watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Abou Kamara

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 22, 2020, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

No mention of Neeskens ... surely the most hard done player we have in the squad.  Miles better than AK and a number of others in my view.  But not a Scotty boy so bound to be sold for someone who operates in a sideways trajectory.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

I like Kebano, and I feel he has been given a raw deal.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 22, 2020, 02:31:00 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 22, 2020, 09:40:58 AM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on February 22, 2020, 09:30:27 AM
Kamara does not have a football brain and to give him credit for his assist is very marginal. At least he did not attempt to beat someone and shoot like Knock would probably have done but his cross was very average and was only converted by the class of Mitro..
Apart from that I can only remember one dribble into the area.
so Kamara gets the one decent cross in for Mitro to score and the assist is marginal? If that had been TC I suspect many would be saying great assist, picked Mitro out. Well done AK.

Amazing how different people can see a game so differently. The goal assist was in the box in and around Mitro. That is what this team has been lacking for a month, save Bryan.

Nobody has even mentioned the chance Cav had at the edge of the area, created by AK as well.

do you mean the brillaint chance with no obstacle to htting the target that cav managed to hit over the crossbar?

I think cav is a waste of space but not sure f that is him or parker's fault. knoc is a brilliant footballer and cannot understand why he is currently so ineffective, again is that parker?
AK? He is jeykll and hyde. the cross for mitro was brilliant after a third rate effort by cav was deflected away, when mitro was absent, ak played the central forward rle very well... in usual circumstances I would say he is way to hit and miss but you cannot fault his enthusiasm.

Arthur

Quote from: ALG01 on February 22, 2020, 03:27:15 PM
I think cav is a waste of space but not sure f that is him or parker's fault. knoc is a brilliant footballer and cannot understand why he is currently so ineffective, again is that parker?

Maybe Knockaert's so ineffective because he's as much of 'a waste of space' as Cavaleiro (and any negative impact that Parker may be having is being had equally on both). Perhaps Knockaert's not the brilliant player you think and Cavaleiro's not useless.

WindyCity

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 22, 2020, 10:33:44 AM
Quote from: howitis on February 22, 2020, 08:23:42 AM
Awful player and very much part of the problem. Zero football intelligence and severely limited ability. How he is still at the club and around the first team is mind boggling.

It takes all types to make up a team/squad, Kamara has his strengths as well as his shortcomings, as we all have. Fulham just need to utilise his strengths to their best advantage.

Agreed WM.  I have always liked AK even when he was catching stick in this forum.  Wasn't happy with some of his on and off pitch problems, but he does put in a solid shift and has some speed and strength.  Mostly a vertical player, lacks passing, dribbling skills, etc but can be a dangerous player.  Filled in pretty good for Mitro when Mitro was sidelined.

Nero

What  AK is a right foot player playing on the right wing and crosses and makes thinks happen knock is a left footed player player on the right wing and cuts in and makes f all happen. We have a brute of a centre forward who doesnt get the ball with player cutting inside

Jims Dentist

Kamara does not have a football brain and to give him credit for his assist is very marginal. At least he did not attempt to beat someone and shoot like Knock would probably have done but his cross was very average and was only converted by the class of Mitro..
so Kamara gets the one decent cross in for Mitro to score and the assist is marginal? If that had been TC I suspect many would be saying great assist, picked Mitro out. Well done AK.
✅✅

fulhamben

Quote from: ALG01 on February 22, 2020, 03:27:15 PM
Quote from: WolverineFFC on February 22, 2020, 02:31:00 PM

Amazing how different people can see a game so differently. The goal assist was in the box in and around Mitro. That is what this team has been lacking for a month, save Bryan.

Nobody has even mentioned the chance Cav had at the edge of the area, created by AK as well.

do you mean the brillaint chance with no obstacle to htting the target that cav managed to hit over the crossbar?

AK? He is jeykll and hyde. the cross for mitro was brilliant after a third rate effort by cav was deflected away, when mitro was absent, ak played the central forward rle very well... in usual circumstances I would say he is way to hit and miss but you cannot fault his enthusiasm.
not sure he is waste of space but definitely inconsistent, I've seen him have fantastic games for us. Mainly when he plays down the right though and gets lots of crosses in.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

I admire the way Kamara has turned his career around. I don´t think he can be a starter but he is one hell of a super sub.
Where there's a will there's a wife

St Eve

I have always liked AK and he should be starting up front with Mitro. He is strong, has pace and always gives 100%

Hatch007

Awful player and very much part of the problem. Zero football intelligence and severely limited ability. How he is still at the club and around the first team is mind boggling.
Did he have zero football intelligence when he deputised for Mitro at home to QPR and scored both goals with clinical finishes in a 2-1 win. And that was not an isolated incident as proven by his assist for Reid's first goal for the club and another assist last night.

I would argue zero intelligence is not how it is

Hatch007

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on February 22, 2020, 02:52:52 PM
I like Kebano, and I feel he has been given a raw deal.
:plus one:

MJG

I'll take another marginal assist...thanks AK
Just the views of a long term fan

AnOldBrownie

BOOM!

He's not a starter, but should be getting 20 minutes every game.    Impact player off the bench.

hovewhite

AK underated by posters on this site and keeps proving the lunch mob in waiting wrong.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on February 26, 2020, 10:22:57 PM
AK underated by posters on this site and keeps proving the lunch mob in waiting wrong.

It's not the lunch mob that are concerning as I am on a diet. But a lynch mob may be cause for concern. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HobGoblin

Quote from: MJG on February 26, 2020, 10:07:23 PM
I'll take another marginal assist...thanks AK

Necroing a thread to get a one up on someone there it seems ;)

PhilEsh

Well said.

RaySmith

Knock made a couple of bad errors, though  trying hard as usual - but he dribbled into trouble, nearly costing us a goal, and on another occasion slackly hit a pass to Cav, who was in a great scoring position, but the  seemingly simple to execute pass  was way off.

He is brilliant, but definitely inconsistent, and has a propensity to try and dribble his way out of trouble in defensive areas, and then losing the ball.

Twig

Egg on face.