watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Fulham 1 v Swansea 0

Started by love4ffc, February 26, 2020, 09:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Give us your thoughts on how Fulham took all three points froms the Swans in last minutes of the match  049:gif  049:gif  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Mince n Tatties

Is 220 over 150 OK for blood pressure.😵

HobGoblin

7 points clear of 7th, better GD too so may as well be of 8 anyhow. Wembley day anyone again?

Woolly Mammoth

The first 90 + minutes are the most important. This is what happens when we feed Mitro with crosses. The ball never gets tired, and a clean sheet also.
Mitro will be relieved more than most, great theatre and great timing.
Who wrote the script, however, I would have preferred to see our subs used far earlier than they are.
That is three precious and massive points for morale and team spirit and will make so much difference for the atmosphere in training for the rest of the week. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

For me I am pleasantly surprised that Fulham walk away with all three points there.  While Scotty had the lads playing at a much quicker pace there just was no real threat from Fulham in the final third. 

Loved that the team were playing more one touch and two touch passing rather then the slow methodical sideways backwards passing.  It was much more exciting and produced a lot more corners and shots on targets. 

A few match notes:
•   While that was a soft PK given to Fulham that was an awful penalty taken by Mitro.  No real power and slow in the stutter step building up to kicking the ball. 
•   We are lucky that the ref did not give a pen to the Swans.  Could have seen it given a couple of times. 
•   Bobby Reid was invisible most of the match.  Not his best.  He would have been the player I would have taken off with Kabano coming on for. 
•   Knockaert made some important touches but not enough for me.  Wish AK had started for him instead. 
•   Harry didn't impress me either.  Wish StefJo had started for him instead. 

In the end glad Fulham got the three points as I could have seen that being the beginning of the top places running away from them. 

COYW!!!

Wingnut

A minor miracle? Poor in the final third. Best not to comment on the penalty. That being said, it is a massive three points. Hope it'll give the players a nice lift ahead of the Preston game.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

AnOldBrownie

love4ffc

Really hope the players play with that kind of pace for the rest of the season. 

Andyb

I want to see kebano start, he's so quick at turning with the ball. Think he can cause lots of problems

RaySmith

Like at Derby and Millwall,  performances much criticised  by fans, we dug deep here, and didn't  give up, with heroic defending, and kept threatening their goal, despite , frustratingly, having no success.

But Mitro! what character that man has, as well as immense  determination, courage and skill, to come back mentally after the  awful pen, and score such a goal, and well done to AK too, for yet another  inch perfect cross - out first all night?

Very well done to Scott and the lads.
COYW!!!! 049:gif

alfie

Quote from: love4ffc on February 26, 2020, 09:51:56 PM
For me I am pleasantly surprised that Fulham walk away with all three points there.  While Scotty had the lads playing at a much quicker pace there just was no real threat from Fulham in the final third. 

Loved that the team were playing more one touch and two touch passing rather then the slow methodical sideways backwards passing.  It was much more exciting and produced a lot more corners and shots on targets. 

A few match notes:
•   While that was a soft PK given to Fulham that was an awful penalty taken by Mitro.  No real power and slow in the stutter step building up to kicking the ball. 
•   We are lucky that the ref did not give a pen to the Swans.  Could have seen it given a couple of times. 
•   Bobby Reid was invisible most of the match.  Not his best.  He would have been the player I would have taken off with Kabano coming on for. 
•   Knockaert made some important touches but not enough for me.  Wish AK had started for him instead. 
•   Harry didn't impress me either.  Wish StefJo had started for him instead. 

In the end glad Fulham got the three points as I could have seen that being the beginning of the top places running away from them. 

COYW!!!
Agree, bu I thought Arter had a good game
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Andyb on February 26, 2020, 09:56:59 PM
I want to see kebano start, he's so quick at turning with the ball. Think he can cause lots of problems

But who do you sit?   Cav or Knock?

grandad

We were so on top for the whole game. Go & look at the stats on the Offal. One that stood out was that Swansea made 53 clearances to our 9. Is is just our finishing that is stopping us score more.
Where there's a will there's a wife

love4ffc

Quote from: Andyb on February 26, 2020, 09:56:59 PM

Agree with this.  I think I heard GJ say he had an appendix operation or something. 

Matt10

Quote from: grandad on February 26, 2020, 09:58:34 PM
We were so on top for the whole game. Go & look at the stats on the Offal. One that stood out was that Swansea made 53 clearances to our 9. Is is just our finishing that is stopping us score more.

Agreed, this wasn't a tactical issue other than set pieces with Knockaert to me. This was a match that came down to the players. Who was going to show up and find the back of the net? Mitro. Unfortunately, each Cav, Reid and Knock, had their chances and didn't find their goals.

Sgt Fulham

Mitrovic has made this season worth all the nonsense. What a man!

Mince n Tatties

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: grandad on February 26, 2020, 09:58:34 PM

That's why we should have bought a second striker last two windows.

YankeeJim

Arter and Knockers shouldn't be starting. I'd go with Kebano and than if we are not ahead I'd do a double switch with Knockers and Abou coming on. That much pace go at defenders from both sides of the pitch would scare the hell out of them. With Stefo & Kmac available, Arter needn't even see the bench.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FFC1987

I thought we created more than we have for a lot of games and just didn't finish. Mitro particularly. We could of won this game comfortably to be fair.