watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sturridge - worth a gamble ?

Started by howitis, March 02, 2020, 11:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howitis

I see Daniel Sturridge has had his contract in Turkey cancelled by mutual consent. Would need to know the reason behind this before considering a contract until the end of the season but he has proven quality and we are a tad goal shy at present.
If the departure from Tranzonspor is poor attitude/fitness concerns then its a def no but if its homesickness or his forthcoming court case (recently documneted) then he may well be worth a gamble.

I Ronic

Looks like he might be off to Miami.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: howitis on March 02, 2020, 11:45:34 AM
I see Daniel Sturridge has had his contract in Turkey cancelled by mutual consent. Would need to know the reason behind this before considering a contract until the end of the season but he has proven quality and we are a tad goal shy at present.
If the departure from Tranzonspor is poor attitude/fitness concerns then its a def no but if its homesickness or his forthcoming court case (recently documneted) then he may well be worth a gamble.

Given his history seems unlikely to be a harmonious team player.   And your "he may well be worth a gamble." is a another reason for not going anywhere near him.  :022:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

simplyfulham

It's tricky, because he is undoubtedly one of the most gifted English footballers of his generation. It's a shame he's never really managed to put it all together at the same time.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Would we want to meet his pay demands?   

Andy S

Why disrupt our players and team?

fulhamfan

bog

howitis

Quote from: Southcoastffc on March 02, 2020, 12:59:20 PM

Given his history seems unlikely to be a harmonious team player.   And your "he may well be worth a gamble." is a another reason for not going anywhere near him.  :022:

Nothing is guaranteed - some of the best transfers in football have been "gambles" ...

OldBrownShoe

Reckon he is worth a gamble. After all we have taken a gamble on SP. Reckon Ki from Newcastle when released from his contract would have been a good pick up. 092.gif
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Bill2

Seen him play some great games for the opposition, but always found him to be an arrogant individual. Never forget when he scored for Liverpool against us at the Hammy End. He stood in front of us all with arms crossed expecting some adulation. needless all he got was abuse, never liked him since.
Personally think he has an attitude problem which is why no one in England wanted him, me including.

I Ronic

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 02, 2020, 01:04:16 PM
It's tricky, because he is undoubtedly one of the most gifted English footballers of his generation. It's a shame he's never really managed to put it all together at the same time.

Annoyingly he always seemed to against us.

Slaphead in Qatar

Hate his attitude - comes across as very arrogant

Tempest

Not possible,  contract cancelled outside the transfer window so can't sign in UK. Probably a MLS move for him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

fulhamben

I wouldn't have wanted him even if available. Mitro can't be dropped and ak is more than capable up top should he be required.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Art Vandelay

The title for this thread is very appropriate:)

Ex-Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge has been banned from football for four months for breaching betting rules.

WindyCity

Quote from: simplyfulham on March 02, 2020, 01:04:16 PM

He had a pretty good, if not very good, season with Liverpool alongside Suarez and Sterling.

chrisburt13

Pass, the man's been past it for years. Not sure he'd come anyway