 PM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on February 15, 2020, 05:09:42 PM

Parker has not improved one player, just achieved in making very talented ones look ordinary!

Exactly. 100%.

love4ffc

Sorry, but not impressed with the so called "talent" that everyone keeps talking about.  It may look like an auto promotion team on paper but reality is another thing. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: love4ffc on February 15, 2020, 05:28:10 PM
Sorry, but not impressed with the so called "talent" that everyone keeps talking about.  It may look like an auto promotion team on paper but reality is another thing.
It does after Parker's had 6 months with them!

Riversider

This is still the same forum is it, that when recently I said , we are third in the table in spite of Parker not because of Parker, people were queuing up to have pop ?
Some of you really haven't been able to see the wood for the trees this season, by and large the "Performances" this season have been terrible, nowhere near good enough,
Parker and Cairney can both **ck off, but not until the summer, as this season is already over, then in the summer I would love to see us try and persuade David Wagner to come back to England, did a fantastic job at Huddersfield to get them promoted but then thrown under the bus by the club when they got there, but replacements are really a discussion for another day,
Parker was never a fans favourite as a player, concerns were raised when he came back as an assistant manager, and plenty of us questioned the decision to make him manager,
Personally, I can't wait to see the back of him at our club.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: love4ffc on February 15, 2020, 05:28:10 PM

Ah yeah, sorry, you're right. The international players that have all performed brilliantly in the past are actually rubbish and Parker is, in fact, doing a really good job. I see now.

Cool, let's carry on as we are.

All the way to relegation next year when half the squad move on and budget is massively cut.