Main Menu

Abou Kamara

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 22, 2020, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

Quote from: HobGoblin on February 26, 2020, 10:37:41 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 26, 2020, 10:07:23 PM
I'll take another marginal assist...thanks AK

Necroing a thread to get a one up on someone there it seems ;)

Sorry but is "necroing" a word?

Andy S

Come on people we won. That is what shows up 1-0 to the whites 3 points. That is all that matters move on

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Andy S on February 26, 2020, 11:09:49 PM
Come on people we won. That is what shows up 1-0 to the whites 3 points. That is all that matters move on

How much are the club paying you?  086.gif

howitis

Great cross from Kamara this evening but doesn't change my opinion of him. Happy to recognise a decent bit of play and pleased for him and the team.
Thought we were devoid of ideas 2nd half but somehow got the result. Would love to think that this might be a turning point but still not convinced.
If I had to single out weaker performances I would say Arter very lucky to be playing ahead of McDon ald.

Statto

Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2020, 11:06:15 PM
Quote from: howitis on February 22, 2020, 08:23:42 AM
Awful player and very much part of the problem. Zero football intelligence and severely limited ability. How he is still at the club and around the first team is mind boggling.

Egg on face.

To be honest his comment looked rather silly from the moment it was posted, but yes it looks even more silly now

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Statto on February 26, 2020, 11:41:01 PM
Awful player and very much part of the problem. Zero football intelligence and severely limited ability. How he is still at the club and around the first team is mind boggling.

Egg on face.

To be honest his comment looked rather silly from the moment it was posted, but yes it looks even more silly now

I can understand these types of comments to an extent given that Kamara did appear to be somewhat of a headless chicken upon arrival, but even then it was apparent his pace and strength frightened the life out of defenders. He now appears to have got his head screwed on and is much better at his decision making; in stark contrast to Knockaert who still seems to always opt for cutting inside and shooting.

Slaphead in Qatar

Great cross by AK for the goal last night - and really nice to see mitro and ak embrace after the final whistle.

kiwian

Last 2 goals, crosses from AK, goals from Mitro, what's wrong with that? Just give him and Kebano more time please Scott.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

One Martin Thomas

I like him a lot but would prefer Ayite ! Why get rid ?

Jim©

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on February 28, 2020, 07:25:01 AM
I like him a lot but would prefer Ayite ! Why get rid ?

Interestingly on Monday night fix, TC stated that Ayite was the most underrated player he's ever played with. Not entirely sure why we got rid either- though he did seem to spend 1/2 his time injured.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2020, 11:07:52 PM

My English Teacher once told me that the word Necroing is defined as " digging up a dead thread in a forum ".
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rusty shackleford

If AK had a brain he'd be playing for someone a lot better than us. We should be appreciative of the skills he offers us that the rest dont.

Carborundum

AK's crossing has been pretty good. On the one occasion this season Mitro couldn't play, he did well up front.  He brings bags of strength, speed and urgency and he has the knack of cheering me up when he comes on.  Nothing short of a nightmare to mark.  He's done all that through hard work, which given he started life one of twenty children suggests he's not lacking in intelligence.  Football is a game of relentless mistake making.  In the final third you want people doing high risk high reward stuff that often goes wrong.   He is so positive in his efforts and delivers so much that is game-changing. 

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 28, 2020, 10:32:31 AM
Quote from: Twig on February 26, 2020, 11:07:52 PM

My English Teacher once told me that the word Necroing is defined as " digging up a dead thread in a forum ".

It is a word. It's in the urban dictionary. You must have had a pretty hip teacher.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on February 27, 2020, 12:12:43 AM
Quote from: Statto on February 26, 2020, 11:41:01 PM

Egg on face.

I can understand these types of comments to an extent given that Kamara did appear to be somewhat of a headless chicken upon arrival, but even then it was apparent his pace and strength frightened the life out of defenders. He now appears to have got his head screwed on and is much better at his decision making; in stark contrast to Knockaert who still seems to always opt for cutting inside and shooting.
✔✔

AnOldBrownie

You can't teach pace.   He's the fastest attacker we have, and any of our other attackers would have gotten caught on today's counter where he scored.   Until they spend more money on a player with a better brain, that has the same amount of pace, I'm super happy having AK47 as an impact sub and as our #1 backup striker.

(props to Cav for throwing it into a higher gear to keep up with Kamara on the counter btw)

Fulham1959

"Props" means 'proper respect and recognition'.

(I've just had to look it up)   :005:

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 29, 2020, 05:04:17 PM
(props to Cav for throwing it into a higher gear to keep up with Kamara on the counter btw)

Do you still reckon "most CBs and FBs in this league... have just as much pace" as Cavaliero?

086.gif

MikeTheCubed

Fitting that the ball came back to him to score after unselfishly laying it off when he could have went for goal himself.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Statto on February 29, 2020, 05:33:29 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 29, 2020, 05:04:17 PM

Do you still reckon "most CBs and FBs in this league... have just as much pace" as Cavaliero?

086.gif

082.gif