https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how did we play

Started by fulhamben, February 29, 2020, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 29, 2020, 08:37:03 PM
Pretty dreadful game all round tbh.

Preston came for a draw and nearly got it.
Cav and Knock very poor.

Got a lucky goal and scored in injury time, so it looks better than it was. Desperatly dull game imo.

You didn't miss much Ben.
The win was needed tho.

You should have asked for your money back if you were that disappointed. So what if we scored in injury time, it still counts and is just as important and decisive as if we had scored in the 5th minute. Scoring injury time whilst 1 0 up shows that we were not sitting on our lead  and were looking for more.
How was that a lucky goal, we were on top and having a good spell and you must score when we were on top and we did because the cross put nugent under pressure and that is why he tried to head the ball away, pressure creates goals, just as important whether we had scored with a diving header or an overhead kick. That's football at any level, you just want to see the opponents net bulging like a French Trawlermans.
Why bother going if you don't want to see own goals, last minute goals or any goals. The first 96 minutes are the most important.
So Ben actually missed quite a lot, and he will never be able to enjoy the moments we scored because he did not see it at the moments it happened.
There are all sorts of ways to win, as there is all sorts of ways to lose and draw.
But 3 points is the object of the exercise and you either accept the way it is achieved or you do not.
I once threw a boomerang years ago, and now I live in constant fear.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dodger53

Quote from: davew on February 29, 2020, 07:51:56 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on February 29, 2020, 07:11:44 PM
Arter was excellent today. Cavalero and knockaert didnt live up to their billings again for me.Slow the play down too much and lose the ball too much for me. Also thought we looked much more solid when Christie came on. It gave us defensive balance.
No mention of Reid. I thought he went missing most of the game and not the first time recently!
You're right, he disappeared for most of the game.

SuffolkWhite

Woolly Mammoth  "I once threw a boomerang years ago, and now I live in constant fear",  Quality  064.gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Moltobueno on March 01, 2020, 06:11:05 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 29, 2020, 08:37:03 PM
Pretty dreadful game all round tbh.

Preston came for a draw and nearly got it.
Cav and Knock very poor.

Got a lucky goal and scored in injury time, so it looks better than it was. Desperatly dull game imo.

You didn't miss much Ben.
The win was needed tho.

Have to disagree with every word here.

To the OP - for some the result is more important than the gameplay, specially in this stage of the season. For some (apparently you) it's the opposite.
Thought it was a good game - both teams fought really hard and the tempo was alright during the whole game.

Guess you would be happy if we lost every single game and sitting in 24th while creating at least twenty 100%-goal scoring chances per game, only the opponents' keepers to deny us.

Don't "guess what I'd like".

It's my opinion and I'm allowed it on this forum.
Butt out!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

keithh

3 points. I thought Arter was loads better. Feel frustrated when Mitro has to come back to get the ball. Rodak great. Hector great. Kamara was delighted to score but surprised that he got the opportunity as he'd passed the ball in front of the goal & was surprised to get it back. Team better at gelling but wish we had a better ratio of hitting the target. We need to practice taking corners. Mitro needs & deserves better attacking support.

clarkey

Fulham much better v Preston than on Wednesday.
Cav pretty useless, so why not AK47 earlier ? 

Also Kev Mac has to play.Feed Cairney more and strength !

Cairney excellent Saturday, lovely to watch and after first 20 mins when we could have lost it, we were really good and solid.Anthony much better than Cav who with Bobby was well out of touch. Start AK47 and leave Cav on bench.Obviously.

Also small word in favour of Cyrus, up till now I rated him not at all, yesterday best game for FFC, great going forward and good crosses. Bryan not missed one bit. C'mon you whites !!!

snarks

Quote from: clarkey on March 01, 2020, 01:31:33 PM

Cairney excellent Saturday, lovely to watch and after first 20 mins when we could have lost it, we were really good and solid.Anthony much better than Cav who with Bobby was well out of touch. Start AK47 and leave Cav on bench.Obviously.

Also small word in favour of Cyrus, up till now I rated him not at all, yesterday best game for FFC, great going forward and good crosses. Bryan not missed one bit. C'mon you whites !!!

Feel sorry for BDR, he works his socks off and drives us forward more playing where he does. He's not getting the credit he deserves. Everyone is saying we are playing quicker over the last 2 games which coincides with him being part of the 3 with TC and Arter.

bigalffc

Quote from: SP on February 29, 2020, 08:40:44 PM
You missed a rather fetching rainbow over the JH Stand.
Yes my granddaughter appreciated that!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

fulhamben

So it seems like there's been some improvement. Not gonna lie though staying away from the last two home games has really made me appreciate our league position a lot more. Hell I even think we can catch Brom now.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Cav does deserve credit for his part in our 2nd goal. When AK latched on to a perfect pass from BDR & sprinted forward Cav was bursting his lungs to keep pace through the middle. When he got fed by AK he saw that AK was in a better position to score.. If Cav had not done so their GK & a couple of defenders would have smothered any goal attempt. Credit where credit is due.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on March 01, 2020, 02:18:54 PM
Cav does deserve credit for his part in our 2nd goal. When AK latched on to a perfect pass from BDR & sprinted forward Cav was bursting his lungs to keep pace through the middle. When he got fed by AK he saw that AK was in a better position to score.. If Cav had not done so their GK & a couple of defenders would have smothered any goal attempt. Credit where credit is due.
as I said in the other post on this topic, both players were unselfish and picked out a player in a better position for the sake of the team. Kamara or cav would have been lambasted if they had taken it on and missed with players in better positions. It was unselfish football that ended up in a goal from a well worked counter
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Matt10

Quote from: snarks on March 01, 2020, 01:48:25 PM
Quote from: clarkey on March 01, 2020, 01:31:33 PM

Feel sorry for BDR, he works his socks off and drives us forward more playing where he does. He's not getting the credit he deserves. Everyone is saying we are playing quicker over the last 2 games which coincides with him being part of the 3 with TC and Arter.

Well said, and I completely agree. Not only is he working as a point in that triangle, he's also dragging players out of position to open up our space. Do people think that we can move the ball as easily as we do without any movement off the ball? It's BDR's free movement that sets up the space to build into.