watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

preston

Started by Andy S, March 01, 2020, 09:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Preston manager Alex Neil seemed to suggest in the after match interview that they gifted us the game. Their defender didn't want to head the ball back across his own area he was made to. Kamara outpaced the defence on the counter attack. They tried to catch him and they couldn't. From where I sat there was nothing flakey, lucky or donated by Preston. So punch so that I will be delighted should we reach the play offs and play Preston.

ALG01

Quote from: Andy S on March 01, 2020, 09:48:17 AM
Preston manager Alex Neil seemed to suggest in the after match interview that they gifted us the game. Their defender didn't want to head the ball back across his own area he was made to. Kamara outpaced the defence on the counter attack. They tried to catch him and they couldn't. From where I sat there was nothing flakey, lucky or donated by Preston. So punch so that I will be delighted should we reach the play offs and play Preston.

I thnk ppreston had four gilt edge chances in the first 20 minutes, at least one of them if not two should have been put away. I think that is to what he referes. it is the old adage, you have to take your chances when you get them otherwise it may come back to bte you. we hardly bothered their keeper much... so i can see it from his point of view. on the other hand after the first 20 minutes we played really well and they then offere absolutely nothing.

Ronnief

I thought Preston were one of the better teams I have seen this season.  If our defence had not been good they could easily have beaten us. But with a bit of good fortune and excellent team play we beat one of our close rivals.  Lets hope the team continues to put in the effort they did yesterday and with more good fortune and no lack of skill we can win our remaining games.

One Martin Thomas

For the money they've spent and the loss of Pearson they are a good team and the mgr has done well ! They're in expensive company in the top 8 of the Championship !

colinwhite

At the end of the day they were not good enough. We were however. The rest is just sour grapes and wishful thinking.

Frackleheath

Alex Neil actually did us a big favour by bringing on Stockley with about 20 minutes to go. They totally changed their approach and no matter where they were, all they did was pump it up in the air towards Stockley (and Hector!!) A lot of the time the balls just floated straight into touch or beyond the forwards.

Thanks very much Mr Neil, much appreciated !!!

Whitesideup

Quote from: Ronnief on March 01, 2020, 10:31:23 AM
I thought Preston were one of the better teams I have seen this season.  If our defence had not been good they could easily have beaten us. But with a bit of good fortune and excellent team play we beat one of our close rivals.  Lets hope the team continues to put in the effort they did yesterday and with more good fortune and no lack of skill we can win our remaining games.

Having gone a goal behind, I thought Preston managed next to nothing. If you take out the header that Rodak had to save (and I think that came off Mitro, not one of their players) then it was nothing. Credit to us for managing the game and defending well, but they must have been disappointed to lose without having a go. So a good, well-organized, hard-working team ... but on this occasion found lacking a bit of offensive bite in the second half.

Jim©

I thought they were bang average to be honest; Charlton, Barnsley and Millwall are way better than them.
Neil is a nasty manager, going mental when big bully Knockeart touched the cheek of their number 2 and went down like he'd been shot. They tried every trick in the book to goad, claim free kicks, dive etc (especially that 2, Fisher).
Two of the early chances of theirs were thanks to fairly obvious pushes so extra pleased they didn't score.

No wonder they've scored 9 pens this season, diving all over the shop all the time.

Burt

Their substitutions didn't work... I was expecting them to have a real go at us in the last 20 minutes, but if anything they fizzled out as the game progressed and I felt that we held out quite comfortably in the end.