https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parkerball feels empty

Started by mattFFC, February 22, 2020, 10:22:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luka

Quote from: Jim© on February 24, 2020, 02:58:48 PM
Quote from: Luka on February 23, 2020, 04:24:06 PM

Parker is single handedly destroying all that is dear to so many who support this club.

In an age of over reactions I think that the above beats the lot.

If that was all I said then I would agree but you only cut and pasted my opening sentence.

Attending a game under the lights by the river was always and should always be an experience and one that is held dear to those that do it regularly. However some on here have suggested they have lost interest and now question attending or even watching on tv while we play Parker's brand of football.

So my comment was.......

"Parker is single handedly destroying all that is dear to so many who support this club. For so many hardened life long Fulham fans to feel this ambivalent about watching, never mind actually going to a game is very sad"

Maybe I should have said much that is dear rather than all.

HV71

I totally agree with Twig and MJG -  I am in the same place . The only thing I don't agree with Twig is that unfortunately I will still renew my season ticket next year - as without live football and FFC then life would be rather dull . Yes - even boring football is better than none . Football and supporting a team is about hope and each season I just hope that it might be better than the last ..... unlikely but still true

Twig

Quote from: HV71 on February 25, 2020, 09:42:43 PM
I totally agree with Twig and MJG -  I am in the same place . The only thing I don't agree with Twig is that unfortunately I will still renew my season ticket next year - as without live football and FFC then life would be rather dull . Yes - even boring football is better than none . Football and supporting a team is about hope and each season I just hope that it might be better than the last ..... unlikely but still true

You're probably being more realistic than me. I expect I'll prevaricate and eventually give in and renew. Goodness only knows why though, sucker for punishment I suppose.

HV71

It's the life of a supporter Twig - there is little ,if any , rational thinking - it is  truly about"hope" -  small word  - massive implications.  It just gets to us all .

USNA90

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on February 24, 2020, 03:20:13 PM
The best high possession football doesn't come from retaining the ball in areas the other team can't be damaged, it comes from pressing and winning the ball back so high and fast that the other team cannot manage to have any possession themselves.

I agree with this 100%.  I really don't see the value in time of possession, especially with the way Fulham plays.  They could have possession for 70% of the game, but if half of their possession time is spent passing the ball back in forth in front of their own goal, all while being under heavy pressure.  That's not just boring - it's dangerous.

On the topic of boring play, I understand the results vs. style argument.  However, at the beginning of the year, most pundits thought Fulham would have the most dangerous attack in the league.  In basketball, the less talented team tries to slow down the pace of play, in the hope that a slow, ugly game will be to their benefit.  In other words, they play possession ball just like Fulham does.  I'm guessing that in four out of five games, Fulham has the more talented team on the field, yet they slow down the game and, in my admittedly novice opinion, let much less talented teams stick around and turn the game into a rock fight.  If Fulham played to their strengths and talent level, instead of playing down to the level of their opponents, they would probably at least be where they are now in the table, and more likely they would be a good deal further ahead.

Classic94

What we're seeing is possession for possession sake. As many have pointed out, possession is good so long as there's purpose, movement and intensity in our play. I'm literally seeing none of these things on a weekly basis. We're 3rd in league due to the quality on our books as opposed to any tactical nous coming from the dugout. I often wonder what it is we're trying to do amongst all the sideways passing. Parker is woefully underperforming with the best assortment of attacking players in the league. Moreover, the football is turgid, insipid and plain dull.

The Rational Fan

Parker has barely ever trained in a team that he is not playing with. Parker's tactics are missing a player like him in the middle of the Park and it isn't going to work with the central midfielders we have. Beginner Mistake