watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So how did we play

Started by fulhamben, February 29, 2020, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

I know both results have been fantastic this week, but I don't care about that. How did the team actually  play. Did they look more like a team and have purpose or was it more of the same. Has Parker actually learnt something and is now commanding credit or was it individual talent getting him out of a hole again. Ps well done ak, still my favourite player
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

ChesterTheTabby

Like last week, some very nice fluid play and SO much more solid defensively. Missing the killer instinct in the penalty box, though, and our corners are generally dreadful. But overall, deserved both wins this week undoubtedly.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

colinwhite

Two good performances. Team performances. If anything it is the "talented individuals ", that havent performed. Cairney is the onvious exception to this and has put in 2 fine displays. Quality on the ballwe expect , but  hes added fight and determination. " TWo complete performances from him. We can do this.

General

It seems I've seen a different game to a few others today, even though I was at the match. So who knows. We won as others have mentioned and kept a clean sheet, preston could've scored and arguably should've but didn't.. maybe I'm too critical, but something just seems off/odd about the way we're playing at the moment.

If I was to change any two things from today? Swap Cavaleiro and knockaert back to their natural sides and put Kmac in instead of Arter.

colinwhite

Arter was excellent today. Cavalero and knockaert didnt live up to their billings again for me.Slow the play down too much and lose the ball too much for me. Also thought we looked much more solid when Christie came on. It gave us defensive balance.

Matt10

Agreed, Arter was brilliant. He did what a DMF needs to do and break up plays left, right and centre. That's exactly what he did. His aggression was a good contrast to Cairney's subtle touches as well. I am not against Kmac either, but have to give credit where it's due.

Overall, we were out of sync in the defensive third. Mitro showing to the ball when we are on the sides to cross to him, forcing Christie to cut in and get into the box instead for example. We also tried to play the ball to Mitro's feet from the back as well, but the pressure on him was unreal.

Think we looked good overall, just a matter of the final ball. Have to give credit to Odoi who has really became quite solid as this season has gone along. He definitely redeemed himself from the reverse fixture. 

SuffolkWhite

Main thing for me is the team are fighting for the results. The last two performances have been more solid. Stand outs today for me were Christie and Hector. AK brings speed and he frightens opponents. A good week for Fulham.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

Quote from: colinwhite on February 29, 2020, 07:11:44 PM
Arter was excellent today. Cavalero and knockaert didnt live up to their billings again for me.Slow the play down too much and lose the ball too much for me. Also thought we looked much more solid when Christie came on. It gave us defensive balance.
No mention of Reid. I thought he went missing most of the game and not the first time recently!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

General

Noted just now that we played similarly to West Brom when they played Preston this week, although they scored two when Preston had a player sent off in the 64th minute.. Makes us look better when you put the fact that West Brom had the same scoreline but with an extra man advantage for 30 mins.

colinwhite

He ran his socks off( Reid) . Very important when we pressed them even though he didnt have that many touches of the ball. We didnt just surrender the secong ball either. He was vital in second phase.

bobbo

I thought we were 2nd best first half today but made up for it second half.
I loathed to dig out individuals but I can't believe we've bought cav , for me he offers very little.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

filham

Give credit to Parker, 6 points from those last two games is great. The performances were OK, we are struggling to score but  our defence is much improved. Just wish Cav, Knock and Reid could get on the list of goal scorers now and again.

Sting of the North

Quote from: colinwhite on February 29, 2020, 08:21:22 PM
He ran his socks off( Reid) . Very important when we pressed them even though he didnt have that many touches of the ball. We didnt just surrender the secong ball either. He was vital in second phase.

:plus one:

Skatzoffc

Pretty dreadful game all round tbh.

Preston came for a draw and nearly got it.
Cav and Knock very poor.

Got a lucky goal and scored in injury time, so it looks better than it was. Desperatly dull game imo.

You didn't miss much Ben.
The win was needed tho.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

SP

You missed a rather fetching rainbow over the JH Stand.

Twig

Quote from: Skatzoffc on February 29, 2020, 08:37:03 PM

Cav and Knock very poor.

Got a lucky goal and scored in injury time, so it looks better than it was. Desperatly dull game imo.

Very enjoyable game all round tbh. We played the better football, PNE were a bit more physical. PNE huffed and puffed but didn't really look like ever getting on top. We are moving the ball more quickly and have cut down on the tippy tappy stuff.

You missed a second consecutive great day at the Cottage.

snarks

Cav and Knock very poor.

The win was needed tho.

Clearly I watched a different game, thoroughly enjoyable and a good result

Porthogs FC

First time all season that, for the last two games, I've been generally happy with TC, he's made a big difference and is not just passing backwards.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on February 29, 2020, 06:43:45 PM
I know both results have been fantastic this week, but I don't care about that. How did the team actually  play. Did they look more like a team and have purpose or was it more of the same. Has Parker actually learnt something and is now commanding credit or was it individual talent getting him out of a hole again. Ps well done ak, still my favourite player

Scott Parker was brilliant before the match with his team selection and team talk, he was superb first half with his tactics. He was marvellous with his game management and substitutions in the second half, and was sensational in his post match interview after the game.
A wonderful man and fantastic coach and a glorious manager.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Moltobueno

Cav and Knock very poor.

The win was needed tho.

Have to disagree with every word here.

To the OP - for some the result is more important than the gameplay, specially in this stage of the season. For some (apparently you) it's the opposite.
Thought it was a good game - both teams fought really hard and the tempo was alright during the whole game.

Guess you would be happy if we lost every single game and sitting in 24th while creating at least twenty 100%-goal scoring chances per game, only the opponents' keepers to deny us.