watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Christie

Started by Finnans Right Peg, February 29, 2020, 08:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

Thought  cyrus played really well when he came on and gave us an out ball everytime .Thought he put in some good crosses too .

I know he gets a good bit of stick on here (some of it unfair) but he never moans when dropped and always puts in shift .

I feel we will miss Bryan going forward if he is out injured but for the run of games we have I think I would prefer christie and odoi as full backs .

Also thought arter played his best game in awhile a.d tom seems to have found some much needed aggression in the last couple of games .

COYW

Robbie

Brilliant today. Well done for an ignored player.

davew

Quote from: Robbie on February 29, 2020, 09:02:47 PM
Brilliant today. Well done for an ignored player.
+1, in his cameo roles he has shown more desire (and sometimes) and more skill than 3 of our overpaid star players, no need to mention their names, they will redeem themselves on the run in to the end of the season. If they don´t I will name them!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Whitesideup

Close run, but I think he was my MotM today.

Robbie

I voted for him for MOTM

filham

He was the player posing the biggest threat to the Preston defence, difficult to see how he can be left out of the team for the next match.
With ten games left it must be a nice bonus for Parker for a fringe layer to show such good form.

KeenCottager

Played well yesterday, Mick McCarthy was watching from the cottage balcony

ashteadFFC

Had a very good game - pleased for him.

SuffolkWhite

Yep up there for mom.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Kimbleman

I must add that I took a couple of German lads with me yesterday to the match. They both said Christie looked good and both said "the number 24 is a poser"! Make from that what you will.

Dodger53

I have often been critical of Christie but yesterday he came on early and had a good game.

bog

I am pleased for the player. He has had some fearful stick on here and by the crowd, shades of Chris Baird who used to be booed when he came on and ended up being revered. Last season Cyrus got a right blasting from Shearer on MOTD, he who as manager for 8 games did nothing. Good luck to Cyrus, Joe may be out for a while if that was hamstring, so here's hoping he comes though. 

092.gif     

toshes mate

It's interesting that a change forced by the unfortunate hamstring injury suffered by Bryan should yield a change that allowed Christie to shine and for FFC to appear to be stronger in the defensive third and more potent in the attacking sense too.  It's all about those partnerships that should have been tried out a long time ago both behind the scenes and on match days.  It is always a shame when injury forces changes that have hidden benefit.   I am one of those people who would have loved to have seen Bryan playing on the left wing with a full back behind him just to see how it worked, and Christie likewise on the other flank, but I guess it requires a overactive imagination to try it out.  Christie my MOTM.

ALG01

Christie was brilliant again so well done to him. if he could manage a bit more consitency he would be the number one right back.

regarding bryan, I know he is good going forward but I think his defending is questionable and I actualy prefer the back four we finished with than we started with. Shame odoi is right footed but he is a better defender than bryan but quite a margin.

filham

Our injury list is now worrying.
Bryan, Mawson, Kongolo, Le Marchand, Onomah, and Reed.

Can we afford any more in the last ten games.

One Martin Thomas

Didn't go yesterday! When Bryan went off did he put Christie at LB or did he play him RB and bring Odoi across ?

Finnans Right Peg

Quote from: One Martin Thomas on March 01, 2020, 11:12:04 AM
Didn't go yesterday! When Bryan went off did he put Christie at LB or did he play him RB and bring Odoi across ?
played christie rb and moved odoi across

Dodgin

Good interview on FFC by Cyrus.

FFC1987

As a previous sceptical Christie starting man, I have to say, there's been a few occasions now where he's proved he's more than capable of starting and being a big part of this squad. Don't get me wrong, I always thought he was good enough for championship, but thought we'd need to improve if we went up but I'm happy for the guy. Mentality, he must of been through a lot this year so its great to see players overcoming adversity.

Statto

As with most things in life, eventually people get what they deserve.

Christie is clearly a good player at this level and now he's getting a chance to show that. Good for him, and everyone concerned.

Yes he got some stick but he was poor last season and didn't do himself any favours with the Twitter posts after Barnsley away. Sometimes players just need to shut up and get their heads and down. It's not too much to ask from someone earning a million pound a year.